• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

OLD pc product..don't know how to use. help please!

ericadboone

Novice Member
Gold Member
Mar 8, 2010
I am new to pc and just had my first +$1000 show! Woooo Hoooo! My mother in law has a pc product from way back (she says 15-20 yrs ago) that they no longer have. It is stoneware and is bowl shaped. It's pretty big and has 2 small handles. Anyway....she has no clue what to do with it, so it has been collecting dust. Does anyone know what it is called or know of any uses/recipes for it. Help would be appreciated! She bought a DCB at my party today...but I'd like to give her some uses for an old pc product that she's had for years!

Thanks,
Erica

jbdowd0798

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Jan 20, 2008
I'm not sure what it is....could you take a picture of it and post it??

cochef

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Jul 8, 2007
Sounds like the Stoneware Baking Bowl. It was designed to be used alone or in conjunction with the Deep Dish Baker. You could use it either as a bowl with the Deep Dish Baker as a cover or switch them and use the DDB as the bottom and bowl for the lid. I use my two pieces for ham - keeps it very moist. I use the bowl for the lid. You can use it for casseroles, soups, stews in the oven. It makes a great bread warmer, too. Just heat it up in the oven and fill with rolls to keep em' warm. You can also chill it and serve cold salad in it :) The new DCB is awesome but sometimes just not quite big enough. HTH

clshirk

Apr 16, 2007
I bet the molten lava cake would go awesome in that! ha.
I actually had a show a few weeks back where the host had one of those bowls. I had never seen one in my life and I've done PC as a host at least for quite a while.

ericadboone

Novice Member
Gold Member
Mar 8, 2010
I'm not sure what it is....could you take a picture of it and post it??

Thanks, Very helpful info. I just attached an image, hope it worked.

ericadboone

Novice Member
Gold Member
Mar 8, 2010
guess my pic didn't post, i'll try when i'm at home on my own computer. thanks for the info though very helpful. think i just sold a deep dish baker now! she bought the DCB today, but i'm glad to give her a use for an old product that she didn't know what to do with.

chefann

Legend Member
Gold Member
Nov 4, 2005
You can also use that item to make a bread bowl for serving salad. Turn the bowl over so that it's rounded side up, brush it with some oil, and stretch dough (like pizza crust) over the outside of the bowl. Bake as directed for crust.

The baking bowl in conjunction with the DDB was the old-school equivalent to the DCB. The pairing can be used with either piece on the bottom and the other as a lid. Using the bowl as the primary vessel, you can make stew or chili in the oven. Flip it over, and it's a great clay roaster. But they won't fit in the microwave together, not to mention that they weigh a ton, so the DCB is much more practical for most people.

pampcheflisa

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Jan 11, 2008
it's also good for baked beans! my DH can't stop stirring beans and tears them to pieces, so I always put the beans in Stoneware bowl and bake them in the oven, so he won't stir them every time he walks by :D

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
DebPC
Replies
Views
Lilamyw3
Replies
Views