• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Life Changes Quickly: Preparing for a Move in 3 Weeks!

In summary, the conversation revolved around the news that DH had an interview in Indianapolis and was offered a job with a start date of July 1. This meant a sudden move in three weeks, causing some anxiety and the need for advice on how to stay active with Pampered Chef during the move. It was discovered that several of the individuals in the conversation were from the same city, Fort Wayne, and they discussed plans for future meetings. The conversation also touched upon the director's move and the need to find a new "hoity toity" school for the children.
Brandie
So DH had an interview in Indianapolis yesterday (same company, same job, much larger potential), and we thought we'd know by the end of the week, and then if he was going to be hired, we'd move around late August.

He left the interview, and they called him on his cell fifteen minutes later to tell him the job is his! YEA!!!!!! He starts July 1. What?! I have to move two hours away in three weeks! YIKES!!!! I have to prepare and sell this house, find an interim apartment, then find another house down there. Holy smokes!

Just thought I'd share! I think I'll be taking some time off from PC (just enough to stay active) since my life will be nuts for the next few months! Any advice out there?

Wow! Congrats & YIKES!:eek: I'm sure that you'll do fine. Are you asking for moving advice or staying active advice? I think you may be able to apply for a leave of absence if you need to, but find friends family that are willing to have some catalog shows for you until you are settled. If you are in an apartment, you should be able to meet people. Wear and carry PC stuff and if someone asks you about it, say I'm new to the area and could really use help getting started. People love to help others, esp if they don't know them (odd isn't it?). I'm sure you'll do fine. Good luck & we are all here for any mental breakdowns.

Oh...and work on recruiting in your area (with any current shows or once you are settled)!! You have some hosts to pass on I bet!!

Consider requesting a sales waiver if you get close to becoming inactive while moving and getting established in your new area

With everyone you have to contact in Indianapolis area tell them you sell Pampered Chef and ask them if they would like to have a show and don't forget to ask for names from them. This could be good practice. I know it's much easier said than done, but you have to start somewhere. The potato show would be a great one for this. You could offer a "free show". Congrats on the new job for you DH.

Congrats! I don't really have any advice yet - I'm getting ready to go through the same thing. I'll actually be living just south of you - maybe I'll see ya around! :)

Brandie,

Congrats & good luck! Both my recruiter & director have moved in the past couple of months, so it must be going around! They stayed pretty much in the same area though.

I noticed you said you were moving 2 hours away & your location says NE Indiana. What city do you live in now? I probably actually live pretty close to you now--of course, found that out a little late considering you're now moving farther away!

I live in Fort Wayne. For a while, anyhow! Where are you?

I'm in Fort Wayne too! What a small world!

What part of town do you live in??? I'm in the northeast side of town.

Me three!! I live in the Fort too!! I'm on the southwest side. :D

chef_leeanne said:
Me three!! I live in the Fort too!! I'm on the southwest side. :D

I didn't realize how many of us cheffers were from the Fort!

I grew up in Fort Wayne and I live just south now. My day job is in Fort Wayne so I'm there almost every day!

I didn't know there were so many of us either!

Brandie, I certainly hope you're planning to make a monthly trip to New Haven for our meetings. They just wouldn't be the same without you. Possibly shorter, but definitely not the same. I mean, I can't get Anne off track as well all by myself.BTW, congrats to hubby on the new job!

Is Denver near New Haven? If Anne is the director I'm thinking of, we drove up & roomed with her at conference last year. It really is a small world!

Brandie,
Congrats on hubbys new job. I can't imagine trying to move in 3 weeks!! It would take me 3 months to pack up my house if I was lucky!! I've been married almost 20 years & in the same house for over 12! Good luck! Now it's time to look for another "hoity toity" school, isn't it!!

pamperedgirl3 said:
I didn't realize how many of us cheffers were from the Fort!

I'm not in FW but my kids go to school there. (at least one still does but that's another subject!!)

pamperedgirl3 said:
Is Denver near New Haven? If Anne is the director I'm thinking of, we drove up & roomed with her at conference last year. It really is a small world!

Denver is about an hour and a half south, southwest of New Haven. Basically, I'm right off US 31, halfway between Indianapolis and South Bend.

Brandie,

Couldn't sleep.... so have you found a place yet?? Funny, how many of us there are in Ft Wayne. I think Brooke might be under Julie V, our friend Exec Dir here. Keep my posted, and I'll let you know how the game - tailgating goes.

Stephanie

Hi Brandie! Another INDIANA-ite here! Valparaiso....

My oldest son (26) live in Fishers and works in Indy. Fishers has a lot of up and coming areas, but watch the commute wherever you move! It may be 10 miles away and take 45 minutes to get there! My son goes in to work early when he can (he frequently starts at 6:30 or 7am and beats the traffic.

It's a GREAT city, though!! Check out the Elbow Room for a great "IU Burger" or "Purdue Burger", it's near the square and we always go when we visit him!

Last edited:
We are very familiar with Indy, and we have a lot of friends there. We are looking at the Carmel area for a house once we get ours sold. Y'all are going to love this: today I am painting my bathroom, replacing all the fixtures, and doing enough laundry to put a dent in the FW water supply. I have a painter coming Monday and Tuesday to do my DR, stairwell, laundry room, kitchen ceiling, and some touch-up work. New carpets are coming at the end of next week while I am in Cedar Point. Then, the dogs go to the kennel for the last week so that we can pack and get organized while the house has its first week on the market!

We've looked at a lot of apartment complexes online, but our search is narrowed considerably by our two dogs. We have about a dozen places to visit this weekend, and I am certain we'll be signing a lease Saturday. We'll see what happens! I'll keep everyone posted!

Wow! There sure are a lot of people in the Fort of Fun! I'm in Northwest Allen, really close to Leo. Anyone know anyone who needs a house--four bedrooms + a loft, 2.5 baths, privacy fenced backyard...

Wow, sounds like you have your plate full! Good luck with everything! I'll be moving just south of Indy (Mooresville) next month.

Janice--

My parents (and my husband's parents) went to Valpo! I know that area pretty well! Small world!

Brandie said:
Wow! There sure are a lot of people in the Fort of Fun! I'm in Northwest Allen, really close to Leo. Anyone know anyone who needs a house--four bedrooms + a loft, 2.5 baths, privacy fenced backyard...

I'll take it!!! Then I could leave Huntington behind!!! If we didn't live here then my son couldn't go to school here!! We currently have 4 bedrooms & 1 bath. I'd be in heaven if I had 2.5!!! And a fenced in yard! I'm swooning at the thought. lol

http://www.chefsuccess.com/showthread.php?t=21509

Brandie,

Here is a thread that has great advice. I have moved out of state back in Feb. this year. I had listed here a lot of stuff I myself have done and stuff others told me to do. Also, there are great tips from other cheffers too ;)

Good luck with your move and congradulations to your husband!

Congratulations on the job!! Enjoy the new city.

Thanks so much, all! We're going apartment hunting Saturday. I have never lived in an apartment, so chalk that up to one more new experience! It'll be different, if nothing else!

Hey, Bev--call me any time! The new paint and carpet should be finished by the end of next week! :D

Brandie said:
Hey, Bev--call me any time! The new paint and carpet should be finished by the end of next week! :D

I would love to have a house with new paint, carpet & bathroom fixtures!
But I have a feeling it would be out of our price range. We live in a fixer
upper. The problem with that is that my husband fixes other peoples houses for a living which means that everything in our house needs fixed!! We started adding on in 2000 & it's not done yet!!

Bev - I grew up in Huntington, graduated from HNHS and still work very part time there!

Small world! :)

jwpamp said:
Hi Brandie! Another INDIANA-ite here! Valparaiso....

My oldest son (26) live in Fishers and works in Indy. Fishers has a lot of up and coming areas, but watch the commute wherever you move! It may be 10 miles away and take 45 minutes to get there! My son goes in to work early when he can (he frequently starts at 6:30 or 7am and beats the traffic.

It's a GREAT city, though!! Check out the Elbow Room for a great "IU Burger" or "Purdue Burger", it's near the square and we always go when we visit him!
Hoosier Daddy?

1. What factors should I consider when preparing for a move in 3 weeks?

Some important factors to consider when preparing for a move in a short amount of time include organizing your belongings, finding temporary housing, and arranging for the transportation of your belongings.

2. How can I efficiently sell my current house in such a short timeframe?

To sell your house quickly, you may want to consider hiring a real estate agent, setting a competitive price, and staging your home to make it more attractive to potential buyers.

3. How can I find an interim apartment in a new city?

You can search for interim apartments through online rental listings, local real estate agencies, or through connections in the new city. It may also be helpful to visit the new city in person to view potential apartments.

4. What should I look for in a new house?

When searching for a new house, consider factors such as location, size, amenities, and price. It may also be helpful to visit the neighborhood and research the community to get a better sense of the area.

5. Any advice for managing a sudden move?

Some tips for managing a sudden move include creating a timeline and to-do list, enlisting the help of friends and family, and staying organized throughout the process. It may also be helpful to take breaks and prioritize self-care during this stressful time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PampChefJoy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • pchefinski