• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Old Order Forms Are Taking Over My Office!!!

In summary, Diane keeps her order forms until she does her out-of-the-box calls, after which she throws them away.
kimcooks4u
Gold Member
Does anyone know for sure that we can throw out our old order forms? These are used order forms from shows? I see no reason if I have everything in PP. But, I was once told to hang onto them for 7YEARS!!!like all tax papers just incase they IRS comes knocking! Really now can I toss 'em? I'm cleaning house (office) and I REALLY want to toss. PLEASE HELP!! thanks!

I keep mine for a couple months after each show just incase a problem arises like the customer questioning her order. I make sure I have gotten all the contact information off of each form though and record it in PP. At my last cluster meeting this questioned arised and all the directors said they toss theirs. My director has done over 800 shows! I can't imagine if she had to save all those order forms :eek:
I don't see why the IRS would need you to save your order forms. You have in your computer and PC has record of it as well. You don't give the IRS information on orders you have taken anyways, just your commission from PC. You get a w2 for that.

cumputer crashingI keep every sale order on paper as well then on the cpmputer just in case that my computer crsh and need to have the copy of the order

Thanks!! ;) Then toss them I will! Whistle while you work!! :p

Back up your info!
I keep every sale order on paper as well then on the cpmputer just in case that my computer crsh and need to have the copy of the order.

Back up, Back up, Back up!!!

I back up my data onto an external hard drive every day, sometimes more than once if I've entered a lot of info. My computer crashed when I first started and I lost about 22 shows.

Diane

P.S. I don't save my paperwork. Way too much space taken!

Yep, I back up as well. I have a sign hanging up that says " simplify, throw everything out" . My motto. lol. :D

I keep my order forms until I do my out of the box calls and then I toss. Just be careful when you toss about credit card info and personal info - there are some new laws out there regarding privacy, etc with businesses and the destruction of customer info. If you do not have a shredder you might want to invest in one.

Sharon

1. How can I organize my old order forms?

One way to organize your old order forms is by sorting them by date or customer. You could also use a filing system or digital storage to keep them organized and easily accessible.

2. Can I throw away old order forms?

While it's not necessary to keep every single old order form, it's important to hold on to them for at least a year for record-keeping and tax purposes. After that, you can shred and recycle them.

3. Is there a way to digitize old order forms?

Yes, there are various software and apps available that can help you digitize your old order forms. You can also scan them and save them as PDFs for easier storage and access.

4. What should I do with old order forms that have outdated information?

If the outdated information is no longer relevant or necessary, you can either shred them or update the information and file them accordingly.

5. How can I prevent old order forms from cluttering my office?

To prevent old order forms from taking over your office, you can digitize them, recycle the ones that are no longer needed, and create a system for organizing and storing them. Regularly decluttering and organizing your office space can also help.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• CathyBob
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Sherry Leigh
  • ivebeen4given
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • genburk