• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Old Pampered Chef Product..don't Know How to Use. Help Please!

.The Stoneware Baking Bowl was designed to be used with the Deep Dish Baker as a cover or as a standalone bowl with the use of the DDB as the bottom. You can use it for casseroles or soups in the oven or in the microwave. It's also good for baked beans. The new DCB is great but sometimes it is not quite big enough.
ericadboone
Gold Member
I am new to pc and just had my first +$1000 show! Woooo Hoooo! My mother in law has a pc product from way back (she says 15-20 yrs ago) that they no longer have. It is stoneware and is bowl shaped. It's pretty big and has 2 small handles. Anyway....she has no clue what to do with it, so it has been collecting dust. Does anyone know what it is called or know of any uses/recipes for it. Help would be appreciated! She bought a DCB at my party today...but I'd like to give her some uses for an old pc product that she's had for years!

Thanks,
Erica

I'm not sure what it is....could you take a picture of it and post it??

Sounds like the Stoneware Baking Bowl. It was designed to be used alone or in conjunction with the Deep Dish Baker. You could use it either as a bowl with the Deep Dish Baker as a cover or switch them and use the DDB as the bottom and bowl for the lid. I use my two pieces for ham - keeps it very moist. I use the bowl for the lid. You can use it for casseroles, soups, stews in the oven. It makes a great bread warmer, too. Just heat it up in the oven and fill with rolls to keep em' warm. You can also chill it and serve cold salad in it :) The new DCB is awesome but sometimes just not quite big enough. HTH

I bet the molten lava cake would go awesome in that! ha.
I actually had a show a few weeks back where the host had one of those bowls. I had never seen one in my life and I've done PC as a host at least for quite a while.

jbdowd0798 said:
I'm not sure what it is....could you take a picture of it and post it??

Thanks, Very helpful info. I just attached an image, hope it worked.

ericadboone said:
Thanks, Very helpful info. I just attached an image, hope it worked.

Uh not quite.

guess my pic didn't post, i'll try when i'm at home on my own computer. thanks for the info though very helpful. think i just sold a deep dish baker now! she bought the DCB today, but i'm glad to give her a use for an old product that she didn't know what to do with.

You can also use that item to make a bread bowl for serving salad. Turn the bowl over so that it's rounded side up, brush it with some oil, and stretch dough (like pizza crust) over the outside of the bowl. Bake as directed for crust. The baking bowl in conjunction with the DDB was the old-school equivalent to the DCB. The pairing can be used with either piece on the bottom and the other as a lid. Using the bowl as the primary vessel, you can make stew or chili in the oven. Flip it over, and it's a great clay roaster. But they won't fit in the microwave together, not to mention that they weigh a ton, so the DCB is much more practical for most people.

it's also good for baked beans! my DH can't stop stirring beans and tears them to pieces, so I always put the beans in Stoneware bowl and bake them in the oven, so he won't stir them every time he walks by :D

1. What is the best way to clean my stoneware baking pan?

To clean your stoneware baking pan, use hot water and a stiff brush or scraper to remove any food residue. Avoid using soap or harsh chemicals, as they can damage the stoneware. If needed, you can also use a paste made of baking soda and water to gently scrub the surface. Rinse well and allow the pan to air dry completely before storing.

2. How do I use the adjustable measuring spoons?

To use the adjustable measuring spoons, simply slide the measuring spoon to the desired measurement and lock it in place by pressing the button on the handle. Then, scoop your ingredient and level off the excess with a straight edge. To release the excess, simply press the button again and the spoon will reset to its original position.

3. Can I use my garlic press for other types of food?

Yes, you can use your garlic press for other types of food such as ginger, shallots, and even citrus fruits like lemons and limes. Just make sure to remove the skin and any seeds before pressing. This can also be a great way to add extra flavor to your dishes without having to mince or chop ingredients.

4. What is the best way to sharpen my knife?

The best way to sharpen your knife is by using a knife sharpener or honing steel. Hold the sharpener or steel firmly and run the blade of the knife at a 20-degree angle along the length of the sharpener or steel, starting at the base of the blade and moving towards the tip. Repeat on the other side of the blade. For best results, sharpen your knife before each use.

5. Can I use my microwave rice cooker for other types of grains?

Yes, you can use your microwave rice cooker for other types of grains such as quinoa, couscous, and even pasta. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time and liquid ratio according to the specific grain you are using. You can also add in your desired seasonings and toppings before cooking for added flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Christ Follower
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Colleen Burlet
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • kcmckay