• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are the Differences Between Old and New Choppers?

In summary, the main differences between the old and new choppers are the number of blades, lid design, capacity, base material, handle placement, cleaning method, and accessories.
pchefpatti13
Can anyone tell me what the differences are? I had a guest at a show last week ask me that. I have never seen the old chopper so I couldn't answer the question.

Thanks
Patti

There is a BIG difference between the old and the new! The old one is not as round,or as sleek looking. It has, a spring running up from the cup to the top of the plunger, has a plastic guard that fits onto the blades, that can be a real pain in the hinny to get on sometimes. The part that you push is a white disc about the size of a half dollar, and flat. So when you have a lot of chopping to do, or have a firmer item to chop, it can start hurting the palm of your hand. Where as the new choppers plunger has a rounded, what I tell my guests, a "hand friendly" push top.

My old one works just fine, but PC did a great job redesigning it to be more people friendly!

Lee Anne

The main difference between the old chopper and the new chopper is the design and functionality. Here are some specific differences:1. Blades: The old chopper has two stainless steel blades, while the new chopper has three stainless steel blades. This allows for more efficient and faster chopping.2. Lid: The lid of the old chopper is clear, while the new chopper has a solid, opaque lid. This allows for better visibility of the chopping process in the old chopper.3. Capacity: The old chopper has a capacity of 1.5 cups, while the new chopper has a larger capacity of 3 cups. This means you can chop more ingredients at once in the new chopper.4. Base: The base of the old chopper is made of plastic, while the new chopper has a sturdier metal base. This makes the new chopper more durable and long-lasting.5. Handle: The handle of the old chopper is small and placed on the side, while the new chopper has a larger handle that is placed on top. This allows for a better grip and easier use of the new chopper.6. Cleaning: The old chopper can be disassembled for easy cleaning, while the new chopper has a one-piece design that is easier to clean and maintain.7. Accessories: The new chopper comes with a scraper attachment that helps to scrape food off the sides while chopping, something that the old chopper does not have.Overall, the new chopper has improved design and functionality compared to the old chopper, making it more efficient and user-friendly.

What are the main differences between the Old Chopper and the New Chopper?

The main differences between the Old Chopper and the New Chopper are the design, features, and materials. The Old Chopper has a more traditional design with a single blade and handle, while the New Chopper has a modern design with multiple blades and a push-down handle. The New Chopper also has additional features such as a built-in cleaning tool and a measurement guide. The materials used in the New Chopper are also more durable and long-lasting compared to the Old Chopper.

Which chopper is better for chopping vegetables?

The New Chopper is better for chopping vegetables because of its multiple blades and push-down handle. This allows for a more efficient and even chopping of vegetables, resulting in a better texture and consistency. The built-in cleaning tool also makes it easier to clean after use, making it a more convenient option for everyday use.

Can the Old Chopper blades be replaced with the New Chopper blades?

No, the Old Chopper blades cannot be replaced with the New Chopper blades. The blades are specifically designed for each chopper and are not interchangeable. It is recommended to purchase the chopper with the desired blade type rather than attempting to switch them out.

What are the benefits of using the Old Chopper?

The Old Chopper is a great option for those who prefer a more traditional and simple design. It is also a more affordable option compared to the New Chopper. The single blade design is also ideal for chopping smaller amounts of ingredients or for those who prefer a finer chop.

Is the New Chopper dishwasher safe?

Yes, the New Chopper is dishwasher safe. The materials used in its construction are durable and can withstand the heat and pressure of a dishwasher. However, it is recommended to hand wash the chopper for a longer lifespan and to prevent any potential damage to the blades or other components.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mom4angela
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • ivykeep
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefcharity
  • scrappergirl7