• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What to Do with Old Winter & Fall Catalogs?

In summary, individuals hand out their old winter and fall catalogs at booth events, print poems about products and put them on the front cover, and use the catalogs at other events.
cooknjess
What does everyone do with their old winter and fall catalog's?
I learned the hard way that the prices had changed in the spring/summer.
I hate to throw them all away they are so expensive.

Any Ideas???

I hear you. I was wondering the same thing. This is my first season change as well, and I have way too many catalogs left.

What I have done is hand out the previous season's while working a booth. I (actually my daughter) slap a sticker on front that says "For Fall Catalogs-visit my online store at website Shop my outlet store for 40-50% off select retired products." I update the season of course. The stickers I use are the Avery 5160 address labels. I don't remember which tele-recording it was I got the idea from but I do remember thinking "THIS is a great idea!". I have catalogs from early 2008 that I am giving to my younger kids' teachers for arts & crafts. The preschool was more than happy to take them.

They are great to give out at fair/vendor booths. There is a little poem that people have posted in the past on here--I print it off and put on 2x4 in labels and stick on the front cover.Though the date on this catalog may be old
Just look inside and you'll be sold.
Many fine products you will see.
Call me to learn how to get some free!
If extra income is what you need
I can help you to succeed.Then I put my phone number, e-mail address and website info on there. They are also what I will leave behind at doctors offices and other places. That's also what I carry in my catalog tote to give to people for a little while when we are pretty new in the new season. I tell them to go to my website to see the new products and check the outlet. And if they think they can gather a few orders, I'll send them a new catalog with some order forms in the mail, or whatever.

I use the poem that Amanda posted - right in the middle of the cover so that people can't miss it. And then I use those catalogs at fairs/vendor events. I've been to events where everyone wants a large catalog, but I KNOW that only a couple of them (if any) are serious about placing an order. With the old books, they walk away happy with a book, and I don't have to spend additional money on current books.That's not to say that I order extra catalogs just to have old ones, but it's a rare season to end with single-digit counts of the old ones. Might as well use them instead of throwing them out.

babywings76 said:
They are great to give out at fair/vendor booths. There is a little poem that people have posted in the past on here--I print it off and put on 2x4 in labels and stick on the front cover.

Though the date on this catalog may be old
Just look inside and you'll be sold.
Many fine products you will see.
Call me to learn how to get some free!
If extra income is what you need
I can help you to succeed.

Then I put my phone number, e-mail address and website info on there. They are also what I will leave behind at doctors offices and other places. That's also what I carry in my catalog tote to give to people for a little while when we are pretty new in the new season. I tell them to go to my website to see the new products and check the outlet. And if they think they can gather a few orders, I'll send them a new catalog with some order forms in the mail, or whatever.

I have done this as well and passed them out at booth that I set up at. However, did anyone notice how much the prices went up in the new catalog??!?!?!??

We talked about it at our last cluster meeting and my director said she didn't feel right about passing old catalogs out this time because of that! I haven't really compared, but she said that the prices have gone up on almost every page of the catalog! She said the some of the cookware went up $50!!! :eek:

I also thought about using the same sticker with the poem but adding another sticker that has the catalog expiration date and something about "product availability and prices subject to change"... or something like that! It doesn't sound exactly right when I type it out!!!

What do you think? I'm open to suggestion!!!

I give them to any customer that wants to use them to circle the products they have. and use it to make a wish list for future items.

Here is the label I use... It is a 2X4 label (10 per page).

Attachments

• Old Catalog Labels_sample.doc
    36 KB · Views: 1,006
I put them in the recycling bin. I had over bought and was so upset with myself that I wanted them out of my sight. Lesson learned!

1. What should I do with my old winter and fall catalogs?

There are a few options for what to do with your old winter and fall catalogs. You can recycle them, use them for crafts or DIY projects, or donate them to local schools or libraries for art projects.

2. Can I still use the products in my old catalogs?

Yes, you can still use the products in your old catalogs. Our products are designed to last and are not limited to a specific season. You can also find the current version of the product on our website if it has been updated.

3. Can I order products from old catalogs?

Unfortunately, we do not offer products from old catalogs. Our catalogs are only valid for the season they are released and we constantly update our product line to provide the best quality items for our customers.

4. Are there any special deals for ordering from old catalogs?

No, we do not offer any special deals for ordering from old catalogs. Our promotions and discounts are only applicable to our current catalog and website products.

5. Is there a way to view old catalogs online?

Yes, you can view past catalogs on our website under the "Catalogs" tab. This allows you to see the products that were available in previous seasons, but please note that these products are no longer available for purchase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • Kenzie09
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Kenzie09