1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Old Catalogs???

1. cooknjess

cooknjess Novice Member

What does everyone do with their old winter and fall catalog's?
    I learned the hard way that the prices had changed in the spring/summer.
    I hate to throw them all away they are so expensive.

Any Ideas???

Mar 19, 2009
  2. niclowther

niclowther Member Gold Member

I hear you. I was wondering the same thing. This is my first season change as well, and I have way too many catalogs left.

Mar 19, 2009
  3. akrebecca

akrebecca Rebecca M. Silver Member

What I have done is hand out the previous season's while working a booth. I (actually my daughter) slap a sticker on front that says "For Fall Catalogs-visit my online store at website Shop my outlet store for 40-50% off select retired products." I update the season of course. The stickers I use are the Avery 5160 address labels. I don't remember which tele-recording it was I got the idea from but I do remember thinking "THIS is a great idea!". I have catalogs from early 2008 that I am giving to my younger kids' teachers for arts & crafts. The preschool was more than happy to take them.

Mar 19, 2009
  4. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

They are great to give out at fair/vendor booths. There is a little poem that people have posted in the past on here--I print it off and put on 2x4 in labels and stick on the front cover.

Though the date on this catalog may be old
    Just look inside and you'll be sold.
    Many fine products you will see.
    Call me to learn how to get some free!
    If extra income is what you need
    I can help you to succeed.

Then I put my phone number, e-mail address and website info on there. They are also what I will leave behind at doctors offices and other places. That's also what I carry in my catalog tote to give to people for a little while when we are pretty new in the new season. I tell them to go to my website to see the new products and check the outlet. And if they think they can gather a few orders, I'll send them a new catalog with some order forms in the mail, or whatever.

Mar 20, 2009
  5. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

I use the poem that Amanda posted - right in the middle of the cover so that people can't miss it. And then I use those catalogs at fairs/vendor events. I've been to events where everyone wants a large catalog, but I KNOW that only a couple of them (if any) are serious about placing an order. With the old books, they walk away happy with a book, and I don't have to spend additional money on current books.

That's not to say that I order extra catalogs just to have old ones, but it's a rare season to end with single-digit counts of the old ones. Might as well use them instead of throwing them out.

Mar 20, 2009
  6. caraighan

caraighan Member Gold Member

I have done this as well and passed them out at booth that I set up at. However, did anyone notice how much the prices went up in the new catalog??!?!?!??

We talked about it at our last cluster meeting and my director said she didn't feel right about passing old catalogs out this time because of that! I haven't really compared, but she said that the prices have gone up on almost every page of the catalog! She said the some of the cookware went up $50!!! :eek:

Mar 20, 2009
  7. caraighan

caraighan Member Gold Member

I also thought about using the same sticker with the poem but adding another sticker that has the catalog expiration date and something about "product availability and prices subject to change"... or something like that! It doesn't sound exactly right when I type it out!!!

What do you think? I'm open to suggestion!!!

Mar 20, 2009
  8. Triciascucina

Triciascucina Member

I give them to any customer that wants to use them to circle the products they have. and use it to make a wish list for future items.

Mar 20, 2009
  9. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

Here is the label I use... It is a 2X4 label (10 per page).

Attached Files:

10. DessertDivaFL

DessertDivaFL Veteran Member Gold Member

I put them in the recycling bin. I had over bought and was so upset with myself that I wanted them out of my sight. Lesson learned!

Have something to add?