• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why do I need to lead by example as a mom?

In summary, Meg's son has failed in two subjects and she finds out he doesn't like doing homework. She gets motivated to call her hosts and get bookings for her business.
pamela
I have just had one of the worst Mommy moments ever.......my DS started middle school this year and today the program that we can track his grades on is working. I looked and he has a D in Science and a C in Math~when I asked him about his reason why, as 2 grades in each subject were F's on HOMEWORK, he said "I just don't like to do it".....I literally heard my voice coming out of his mouth!! :bugeye:Talk about an eye opener! I have said right in front of both kids "I just don't like having to call my hosts" OR "I just don't like having to call for bookings" I cannot be this kind of Mommy~it would kill me for my kids to grow up to be slackers and that is what will happen if we don't do things we are expected to do just "because I don't like it"!!!

Dear God, help me be a better example for my family...........:pray::pray:
I am getting on the phone TONIGHT and am going to make sure DS sees me do it, too!

You are a good example Meg!!!! That hit me too because I know I've said that before... Good luck with your calls! :)

I forget where I heard it (a CD, a workshop, ?), but I remember listening to a long-term consultant (executive director I think) describe how the most valuable aspect of her business was her children growing up watching their mom build a successful business. That comment motivated me tremendously....and I don't even have kids!

So go inspire your children Meg! You are totally amazing!

Oh Meg! I feel ya!! Good luck with the phone tonight and believe me, you're no loser!!

When my current 8th grader was in first grade she was working on homework. Her younger brother kept trying to talk to us as I was helping her. I said, "she is just doing boring homework." I did not really think it was boring, I was just trying to get him to go do something else.

That one little statement bit me in the tushy for about three years. Anytime I would talk to my daughter about doing homework, she would bring up that it was boring.

That was a HUGE lesson for me.

These are all very good points and I need to keep that in mind when I just don't want to do something, whether it's phone calls, host coaching, the dishes, laundry, etc.

Thanks for sharing!:)

Me again... this reminds me of a seminar I went to a looooong time ago. The speaker had list of things that successful business owners do. One of them was read business books or publications that were relevant to the businesses we were in.

During the Q&A that followed, a guy said that he "didn't like reading." The speaker responded with, "I didn't say you had to like it... I just said you had to do it." That really hit me. Whenever I think, I don't like getting on the phone, I hear this little voice say, "You don't have to like doing it... you just have to do it."

Colleen!! That is soooooo true! It is like laundry~I don't have to like it, but I have to do it! (at least until I can talk the family into going nekked!!)

1. What is "Omg!! Loser Mom That I Am..." about?

"Omg!! Loser Mom That I Am..." is a humorous book about the struggles and mishaps of motherhood. It follows the journey of a mom who constantly feels like she's failing and how she learns to embrace her imperfections.

2. Who is the author of "Omg!! Loser Mom That I Am..."?

The author of "Omg!! Loser Mom That I Am..." is Sarah Maizes. She is a mother, comedian, and author of several other books.

3. Is "Omg!! Loser Mom That I Am..." appropriate for all ages?

While the book is targeted towards adults, older children and teenagers may also enjoy the humor and relate to the experiences described in the book.

4. Are there any recipes included in "Omg!! Loser Mom That I Am..."?

No, "Omg!! Loser Mom That I Am..." is not a cookbook and does not include any recipes. It is a comedic book about motherhood.

5. Can I purchase "Omg!! Loser Mom That I Am..." through Pampered Chef?

No, Pampered Chef does not sell books. "Omg!! Loser Mom That I Am..." can be purchased through various online retailers or at your local bookstore.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamela
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
cmdtrgd
  • chefkathy
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
ChefLoriG
  • Beverly M Hernandez