• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Okie Fries Recipe | Easy to Make at Home - Pampered Chef

In summary, a guest requested the recipe for Okie Fries from a previous show, and although it doesn't seem to be a Pampered Chef recipe, someone did find a similar recipe online. The first recipe involves baking sliced potatoes with oil, cheese, bacon bits, and chives, while the other recipe involves parboiling and roasting potatoes in goose fat. Both recipes result in crispy and delicious fries that are sure to impress.
cdsparks04
Gold Member
I had a guest at my last show ask for a recipe called Okie Fries that she got from a previous show (about 5+ years ago). Does anyone have this recipe? It doesn't sound like a Pampered Chef recipe to me but thought I would ask!

Here is a recipe I found with a simple Google search:

Baked Okie Fries
3-4 medium baking potatoes
4 Tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 c shredded cheese
2 Tbsp bacon bits
1 Tbsp chives

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Preheat oven to 400°F. Wash potatoes and leave skin on. Slice potatoes into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
Place sliced potatoes, approximately 4 cups, in a ziplock bag. Add vegetable oil; shake to coat.
Line potato slices in single layer on jelly roll pan ( or cookie sheet with sides ). Do not overlap slices. Bake 40-45 minutes or until potatoes are browned and slightly crisp. Sprinkle with cheese, bacon bits and chives. Serve warm.

And here's another version of Okie Fries:

6 lbs medium potatoes
2 tablespoons semolina
2 cups goose fat*

*Goose fat is available on amazon.com, but Crisco is a good substitute.

Preheat the oven to the hottest possible temperature. I do this as soon as the turkey is out of the oven, which (for me) is very much later than the parboiling stage, but let's start with the oven since you may be cooking in different circumstances, or prefer different procedures.

Peel the potatoes, and cut each one into three by cutting off each end at a slant so that you are left with a wedge or triangle in the middle.

Put the potatoes into salted cold water in a saucepan, and bring to a boil, letting them cook for 4 minutes. Drain the potatoes into a colander and then tip back into the empty saucepan, sprinkling over the semolina. Shake the potatoes around to coat them well and, with the lid clamped on, give the pan a good rotation and the potatoes a proper bashing so that their edges disintegrate or fuzz and blur a little: this facilitates the crunch effect later.

Meanwhile, empty the goose fat into a large roasting pan and heat in the oven until seriously hot. (I often parboil the potatoes a few hours in advance, so the "meanwhile" doesn't always hold. And you can start heating up the fat in the oven that the turkey's in, turning it up to really hot once the bird comes out.) Then tip the semolina–coated potatoes carefully into the hot fat and roast in the oven for an hour or until they are darkly golden and crispy, turning them over halfway through cooking. If the oven's hot enough they probably won't need more than about 25 minutes a side; and it's better to let them sit in the oven (you can always pour off most of the fat and leave them in the pan) till the very last minute.

Boastfulness and vainglory are not attractive nor would I want to encourage them in you (or myself), but when you've cooked these and see them in all their golden glory on the table, I think you're allowed a quiet moment of silent pride.

Thanks!I'm not familiar with that recipe - but there is a recipe called 'Fiesta Fries' in the "All The Best" cookbook (page 72).Yield: 6 servingsPotatoes:1 lb. red-skinned potatoes, unpeeled and cut into wedges1 small onion, quartered2 cloves garlic, peeled1 Tbsp. olive oil1 Tbsp. Southwestern Seasoning Mix1/2 tsp. saltCooking spraySauce:1/2 cup mayonnaise2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard2 Tbsp. honey1 Tbsp. lime juice1/2 tsp. Southwestern Seasoning Mix1. Preheat oven to 425°F. For potatoes, place potatoes, onion and garlic in Classic Batter Bowl. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat.2. Sprinkle seasoning mix and salt over potato mixture; toss to coat. Spray bottom of Rectangular Baker with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange potatoes in single layer in baker.3. Bake 30-35 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown and tender. Meanwhile, for sauce, combine all ingredients in small bowl; mix well.4. Serve potatoes with sauce.Note: This recipe can be easily doubled to make 12 servings. Double all ingredients and bake in Deep Dish Baker.Nutrients per serving: Calories 240, Total Fat 15 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Carbohydrate 23 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 660 mg, Fiber 2 gCook's Tip: To microwave potatoes, place them in Classic Batter Bowl. Microwave on HIGH 8-10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.Southwestern Seasoning Mix1 Tbsp. chili powder1 tsp. garlic powder1 tsp. paprika1 tsp. salt1/2 tsp. ground cumin1/4 tsp. ground red pepper (cayenne)Combine ingredients and mix well.Yield: about 2 Tbsp.Nutrients per serving: Calories 10, Total Fat 0 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 2 g, Protein 0 g, Sodium 210 mg, Fiber 1 g

What are Okie Fries?

Okie Fries are a popular dish in Oklahoma that consists of thick-cut French fries topped with chili, melted cheese, and diced onions.

What ingredients do I need to make Okie Fries?

To make Okie Fries, you will need thick-cut French fries, chili, shredded cheddar cheese, and diced onions. You can also add other toppings such as jalapenos, bacon, or ranch dressing.

How do I make Okie Fries?

To make Okie Fries, start by baking or frying your French fries until they are crispy. Then, top them with warm chili and shredded cheddar cheese. Place them back in the oven or under the broiler until the cheese is melted. Finally, top with diced onions and any other desired toppings.

Are Okie Fries spicy?

The level of spiciness in Okie Fries depends on the chili used. If you prefer a milder dish, you can use a mild chili or omit the jalapenos. However, if you enjoy spicy food, you can use a spicy chili and add extra jalapenos.

Can I make Okie Fries ahead of time?

While Okie Fries are best served fresh, you can make them ahead of time by preparing the French fries and chili separately and then assembling the dish right before serving. This will prevent the fries from getting soggy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • emiscookin
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
emiscookin
  • alibene80