• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pampered Chef Logo Mystery: A Hen on eBay?

In summary, Doris Christopher's book, "The Pampered Chef: The Story of One of America's Most Beloved Companies," talks about how PC started with a logo of a hen on a chef's hat. The logo changed in 2000 to a more contemporary one, and many people commented that they could never understand why we had a hen sitting on a hat.
heat123
Silver Member
When did PC ever have a hen as part of it's logo? I was searching for a watch on ebay and came across this logo!:confused: Just wondering?

from the beginning until the year 2000 (I think) it was in an upside down chef hat

My Quick-stir pitcher has this logo! It was my first product ever... it's what started my business!

Funny, I guess I wasn't around PC in the older days to notice the hen!

The logo was almost an artichoke instead of a hen. Don't ask me why I remember that particular bit of trivia. My brain is packed full of worthless info.

There's a little story behind the hen in Doris' book - I'll see if I can find it...

The really sad thing is that I was a customer for years and never realized that the hen was sitting on a chef hat.

cathyskitchen said:
There's a little story behind the hen in Doris' book - I'll see if I can find it...

Where can I get a copy of Doris' book?

raebates said:
The really sad thing is that I was a customer for years and never realized that the hen was sitting on a chef hat.

By the time I became a consultant, the hen was gone and I never did know what it was. It wasn't until I joined CS that I learned it was a hen on a hat. Still don't get the hen part, but I don't get lots of stuff...

akggirl said:

It might still be available through Amazon. Otherwise, you can probably find a used copy on eBay or half.com.

Darn, I had it all typed up and then lost it!! :( I'll try again...

From "The Pampered Chef: The Story of One of America's Most Beloved Companies" by Doris Christopher

Chapter 2: Reentering the Workforce; Selecting a Name (pgs. 40-41)

Jay and I were visiting Harriet and Emory Nelson, good friends of Jay's parents, one evening. Emory had retired after a successful career in advertising and printing. The Nelsons had heard I was serious about starting a business. Emory asked, "You guys got a name for your company?"

"Not yet," I replied. "We haven't thought about it yet."

"Let me help you come up with one," he volunteered.

For the next few hours, we brainstormed and tossed around some names.

"What do you think of Doris's Kitchen?" someone suggested.

"Sounds good. How about the Coddled Cook?"

"Not bad," I said.

Somewhere in the conversation, I mentioned that I planned to pamper my customers, and from there, The Pampered Chef came up.

Throughout the conversation, Emory was doodling on a notepad. "Take a look at these logos," he said.

One was a chicken sitting on a chef's hat with the words "The Pampered Chef" appearing on the front. Another showed an artichoke with a banner over it with our name inscribed. A third logo was a hen and a chef's hat with a hand over it.

"Let's go with the first one," I said. And so we did.

For the next twenty years or so we used that logo on everything we produced. Every label and every catalog had that hat and hen. It wasn't until we celebrated our twentieth anniversary, in 2000, that we created a more contemporary logo and removed the hen. We felt that the chef's hat, sans hen, was more indicative of cooking. After the change, so many people commented that they could never understand why we had a hen sitting on a hat, as if it were squashing it!

akggirl said:

I got mine for $6 used at Amazon.com. It was in pretty much new condition.

1. What is the significance of the hen in the Pampered Chef logo mystery on eBay?

The hen in the Pampered Chef logo mystery on eBay represents the company's commitment to providing high-quality, reliable kitchen tools and cookware. The logo was inspired by the founder's childhood memories of her grandmother's kitchen, where a hen figurine sat on the windowsill.

2. How did the Pampered Chef logo mystery on eBay begin?

The Pampered Chef logo mystery on eBay started when a collector discovered a rare version of the Pampered Chef logo featuring a hen with a bow around its neck. This sparked a search for the origins of the logo and its significance to the company.

3. Is the Pampered Chef logo mystery on eBay a genuine mystery or a marketing ploy?

The Pampered Chef logo mystery on eBay is a genuine mystery that has captured the interest of collectors and fans of the company. While it has generated excitement and publicity for the brand, it was not created as a marketing ploy.

4. Are there any other rare versions of the Pampered Chef logo?

Yes, there are other rare versions of the Pampered Chef logo, including a version with a pig instead of a hen. These variations were used in the early days of the company and are highly sought after by collectors.

5. How can I get my hands on a rare version of the Pampered Chef logo?

The best way to acquire a rare version of the Pampered Chef logo is through online marketplaces like eBay or through collector's groups and forums. However, these items can be quite expensive and may require patience and persistence to find.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chef2you
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
chef2you
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • alidafrizzell
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies