• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Needed: APampered ChefS Not Working - 25lbs of Apples to Peel!

In summary, the APCS is a great tool for peeling apples, but you may need to adjust the peeling blade.
PChefPEI
Silver Member
Okay, so I got an APCS (from our friend PamperedLaura), but I can't get it to work. Don't really have a pic....the catalog doesn't help me much. Printed off the product info from Consultant's Corner, but still no luck!!!!

Does anyone out there have a picture they can post so I can see what it looks like??? I have 25 lbs of apples I'd like to peel, which is why I got the APCS in the first place!! Didn't want to have to do them all by hand again this fall!

Thanks for your help!!! :)

What are you asking? Did it come assembled?

Assuming it's assembled, pull the handle all the way back. There is a lever to release it so you don't have to unthread the whole thing. Stick the bottom of your apple on the four (or is it three) prongs. There is a bar on the side (has the spring by it) with a horseshoe shaped blade at the end of the arm. Release that so when the apple goes past it, the peel is removed. Then turn the handle so the apple goes towards the peeler. It will push the core through the round hole, and spiral cut the apple.

If you just want to cut them, and leave the peel on, then leave the peeler blade away from the apple.

Clear as mud?

--Jenny L

Speaking of the APCS, do you really need the stand to it or can it be attatched to a wooden cutting board or wooden desk? My dds teacher wants to order 1 but she wants to use it in class and I want to make sure it can be attatched to a desk so the kids can peel apples this season. TIA sorry for the hijack!

Thanks Jenny....yes, clear as mud!!! I'm a little bit embarrassed, actually. As I was writing this message, my DFIL was downstairs playing with it and had it figured out!!! :eek: Now, I can peel my apples!! Thanks! :D

And, yes, you can attach to a desk/counter. I have a stand, but tried attaching to the counter to see if it would be more stable. Works like a charm! :)

PChefPEI said:
And, yes, you can attach to a desk/counter. I have a stand, but tried attaching to the counter to see if it would be more stable. Works like a charm! :)
Oh thanks for testing and letting me know, that helps! Now I won't be worried I didn't order the stand for her!:rolleyes:

Glad I could help! :)

My APCS takes too thick of a slice out of the apple when it peels, and I can not figure out how to adjust it. Any ideas?

You need to loosen the little screw that's on the underside of the peeling blade unit, and scootch the blade back (away from the apple).

Thanks Ann....I was having that problem too!

Thank you Ann, You are the BEST!!!! I think I will make apple crisp today!!!

mrssyvo said:
Thank you Ann, You are the BEST!!!! I think I will make apple crisp today!!!

Yummy!! What a great idea!!! :)

What is the best tool to use for peeling 25lbs of apples?

The Pampered Chef Vegetable Peeler is the recommended tool for peeling large quantities of apples. It has a sharp blade and ergonomic handle that makes peeling quick and easy.

Can the Pampered Chef Vegetable Peeler also core the apples?

No, the Pampered Chef Vegetable Peeler is not designed to core apples. However, the Pampered Chef Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer is a great tool for efficiently peeling, coring, and slicing apples.

How do I prevent the apples from turning brown while peeling?

To prevent apples from turning brown, you can soak them in a mixture of lemon juice and water before peeling. Another option is to use the Pampered Chef Fruit & Vegetable Keeper, which helps to keep produce fresh and crisp.

Is it necessary to peel the apples for the recipe I am making?

It depends on the recipe. Some recipes may call for peeled apples, while others may not. If you are unsure, it is best to peel the apples to ensure the desired texture and flavor in your dish.

How can I make the peeling process faster and more efficient?

One tip is to use a large bowl or pot to catch the peeled apples, making it easier to dispose of the peels and minimizing mess. You can also enlist the help of friends or family members to speed up the process. Additionally, using a sharp and efficient peeler, like the Pampered Chef Vegetable Peeler, can save time and effort.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
cactus_flower
  • smilesarepriceless
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • mike nike