1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Sales Okay I am looking to increase my sales by maybe going to fairs. Right

1. gilchrist_pchef

gilchrist_pchef Member

Okay I am looking to increase my sales by maybe going to fairs. Right now I sell around $3,200 a month just doing kitchen shows. I figured up what I need to go to disney and I should be selling $4,000 a month to make that happen. Anyway what do you do at a fair.... do you just get leads.... do you sell things by placing individual orders... or do you have popular items in stock for cash and carry??? I am confused and am not sure how everyone does this. I figure everyone does it different and I would like your input. Also what kind of "fairs" are you going to. Around here I don't know of any arts and crafts fairs, there is just pretty much flea markets for that kinda stuff. Any ideas would be great! Thanks!

2. Flamingo

Flamingo Advanced Member Gold Member

Re: Fairs????

craftlister.com

you put your zip code in and how many miles out you want to be and the list tons of stuff...

Good Luck

Jul 7, 2009
  3. etteluap70PC

etteluap70PC Legacy Member Gold Member

I would talk to your director. Does any of your upline do events? They are the best source for what is in your area. Also there is a whole subforum on fairs here with some great info.

Jul 7, 2009
  4. gilchrist_pchef

gilchrist_pchef Member

Thanks for that website it is awesome! As for talking to my director, she lives pretty far away and so does the rest of my upline.

5. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

regarding the website (craftlister)....I discovered last night that if you do a review on just one show (I did it as a past exhibitor, but it may work also if you attended the event as a consumer)- but it opens things up so you can see more than just one month in advance!!

And then to find the information about the fair- you can click on the "Google" link they usually provide. I found 3 or 4 possible ones last night by doing that.

The booths I've done - I've not sold much. I can't afford to have cash-n-carry to do that. I used it mainly to get leads. I think I've gotten maybe 1 order at each booth- less than $100 usually. If you can afford cash-n-carry, the items I get asked about alot are ice cream scoops, mini-spatulas, cookbooks, quick-cut knives, - others may be able to suggest other cash items. The problem with those are that you can't know what people will want....so you may be stuck with inventory.

Look through the threads in the Booth thread. "Things I've learned from doing a booth" is a good place to start, and also "where to find" them.

*maybe listen to some of the workshops/calls on ways to increase your show averages too? One such call is discussed in this thread. Good luck!

Jul 7, 2009
Have something to add?