• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting a Chillzane Server: Is it Staying Cold?

In summary, the conversation was about a round server with a cover and an insert for vegetables, specifically the brand "chillzane." The person asking the questions had issues with the server staying cold, even after leaving it in the freezer for two days. The expert recommends making sure the server is completely frozen before use and keeping it sealed as much as possible to maintain its coldness. They also mentioned that the old style of the server had a removable platter while the current style has a permanently attached cooling element. The expert suggests investing in a new server if these tips do not improve the server's ability to stay cold.
reesefamily5
I have someone who was asking some questions about her chillzane server. I have never seen this one before so I think it's the old style. It's round with a cover, and she said it has an insert for veg.

The question is, has anyone heard of any problems with these staying cold? She had it in her freezer for 2 days. She took it out at 7:30 am. and I felt it at 8:45 am. and it was warm already.

With the old style did you put the whole platter in the freezer or was there inserts like the current style?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

I have the older model and I've found that it doesn't work nearly as well as the current model. The old one has a gel-filled base, domed lid, divider insert, and a handle (optional, iirc). The only part with the gel is the base. I keep mine in our big freezer - base, lid, and insert. Having everything cold helps a smidge, but it still doesn't stay as cold as the new one and it takes up a bunch of space.

I'm not familiar with the specific brand "chillzane," but I have used similar round servers with covers and inserts for veggies before. In my experience, these types of servers do tend to stay cold for a decent amount of time, but they do have their limitations. Firstly, it's important to make sure that the server is completely frozen before using it. This means leaving it in the freezer for at least 24 hours before you plan on using it. If it's not frozen all the way through, it won't stay cold for very long.Secondly, it's important to keep the server closed and sealed as much as possible. Opening and closing the server frequently will let warm air in and decrease its ability to stay cold.As for the specific question about the old style versus the current style, I can't say for sure without seeing the server in question. However, in my experience, the old style usually had a removable platter that you could put in the freezer, while the current style has a permanently attached cooling element that you can put in the freezer.Overall, I would recommend trying to keep the server in the freezer for longer before using it, and making sure to keep it sealed as much as possible. If it still doesn't stay cold for very long, it may be time to invest in a new server.

1. How long should I pre-chill the Chillzane server before use?

The Chillzane server should be pre-chilled for at least 2-3 hours in the refrigerator before use. This will ensure that it stays cold for the duration of your event.

2. What should I do if the Chillzane server is not staying cold?

If the Chillzane server is not staying cold, first make sure that it was pre-chilled for the recommended time. If it still does not stay cold, try placing it in a cooler with ice packs to help maintain the temperature.

3. Can I leave the Chillzane server out at room temperature?

No, the Chillzane server is meant to be kept cold and should not be left out at room temperature. It is important to keep perishable foods at a safe and consistent temperature to prevent foodborne illnesses.

4. How do I clean the Chillzane server?

The Chillzane server should be hand washed with warm, soapy water. Do not use abrasive cleaners or scrubbers as they can damage the server. Make sure to dry it thoroughly before storing.

5. Can I use the Chillzane server for hot foods?

No, the Chillzane server is not designed for hot foods and should only be used for cold items. It is also not microwave or oven safe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJen2012
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • momoftwins
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
valleygirl2
  • Bexs50