• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Double Charged a Customer by Mistake? Here's What Happened and How to Fix It!

In summary, the speaker received a call from a past guest who was double charged for their order and another random amount due to a mistake on the speaker's part. The speaker contacted HO to have the situation resolved and is feeling remorseful and worried about how to make it up to the customer. Other speakers suggest offering a gift certificate, discount, or small gift as compensation. The speaker also shares a similar experience of a delayed payment from a customer. The speaker plans to contact both customers and let them know about the mistake and the steps being taken to correct it.
heat123
Silver Member
I just got a call from a past guest (outside order) from a show transmitted on 11/6/07... she told me she was double charged for her order plus another random amount. I check it and sure enough I some how entered her card # and the other guest name on the other order!:eek: Never have I done anything like this before! I called HO and they put a notice into Finance to take care of a reversal charge and charge the correct card holder on wednesday the 26th!:yuck: I feel soo bad(sick to my stomach actually) ! What should I give this customer for my horrible mistake?? :(

Anything like this ever happen to you?:eek:

Last edited:
that stinks but we're only human! i would definitely offer her something, especially since it's the holidays and a lot of people count on their credit cards. what about a gift certificate? or 40% off a piece of stoneware in january? maybe a heart dish?

This has never happened to me...but we all make mistakes, and hopefully she'll be understanding.

I'd definitely do something nice for her...like a collection of spices...?
...or a cookbook or stone of her choice...?

I would make sure to contact the person who didn't get charged and make sure they know that they are getting charged the day after Christmas. A lot of people are hurting (financially) this time of year and hopefully she has noticed that it hasn't been charged yet, but you never know.

I paid someone in October for some gymnastics supplies and she just deposited the check last week! I had the $$ to cover it, but was still caught off guard and a little irritated about it taking so long to be deposited, and with no warning.

pamperedposey said:
I would make sure to contact the person who didn't get charged and make sure they know that they are getting charged the day after Christmas. A lot of people are hurting (financially) this time of year and hopefully she has noticed that it hasn't been charged yet, but you never know.

I paid someone in October for some gymnastics supplies and she just deposited the check last week! I had the $$ to cover it, but was still caught off guard and a little irritated about it taking so long to be deposited, and with no warning.
Oh crap, I didn't even think about that!:yuck: Now I am sick with worry until I can talk to someone in finance to verify if the original credit card goes through or not? Should I contact them before wed? What should I tell the person???:cry:

I'm so sorry to hear that, Heather! what a bummer. Well, there's nothing you can do until Wednesday anyway. I suppose it couldn't hurt to give the other person a call as a heads up and you'll let her know for sure how it'll all play out once you talk to the finance department. I agree with the others who have said this....maybe offer each of them a little something.

heat123 said:
Oh crap, I didn't even think about that!:yuck: Now I am sick with worry until I can talk to someone in finance to verify if the original credit card goes through or not? Should I contact them before wed? What should I tell the person???:cry:

I would contact them both & let them know what happened. Let them know that you are working with HO to correct the situation. I'm not sure I would offer them anything up front. It was an honest mistake and it will get fixed. If they want something then I would offer something small.

1. What should I do if I make a huge mistake while cooking?

If you accidentally make a mistake while cooking, the first thing to do is to stay calm. Take a deep breath and assess the situation. You can try to fix the mistake by adjusting the temperature, adding more ingredients, or using different cooking techniques. If the mistake cannot be fixed, don't panic. You can always start over or find a creative solution.

2. Will my dish still turn out okay if I make a huge mistake?

It depends on the type of mistake and the dish you are making. Some mistakes may not have a big impact on the final result, while others can completely ruin the dish. However, don't be discouraged. Even if your dish doesn't turn out perfectly, it can still be delicious. And remember, mistakes are a part of learning and improving your cooking skills.

3. How can I prevent making a huge mistake while cooking?

The best way to prevent making a mistake while cooking is to be prepared. Read the recipe thoroughly before starting and make sure you have all the necessary ingredients and equipment. Follow the instructions carefully and pay attention to details. You can also watch cooking tutorials or take cooking classes to improve your skills and confidence in the kitchen.

4. What if my mistake is in the middle of cooking?

If you realize you made a mistake in the middle of cooking, stop and assess the situation. Can the mistake be fixed? If yes, follow the steps mentioned in the first question. If not, you may need to start over or find a creative solution. Don't be afraid to ask for help or advice from more experienced cooks.

5. Can a mistake in measurements or ingredients be fixed?

Yes, most mistakes in measurements or ingredients can be fixed. For example, if you added too much salt, you can balance it out by adding a bit more of the other ingredients. If you used the wrong ingredient, you can try to substitute it with something similar. However, it's always best to double-check the recipe and measure ingredients accurately to avoid mistakes in the first place.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chefstover2
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
mgoodson
  • kaseydee
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Christ Follower
  • dwyerkim