1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Ok - what about this wording?

1. turtle15

turtle15 Member

Is it ok to post online:

Would you like to buy high quality kitchen tools and help raise money for the American Cancer Society? Email me to find out how!

or

I am doing a fundraiser for the American Cancer Society. E-mail me to find out how you can help.

What do you think?

Apr 11, 2009
  2. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

I like the first one better. It's more specific without breaking any of the rules.

Apr 11, 2009
  3. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I agree with Rae.

Apr 11, 2009
  4. candiejayne

candiejayne Veteran Member

I third that! I like the first one!

Apr 11, 2009
  5. turtle15

turtle15 Member

Thanks guys! I don't want to do anything wrong, but I also don't want to miss out on a huge opportunity for this fundraiser!
    Thanks!

Apr 11, 2009
  6. turtle15

turtle15 Member

Additionally, any other form of advertising on the Web is prohibited.

Ok - that is exact wording from the policies and procedures, so do you think
    "Would you like to buy high quality kitchen tools and help raise money for the American Cancer Society? Email me to find out how!" violates that policy. I am not so sure on this one.

Apr 11, 2009
  7. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

I will assume you're sharing this on Facebook or MySpace. You aren't mentioning PC by name or providing a link to your website, so you should be fine.

If I understand correctly, one of the reasons the HO doesn't want PC mentioned specifically is that it allows people to simply do a search using "Pampered Chef" and find you. This could give you an unfair advantage.

Apr 11, 2009
Have something to add?