• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Old style Chillzane

reesefamily5

Mar 27, 2005
I have someone who was asking some questions about her chillzane server. I have never seen this one before so I think it's the old style. It's round with a cover, and she said it has an insert for veg.

The question is, has anyone heard of any problems with these staying cold? She had it in her freezer for 2 days. She took it out at 7:30 am. and I felt it at 8:45 am. and it was warm already.

With the old style did you put the whole platter in the freezer or was there inserts like the current style?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

agw

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2005
I have the older model and I've found that it doesn't work nearly as well as the current model. The old one has a gel-filled base, domed lid, divider insert, and a handle (optional, iirc). The only part with the gel is the base. I keep mine in our big freezer - base, lid, and insert. Having everything cold helps a smidge, but it still doesn't stay as cold as the new one and it takes up a bunch of space.