1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: OLD ORDER FORMS are taking over my office!!!

1. kimcooks4u

kimcooks4u Member Gold Member

Does anyone know for sure that we can throw out our old order forms? These are used order forms from shows? I see no reason if I have everything in PP. But, I was once told to hang onto them for 7YEARS!!!like all tax papers just incase they IRS comes knocking! Really now can I toss 'em? I'm cleaning house (office) and I REALLY want to toss. PLEASE HELP!! thanks!

Jan 22, 2006
  2. luvs2sellit

luvs2sellit Advanced Member

I keep mine for a couple months after each show just incase a problem arises like the customer questioning her order. I make sure I have gotten all the contact information off of each form though and record it in PP. At my last cluster meeting this questioned arised and all the directors said they toss theirs. My director has done over 800 shows! I can't imagine if she had to save all those order forms :eek:
    I don't see why the IRS would need you to save your order forms. You have in your computer and PC has record of it as well. You don't give the IRS information on orders you have taken anyways, just your commission from PC. You get a w2 for that.

Jan 22, 2006
  3. sweet

sweet Member

cumputer crashing

I keep every sale order on paper as well then on the cpmputer just in case that my computer crsh and need to have the copy of the order

Jan 22, 2006
  4. kimcooks4u

kimcooks4u Member Gold Member

Thanks!! ;) Then toss them I will! Whistle while you work!! :p

Jan 22, 2006
  5. dianevill

dianevill Senior Member Gold Member

Back up your info!

Back up, Back up, Back up!!!

I back up my data onto an external hard drive every day, sometimes more than once if I've entered a lot of info. My computer crashed when I first started and I lost about 22 shows.

Diane

P.S. I don't save my paperwork. Way too much space taken!

Jan 22, 2006
  6. luvs2sellit

luvs2sellit Advanced Member

Yep, I back up as well. I have a sign hanging up that says " simplify, throw everything out" . My motto. lol. :D

Jan 22, 2006
  7. swhitton

swhitton Novice Member

I keep my order forms until I do my out of the box calls and then I toss. Just be careful when you toss about credit card info and personal info - there are some new laws out there regarding privacy, etc with businesses and the destruction of customer info. If you do not have a shredder you might want to invest in one.

Sharon

Jan 23, 2006
Have something to add?