• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for the Old Summer Berry Salad Recipe?

In summary, the recipe for the Summer Berry Salad is in the SS 05 Seasons Best cookbook. The recipe has shredded romaine lettuce, cucumbers, strawberries, carrots, and toasted pecans. People always rave about it when they make it, and it is a great demo with lots of gadgets used.
janezapchef
Gold Member
Hi, I cannot locate my S/S 2005 SB, which is where I'm pretty sure this recipe can be found... I need the OLD version of the Summer Berry Salad recipe, not the layered version. This old version had a wonderful, homemade dressing on it. THAT is really what I am looking for. This SB seems to always be the one I lose! If you have it and could either scan in that recipe or type it up, I'd be hugely appreciative!
Thanks,
Jane

The SS 05 Seasons Best has a Summer Cobb Salad in it. Is that what you are looking for?The dressing recipe in there is:1 orange, zest to measure 1 tsp, juice to measure 1/3 cup
1/4 cup honey
1 1/2 Tbsp vegetable oil
2 Tbsp rice vinegar or white wine vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepperCombine and whisk.

Yes! That's the one!! Thank you so much! I remember it having strawberries, blueberries, cucumbers and carrots on lettuce. What else am I missing? Thanks!!

This dressing is amazing, btw, if you haven't tried it.

janezapchef said:
Yes! That's the one!! Thank you so much! I remember it having strawberries, blueberries, cucumbers and carrots on lettuce. What else am I missing? Thanks!!

The salad part is:

2 (10 oz) pkgs torn romaine lettuce (16 cups)
1/2 medium cucumber, seeded and thinly sliced
1 1/2 cups strawberries, sliced
1 large carrot, peeled and julienned (1/2 cup)
1/2 cup toasted pecan halves, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup thin sliced red onion
1/4 cup coarsely grated radishes
1 cup blueberries

I don't usually even look at "Cobb salad" recipes but this does sound yummy! Thanks for asking!!

Thank you so much!! It really is fantastic! Sometimes, I add chicken to make it more filling. People ALWAYS rave about it when I make it, and it actually is a pretty great demo... lots of gadgets used. Thanks again!

janezapchef said:
Thank you so much!! It really is fantastic! Sometimes, I add chicken to make it more filling. People ALWAYS rave about it when I make it, and it actually is a pretty great demo... lots of gadgets used. Thanks again!

Yes. I can see that it would be a great demo especially with adding the chicken made in the DCB or RCB. Thanks for asking about this recipe! :love:

1. What ingredients do I need for the Old Summer Berry Salad Recipe?

The Old Summer Berry Salad Recipe calls for mixed greens, fresh strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, crumbled feta cheese, and a balsamic vinaigrette dressing.

2. Can I substitute the feta cheese with a different type of cheese?

Yes, you can substitute the feta cheese with goat cheese, gorgonzola, or any other type of cheese that pairs well with berries.

3. How do I make the balsamic vinaigrette dressing for this salad?

To make the balsamic vinaigrette dressing, you will need balsamic vinegar, olive oil, Dijon mustard, honey, salt, and pepper. Whisk all the ingredients together in a bowl until well combined.

4. Can I make this salad ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the ingredients for this salad ahead of time and store them separately in the fridge. Assemble the salad and add the dressing right before serving to prevent the greens from wilting.

5. Is this salad suitable for any dietary restrictions?

The Old Summer Berry Salad Recipe can easily be made gluten-free by using a gluten-free balsamic vinegar and Dijon mustard. It can also be made dairy-free by omitting the feta cheese or using a dairy-free alternative. However, please note that the recipe does contain honey, so it is not suitable for vegan diets.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pctharper
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • cookingwithlove
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
janel kelly
  • masterschef