• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ok Where Do We Get All the Do's and Don'ts of E-Bay?If We Can't Find

In summary, Ebay is a place where you can buy and sell items. You can't sell current products, but you can buy retired products. If you are purchasing PC items from Ebay (current items), you are supporting the people that are doing business that way.
schel
Ok where do we get all the do's and don'ts of E-Bay?
If we can't find it here and can't get into "Lets Make A Deal." then what are we supposed to do?
Schel

What do you need from Lets make a deal, I can see if I can find it for you since can't get into it???

Anyway, far as I know you can buy from ebay all you want just can't sell on it. HTH

I buy PC things on eBay a lot. It is my right to be able to purchase from whomever I choose. They can't tell you not to buy PC things from a garage sale, so how is eBay different? If I can't find it here I get it on eBay. I refuse to get things from LMAD and prefer eBay over that site!!

gilliandanielle said:
I buy PC things on eBay a lot. It is my right to be able to purchase from whomever I choose. They can't tell you not to buy PC things from a garage sale, so how is eBay different? If I can't find it here I get it on eBay. I refuse to get things from LMAD and prefer eBay over that site!!

Why do you refuse to get things from LMAD?

I buy shirts on ebay a lot. I just got a new t-shirt the other day for $4! I think the VIP prices are a bit high, and I love to find a deal;)

Ok, the flip side of this is that if you are purchasing PC items from Ebay (current items) than you are supporting the people that are doing business that way. Is it against the rules? No, but I don't want to support anyone in doing their business in an unethical way that eventually effects each of us. Just my two cents, but I would not purchase current products that way. Now when you are talking about discontinuted items and shirts and such, that is a different story.

schel said:
Ok where do we get all the do's and don'ts of E-Bay?
If we can't find it here and can't get into "Lets Make A Deal." then what are we supposed to do?
Schel
Its point #1 of the Consultant Agreement. It is what it is.

I will promote and sell Company products to customers by regularly holding Cooking Shows. I will not sell Company products on the Internet or in any public, retail or service establishments. I will not sell Company products for resale. I will present Company products in a truthful, sincere and honest manner, and I will conduct myself in a manner that reflects the highest standards of integrity and responsibility in keeping with the reputation of the Company.

ShanaSmith said:
Ok, the flip side of this is that if you are purchasing PC items from Ebay (current items) than you are supporting the people that are doing business that way. Is it against the rules? No, but I don't want to support anyone in doing their business in an unethical way that eventually effects each of us. Just my two cents, but I would not purchase current products that way. Now when you are talking about discontinuted items and shirts and such, that is a different story.

I feel the same way. I just don't want to support someone who doesn't follow the rules. Like my Dad always said, "To not punish is to reward." As far as discontinued items, I don't know how I feel. I don't really want anything discontinued because it doesn't help my business. That's just my opinion.

Last edited:
I do not buy current products but I have bought retired items. I do not see anything wrong with retired items at all nor do I have a problem with things like shirts, totes and things that promote my business. It is my money that I am having to fork over, and if I can get it cheaper off Ebay then I will b/c I want my operating expenses as low as possible ( I hope that does not come over in a "mean tone" in typing b/c I do not mean it to be).

I do not think current items show be allowed on there, and I would think since it is against company policy that Ebay should install a policy to prohibit it.

I check LMAD every day to see what is for sale and what consultants are looking for. However, I find that even though the rule says you can't charge catalog price and you are not suppose to make a profit, most things are not sold at consultant price. There was a big issue with the HWC plates/cups being sold for over host cost. A lot of people on that sight are taking advantage of other consultants....no everyone is like that, but there are a lot. That being said, I have bought several items and feel I made a good deal and the people were honest, but I watched for what I needed and refused to buy from people who were over charging.

Jennifer: You didn't sound mean at all! I would've told you!:p I know, I'm a smartie pants!

Shawnna: I feel the same way! Some people are just nuts. I have purchased a couple of old things from LMAD, since its a consultant-based community like this is. I have stood firm with what I'm willing to pay. One person quoted me double what I paid someone else and I flat out told her, "I've been paying between $5 and $8 for that and your price is out of my budget." She was Ok with it, offered me a lower price, but it was still too much. I found someone else more within what I was spending.

I tried to join lmad almost a year ago and am still waiting for approval. So I shop here and ebay, if I need it fast or can save on clothing.

All the guidelines you are looking for are in your recipe for succes manual in policies section.

bbauman07 - if you tried to join LMAD a year ago, try again - I'm guessing you got lost in the shuffle somewhere!

dannyzmom said:
Why do you refuse to get things from LMAD?

I posted my rant elsewhere in the trading post, but I don't like how this woman who runs it threatens to "kick out" anyone who doesn't obey HER rules. I understand there are rules, but it bothers me that she refers to them as "HER rules and HER site" not the site's rules. There were so many rules and stipulations that I was terrified to do something wrong and get kicked off. Also, when I got the 10th e-mail about not being allowed to be on "no mail" status I unsubscribed. Obviously the people that she is trying to communicate with are NOT GETTING MAIL, so why e-mail all the rest of us with these notices that you aren't allowed to be on no-mail!?? It is so much easier to get things off here or e-bay.

On the eBay subject, you are all assuming that these people are consultants or past consultants that are selling PC items. I have never or will never buy a current product off eBay for obvious reasons, but what about all our customers who upgrade their PC products, or don't even like them? For each consultant there are at least 50 customers buying our products, so why aren't they allowed to re-sell items they purchased full price? Maybe I just see the good in people, but I just think there is a higher likelyhood of it being a customer selling these items than a consultant. I never buy anything from anyone who has Pampered or Chef in their seller name because they might be selling something current, but give people a chance!!

(Officially stepping off my soapbox!)

Gillian: You make very good points. The only thing is a good amount of what I see on ebay is consultant-only items from conference, jewelry, whatever, even brand new products I can't seel to my customers yet. Now, I doubt the average person is selling that. And, I guess if its your incentive, you can do whatever you want with it, but I just don't agree with it. And there ARE consultants on there, ones that even have stores! I have seen in the listing "Spend X and get the quick stir..." Of course there are some people just cleaning out their closets.

And with LMAD I signed up, got approved and then quit becuase I got an email every 5 minutes. Then I signed up again to just get what they call the daily digest. I've only bought one thing so far, but its been ok. And the "owners" of some of these groups act like they own a friggan baseball team or something. Good Lord!

Anyone else? (Stepping down off of Gillian's soapbox)

Gillian: You make very good points. The only thing is a good amount of what I see on ebay is consultant-only items from conference, jewelry, whatever, even brand new products I can't seel to my customers yet. Now, I doubt the average person is selling that. And, I guess if its your incentive, you can do whatever you want with it, but I just don't agree with it. And there ARE consultants on there, ones that even have stores! I have seen in the listing "Spend X and get the quick stir..." Of course there are some people just cleaning out their closets.

And with LMAD I signed up, got approved and then quit becuase I got an email every 5 minutes. Then I signed up again to just get what they call the daily digest. I've only bought one thing so far, but its been ok. And the "owners" of some of these groups act like they own a friggan baseball team or something. Good Lord!

Anyone else? (Stepping down off of Gillian's soapbox)

And this is were I make everyone mad :(

I think we are hypocrites to bad mouth ebay sellers. Rule breakers or not. Why? LMAD and even us cheffers are "breaking the rules" also everytime we list a sale or request in the trading post. Discontinued or not :(

(Officially stepping off Gillian's soapbox also)
Which by the way is too cute Gillian

Oh, Brooke... I don't think anyone would get mad. And if they do, so what. I have been known to tee off a number of Cheffers.

I don't like Consultants who sell on ebay because it is not a level playing field. Imagine what our sales could be if we were! Its against the very principal of PC--direct selling. While it may be breaking the rules, I personally feel that if one consultant sells to another on LMAD I think its different.

bbauman07 said:
And this is were I make everyone mad :(

I think we are hypocrites to bad mouth ebay sellers. Rule breakers or not. Why? LMAD and even us cheffers are "breaking the rules" also everytime we list a sale or request in the trading post. Discontinued or not :(

(Officially stepping off Gillian's soapbox also)
Which by the way is too cute Gillian
Actually we are not breaking the rules. Susie Lite (one of the HO sales managers) specifically told me that we can sell to each other if we have something and another consultant needs it. She also said that we could sell products we own (especially discontinued) to whoever we want as long as the buyer knows that the warranty is not transferrable. We can not sell on venues like eBay though. And we can't sell for more than PC.

I totally understand that there are people on eBay breaking the rules, and possibly here or LMAD. I know that some people sell things early and ruin it for the rest of us. I just also know that not every single person selling PC items on eBay is a consultant. Sometimes you can tell by the seller's other items to see how many PC pieces they have. I can't believe that there are consultants with stores!! Doesn't PC police this at all?

P.S. Anyone is welcome on my soapbox at any time!!

Beth: You are always the voice of reason! Glad to know I'm OK with LMAD!!!

Gillian: I'm sure they aren't all consultants on ebay. I just despise the ones who are!;) I email them and I send the auction link to HO. A few of them have been shut down. There have been some threads about this before.

AJPratt said:
Gillian: I'm sure they aren't all consultants on ebay. I just despise the ones who are!;) I email them and I send the auction link to HO. A few of them have been shut down. There have been some threads about this before.

I'm quite surprised that consultants would be selling their products on ebay in a store no less! :mad: I posted a week or so ago about some products that were retired, or that I had gotten in a surprise box at conference. I had no clue as to what the products were worth, so I just offered prices, and if they were too high, I apologize in advance! :eek: To the ones I did sell things to, I'm sure they wouldn't have paid the prices if they were too high.

Anyway, interesting subject. I started a similar subject in another thread. It really is quite surprising the things you see on ebay....and most of them either sell for more than retail (which is kinda rare) but most things I see sell for less! Personally, I'd rather have a ligit customer and make my 20% at least, and know that they will have a warranty, instead of loosing money and the company's integrity by selling on ebay... Silly... :rolleyes:

hmolah said:
...instead of loosing money and the company's integrity by selling on ebay... Silly... :rolleyes:

THAT is what its about for me!

Beth,
Thanks for that info. I haven't ever found that info in the manual I always assumed that what we are doing here was breaking the same rule. I must be misinterperting that part of the policies.

Anne,
thanks. I can tend to be snippy at times even though I don't mean too. I agree that it shouldn't be done. I don't expect the problem to go away though.

It's funny how this subject seems to come up about once a month or so.

bbauman07 said:
It's funny how this subject seems to come up about once a month or so.

I guess its every now and then a newer member will bring it up.

there will always be consultants selling on ebay and there is nothing we can do about it. Yes it is against policy and yes PC does try to watch for it, but they can't spend all their time policing ebay. We can forward the info to HO, but I would guess for every one that PC shuts down, at least 3 more start. It is a never ending cycle.

Not everyone who sells on ebay is a consultant, but from seeing the content of their sales, I would guess that the majority who aren't consultants are working with a consultant...to get around the rule. It is obvious when they are selling items from the sample order before they are available to customers. And then you have those few arrogant ones who pretty much say "what are you going to do about it"...LOL

It is wrong because they are going against policy. But, I choose to not worry about it because in the end, they are only hurting themselves. They are risking their business...how embarrassing for people to hear PC revoked your "license to sell". People who don't follow the rules eventually get bitten. In the end, right always wins. And, for the record, as far as I know it is against all direct selling companies' policy to sell on ebay or other online auction sites...Home Interior, PC, Home and Garden Party, Homemade Gourmet, etc. So, it is not just PC consultants who are breaking the rules on ebay.

Shawnna: You're right! I have to wonder if anyone has been caught and what happened.

The main problem I have with anyone buying PC stuff e-bay is that they may be paying a little bit less of a price (but not always) they are not getting a warranty. I think that it is crazy to pay almost full price for something that could break in the mail on the way to your house. Then you are out of luck. My cousin has an e-bay store and came across a round stone 15" that she had listed for $22 plus S&H. I told her she was crazy b/c that is almost full price w/o the 3 yr. warranty. You can usually tell the ones that are consultants, most of the time. Plus, I am always so paranoid of what type of person I am buying things off of. You never know how clean they are, or where your cooking utensil came from. I'm just funny about those things. :)

mbh06 said:
Plus, I am always so paranoid of what type of person I am buying things off of. You never know how clean they are, or where your cooking utensil came from. I'm just funny about those things. :)

That's a whole other issue! Ewww! I am the SAME way!

mbh06 said:
The main problem I have with anyone buying PC stuff e-bay is that they may be paying a little bit less of a price (but not always) they are not getting a warranty. I think that it is crazy to pay almost full price for something that could break in the mail on the way to your house.

That is what I think is just plain crazy! People will spend as much or even more on an item than what they could get from one of us. Plus, no warranty, I guess they're not thinking about the warranty when they're buying. I will never buy actual products on there for that reason. I do enjoy getting a good deal on a shirt when I can. I LOVE to wear PC logo-wear, but I can't always afford vip's prices!

AJPratt said:
I guess its every now and then a newer member will bring it up.

Now why didn't i think of that :eek:

bbauman07 said:
I tried to join lmad almost a year ago and am still waiting for approval.

ME TOO!!! So I guess there is nothing there I really need - right??:D

What is LMB or what ever you all where talking about in the previous posts??? I have never heard of it.

LMAD = Let's Make A Deal

I have lots of issues with selling PC on e-bay, most of which all of you have listed, but my biggest is the warranty issue. I've had a customer bring an e-bay-bought broken item to a show and try to get me to "make up" a receipt for her to send it back to HO. When I wouldn't do it, the customer got all snippety (she actually said, "Then I'll just hold onto it and go back to the consultant who helped me last time", and LEFT!). Who knows what she's saying behind my back! I hate to lose customers because I didn't "satisfy" her, but I do have some integrity and pride!!

Diane

That is horrible Diane! I have bought a few retired things as I have already said, but I understand that it doesn't come with a warranty. Nothing on eBay should come with one!! I am sorry that this lady was rude to you, but I am sure that you wouldn't have wanted a customer like that anyway!

gilliandanielle said:
I posted my rant elsewhere in the trading post, but I don't like how this woman who runs it threatens to "kick out" anyone who doesn't obey HER rules. I understand there are rules, but it bothers me that she refers to them as "HER rules and HER site" not the site's rules.

I felt the same way. I tried to join the LMAD site to help me start my business and I was REJECTED!!!!!!! Whoever runs it apparently had a problem with my email address. I pretty much told her HO has the same one and they don't have a problem sending me notifications and such. The NYer in me had to speak my mind and I told her that if this is the way she does business I am surprised she has any bookings. Her last email to me was "bite me"... so I reported her site to HO for an investiagtion!

Guess what I just saw on ebay? A super swat, bid up to $25!! I can't believe someone would pay $25 for a fly swatter, discontinued or not! And then I saw 5 quickut paring knives and so far, the price was up to $11. People are just silly or have too much money they don't know what to do with it! :eek:

That just shows me that there are so many people out there who need a consultant!! If those people had a consultant they wouldn't be buying stuff for that price!!

Hey dianevill, as far as I'm concerned, you're blessed to be rid of that customer. What she wanted to do was dishonest, and your integrity is worth much more than any sales she might lose for you. There's an old saying: If they'll do it with you, they'll do it to you. How can you trust someone who is trying to get you to cheat? I'm scrupulously honest in all my dealings, and I believe my customers appreciate that.

jasonmva said:
gilliandanielle said:
I posted my rant elsewhere in the trading post, but I don't like how this woman who runs it threatens to "kick out" anyone who doesn't obey HER rules. I understand there are rules, but it bothers me that she refers to them as "HER rules and HER site" not the site's rules.

I felt the same way. I tried to join the LMAD site to help me start my business and I was REJECTED!!!!!!! Whoever runs it apparently had a problem with my email address. I pretty much told her HO has the same one and they don't have a problem sending me notifications and such. The NYer in me had to speak my mind and I told her that if this is the way she does business I am surprised she has any bookings. Her last email to me was "bite me"... so I reported her site to HO for an investiagtion!

I was REJECTED from trying to join also. I'd be interested to hear what you hear about her also.
Hmmm...
Wonder if she is a person on this site also and is reading all we say???
Schel

what is lmad?

schel said:
I was REJECTED from trying to join also. I'd be interested to hear what you hear about her also.
Hmmm...
Wonder if she is a person on this site also and is reading all we say???
Schel

I hope she is here so I can give her a big BITE ME!! Get over your HUGE ego and be a nice person, for Heaven's sake!!

cat said:
Guess what I just saw on ebay? A super swat, bid up to $25!! I can't believe someone would pay $25 for a fly swatter, discontinued or not! And then I saw 5 quickut paring knives and so far, the price was up to $11. People are just silly or have too much money they don't know what to do with it! :eek:
I saw a tool turnabout for $45. I could not believe it!

I once saw a food chopper for around $45 too and what kills me is the shipping these people pay!!! Dont they have the common sense to go to the main PC webiste and find a consultant? I think most of them really get their kicks off of ordering off of ebay - they dont even care about the $$$!
I was amazed how soon after conference that all the old stuff in the mystery boxes started showing up! I reported a few of those - no way could they come from anywhere but a consultant...to coincidental.

what is the address for LMAD

Ok, I am new... what is Let's Make a Deal??? TEACH ME, PLEASE!!!

I buy old consultant items... the catalogs, order forms, etc. It's a great way to get that consultans don't want anymore and that they are only going to throw away.

I got the rolling show to go for less than $75. I was pretty excited about that!

Thanks,
Jaye

Let's Make A Deal or LMAD is a yahoo group where consultants buy, trade, and sell PC stuff. Here is the address.

http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/lets_make_a_deal/?yguid=195997307

Just signed upfor LMAD....for the person who wrote about getting email all the time and the digest, if you go to your set up, you can shut that off, it was at the beginning of sign up it asked if you wanted daily emails of new posts or messages, or the daily digest or NOTHING at all....if you went past it, you get daily emails.....which is a bummer, they should have a default of nothing.....

Just thought I'd let you know that you can shut it off...

Okay, getting on the soapbox....;)
I too get very angry when I see someone selling items on EBAY....I wonder if they care....I can tell the difference between the consultants and the prior Hosts...I too did an aweful lot of business on EBAY as a seller, NOT Of PC stuff, but I think if folks can't stand it then THEY should help PC police EBAY itself, if we all did it and sent their links to HO, then maybe we could be helping ourselves and others......so kudos to those of you who DO do it now....of course we have the right to buy where and how we want, but I also believe the flip side....just like drugs, if you buy drugs, you are only funding those that sell to our children, not to mention other devious activities....we DO have the right to support each other and that MAY mean sacrificing our "right to buy where and how and when we want"out of duty to each other........does that make sense?

Okay, I'm too stepping down from the soapbox.....

what is LMAD?

TIA

go back to the 2nd or 3rd page and there is a link for the website. LMAD is a yahoo group for consultants to sell and trade stuff.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• imported_iteachurkid
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
imported_iteachurkid
  • quiverfull7
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
  • finley1991