• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Old Recipe, Don't Know the Name

In summary, the consultant from 2000 or 2001 gave a recipe for a skillet dinner with ground beef and red bell peppers and corn muffin mixes with cheddar cheese on top. The recipe had 4 recipes on one page, 2 of which were those recipes. The page format looked different than the books we have for SB today, and if someone can tell me the name of it, I can do some searching for the recipe. I found it and it's Cajun Chili Cornbread Skillet.
babywings76
Gold Member
In 2000 or 2001 I went to my first PC party. The consultant made 2 recipes, one was the Taffy Apple Pizza and the other was a skillet dinner. I think it had ground beef and red bell peppers and then it had corn muffin mixes with cheddar cheese on top and you would put it in the oven to finish baking. The consultant gave me a photocopy of a recipe page that listed 4 recipes on one page, 2 of which were those recipes. I can't find it (baby reorganized my stuff ;) ). I don't know if it was from a SB or not. The page format looked different than the books we have for SB today. If someone can tell me the name of it at least, then I can do some searching for the recipe. Anyone know what it might be?

I found it!!! :)

It's Cajun Chili Cornbread Skillet. Now I'm bummed though. I don't have a can of chili beans in sauce. I'll see what I can come up with as a substitute.

Sorry, I looked, but my season best only go back to 2003.

lol I'm watching a movie and took too long to post. Sorry you don't have any beans.

would this be it

Barbecue Beef Bundles
Submitted by RINI

Recipe:
3/4 pound lean (90%) ground beef
1 cup ketchup
2 teaspoons vinegar
3 tablespoons Pantry Barbecue Seasoning Mix
3 ounces cheddar cheese, grated, divided (3/4 cup)
1/2 cup green onions with tops, thinly sliced
1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
1 garlic clove, pressed
1 package (17.3 ounces) grand-size flaky or buttermilk biscuits (8 biscuits)
1 package (10.2 ounces) grand-size flaky or buttermilk biscuits (5 biscuits)

1. Cook ground beef in large (10-inch) skillet over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain and set aside.

2. Preheat oven to 350?F. In small bowl, combine ketchup, vinegar and Seasoning Mix; mix well and set aside.

3. Grate cheese. Slice green onions. Chop bell pepper. In a bowl, combine cooked beef, 1/2 cup of the cheese, green onions, bell pepper, garlic pressed with Garlic Press and half of the barbecue sauce; mix well.

4. Separate 12 biscuits and place on cutting board. (Discard remaining biscuit or set aside for another use.) Using a roller, roll each biscuit into a 5-inch disk, flouring dough as needed. Using a large scoop, divide beef mixture evenly onto center of each biscuit.

5. Gather up edges of dough over filling, pinching lightly to seal. Place biscuits, seam side down, into muffin pan. Do not press down into cup. Using serrated bread knife, cut through top of each bundle, making a crisscross pattern.

6. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven; sprinkle remaining cheese evenly over bundles. Remove from pan to cooling rack. Serve with remaining barbecue sauce.

Yield: 12 servings or 24 sample servings

Nutrients per serving (1 bundle): Calories 320, Total Fat 14 g, Saturated Fat 5 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Carbohydrate 36 g, Protein 12 g, Sodium 1090 mg, Fiber less than 1 g

I just used kidney beans, added a little tomato sauce and garlic powder and chili powder. Also, I don't know if non PC Cajun seasoning is as strong or same in its ingredients, so I wonder how it'll taste. It's in the oven now. We'll see how it turns out. My husband just rolls his eyes at me. It'll be 7:45 before we get to eat. I don't know why I don't just get these things figured out earlier.

You, know there are plenty of times I am flying by the seat of my pants for dinner, too. That is when take out or go out comes in handy. Actually I have tried to plan ahead this week, so we'll see how it goes through Wednesday!

Hi there! It sounds like the recipe you are describing is the Southwestern Skillet Dinner. It includes ground beef, red bell peppers, corn muffin mix, and cheddar cheese. I'm sorry to hear that you can't find the photocopy of the recipe page. If you'd like, I can send you a digital copy of the recipe so you can have it on hand. Just let me know and I'll be happy to help!

What is an "Old Recipe, Don't Know the Name"?

"Old Recipe, Don't Know the Name" is a phrase used to describe a recipe that has been passed down through generations or found in old cookbooks. These recipes often don't have a specific name or may have been forgotten over time, but are still cherished and enjoyed by many.

Are "Old Recipe, Don't Know the Name" recipes still relevant today?

Absolutely! Many of these recipes have stood the test of time and are still loved and used by people today. They often have a nostalgic or sentimental value and can bring back memories of loved ones or special occasions.

How can I find out the name of an "Old Recipe, Don't Know the Name" dish?

If you have a specific recipe in mind, you can try searching for similar recipes online using the ingredients or main flavors. You can also try asking family members or friends if they know the name of the dish. Alternatively, you can give it your own unique name or simply refer to it as "Grandma's famous casserole" or something similar.

Can I use modern kitchen equipment for "Old Recipe, Don't Know the Name" dishes?

Yes, you can definitely use modern equipment for these recipes. In fact, many of them have been adapted over time to be made easier with the use of kitchen gadgets and appliances. However, if you prefer a more traditional approach, you can always use the methods and tools that were originally used for the recipe.

Where can I find "Old Recipe, Don't Know the Name" dishes?

These recipes can be found in various places such as old cookbooks, family recipe collections, and online recipe databases. You can also ask friends or family members for their favorite "Old Recipe, Don't Know the Name" dishes and try them out for yourself. Pampered Chef also offers a variety of cookbooks with traditional and modernized versions of classic recipes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• c00p
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
c00p
  • kdangel518
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • pamperedlinda