• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did Old Self Sharpening Knives Come with a Lifetime Warranty?

In summary, to properly sharpen your old self sharpening knife, you can use a honing steel or a sharpening stone and slide the knife along at a 20 degree angle until desired sharpness is achieved. It is recommended to sharpen every 6-12 months and regularly check the sharpness. Even if the sharpening mechanism is not working, the knife can still be used by manually sharpening it. It may be time to replace the knife if the blade is visibly damaged or over 5 years old. It is not recommended to use the old self sharpening knife to sharpen other types of knives.
heat123
Silver Member
I have a freind who use to sell PC, her old style self sharpener knife broke... did those come with a life time warrenty or no? I don't recall now? Thanks!

I would just about bet money that they did. I am almost sure of it.

heat123 said:
I have a freind who use to sell PC, her old style self sharpener knife broke... did those come with a life time warrenty or no? I don't recall now? Thanks!

Yes, the older version did.

OH SWEET, thanks!

Yes, they did.(You can find info, including guarantees, in the Products.zip file in the files.)

chefann said:
Yes, they did.

(You can find info, including guarantees, in the Products.zip file in the files.)

Thanks Ann, I did not know we had a product zip file here. :thumbup::rolleyes:

They did ... but depending on when you bought it ... not necessarily. I tried to return mine when I first signed up and they could find no record of it. They said that 5 years ago or so, they only had 5 years. Mine was a white case.

Call H/O and see what they find. A friend of mine had the one in the white case too. I called customer service and gave them the Host's name and the customer name. Within a week, she had a new knife and didn't have to send back the old one either.

Great when things work the way you wanted them to!

1. How do I properly sharpen my old self sharpening knife?

To sharpen your old self sharpening knife, you can use a honing steel or a sharpening stone. Hold the knife at a 20 degree angle and slide it along the steel or stone in a smooth motion. Repeat on both sides of the blade until the desired sharpness is achieved.

2. How often do I need to sharpen my old self sharpening knife?

It is recommended to sharpen your old self sharpening knife every 6-12 months, depending on frequency of use. It is important to regularly check the sharpness of the blade and sharpen as needed to maintain optimal cutting performance.

3. Can I still use my old self sharpening knife if the sharpening mechanism is not working?

Yes, you can still use your old self sharpening knife even if the sharpening mechanism is not working. However, it is important to regularly sharpen the blade using a honing steel or sharpening stone to maintain its sharpness.

4. How do I know when it's time to replace my old self sharpening knife?

You may need to replace your old self sharpening knife if the blade is visibly damaged or does not hold a sharp edge even after sharpening. It is also recommended to replace the knife if it is over 5 years old, as the sharpening mechanism may no longer be effective.

5. Can I sharpen other types of knives with my old self sharpening knife?

No, it is not recommended to use your old self sharpening knife to sharpen other types of knives. The sharpening mechanism is designed specifically for the blade of the old self sharpening knife and may not be suitable for other types of blades.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gailz2
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
gailz2
Replies
Views
kam
  • PChefPEI
  • Products and Tips
Replies