• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Did You Learn at the Ok to Discuss Conference?

striped? :) The striped small bowl, striped medium bowl, striped square, and striped rectangular platter are all striped. The Entertaining set with striped platter is also striped. The kitchen helpers are white and the fruit and vegetable preparation is green and blue.
DebPC
Staff member
Those that went- what did you learn, what do you think of the new improvements and new products for fall?

I didn't get to go to conference but I found out what the new products are. I was kind of surprised there was only one stone added. I guess from all the talk before conference I thought there would be more new stoneware. I can't wait to see the new simple additions for myself.

Also I was hoping for more midseason products to be able to earn the first couple weeks in August.

Also does anyone know when we will receive the products we earned in June? I'm leaving the week after this week and am concerned that they will come while I'm gone. Thanks!

We were told at our cluster meeting that our packages would be mailed and you would receive no later than July 26. I CAN NOT WAIT!!!!!
Laura Anglea :D

This was my first conference and I had a blast! I learned a lot and the new products are great! I can't wait to get my new stuff in the mail!! I love the new reciepts too! I get so many complaints about them being hard to read! And the recruiting promotion is great! I've got my eye on that outdoor fireplace!! I've got two interested ladies coming to our conference in review meeting tomorrow! I hope they sign! I'll stop babbling now. I just got back last night so I'm still pretty wound up!

Brooke :p

What are the new products??For those of you who went, do you have a listing of all the new products? I am dying to know what they are!!

Thanks!

Thanks! I'm so glad. We are leaving on the 27th so I'm glad the products will be here before I leave. Here's a list of the new products. I got it from another website:

Serving & Entertaining:
Woven Rectangular Tray
Celebrate Plate

Simple Additions:
Striped Small Bowl
Striped Medium Bowl
Striped Small Square
Entertaining Set with Striped Platter
Striped Rectangular Platter
Rectangular Platter
Spreaders
Spreaders Set
Linens & Towels:
Leaf Napkin Set
Leaf Napkin Ring Set
Reversible Placemat Set
Stripe and Leaf Towel Set
Reversible Table Runner

Cutting & Carving Boards:
Butternut Bar Board & Knife
Cranberry Bar Board & Knife
Reversible Bamboo Carving Board

Measuring:
Easy Read Measuring Cups

Stoneware:
Insulated Tote
Small Round Stone
Grate, Slice & Chop:
Microplane Adjustable Grater
Kitchen Helpers
Twixit Clip Combo Pack in White

Fruit & Vegetable Preparation:
Citrus Peeler
Cooking Tools:
Stainless Mini Whisk
Chef’s Tongs
Pantry:
Basil Blend Canola Oil
Double Strength Madigascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract
Cookbooks & Recipe Cards:
The Pampered Chef Turkey Basics Recipe Card Collection
Seasonal Inspirations
The Pampered Chef Season’s Best
Una Muestra de la Pampered Chef Coleccion de Recetas
Oven & Roasting:
Roasting Pan with Rack
Meat Lifters
Silicone Oven Mitt

New ProductsI Love all of the new products the only thing that confuses me is the bambo cutting board , we have been teaching everyone about the safe from odors, how we should'nt use wood ect now we are going to sell a wood cutting board . It kind of goes against what we have been saying .
Doreen Zaino [email protected]
Future Director 5 years with PC

chef131doreen said:
I Love all of the new products the only thing that confuses me is the bambo cutting board , we have been teaching everyone about the safe from odors, how we should'nt use wood ect now we are going to sell a wood cutting board . It kind of goes against what we have been saying .
Doreen Zaino [email protected]
Future Director 5 years with PC
Bamboo actually isn't wood. At least not the kind of wood that is a problem. It doesn't absorb odors, liquids and juices like wood does. That's why the other bamboo products can go in the dishwasher. Maybe when the post the Product Information Guides on Consultants Corner (I think they said Aug 15th), it'll be a good one to study so we can be sure to discuss the features of a bamboo carving board in comparison to wood.

Good question though!

Thank you!Thank you so much for listing the new products they sound FABULOUS!! I can't wait to get mine in the mail!!! One question, what colors are the Simple Additions?? Are they the cranberry& butternut??

Thanks everyone for all the great info! We are military overseas so it's nice to have others to talk about Pampered Chef with....

triplej_55 said:
Thank you so much for listing the new products they sound FABULOUS!! I can't wait to get mine in the mail!!! One question, what colors are the Simple Additions?? Are they the cranberry& butternut??

Thanks everyone for all the great info! We are military overseas so it's nice to have others to talk about Pampered Chef with....
They're actually striped. Kind of thin vertical stripes going all the way around. Cranberry and butternut are a couple of the colors in there. Also white and pumpkin and eggplant. At first it kind of reminded me of a circus, but that's not a great description. They look so cool though. And stripes are a really huge style right now. They coordinate really nicely with the Entertaining Set. And there's no longer the avocado-colored rectangle platter in the Entertaining Set. It's the striped one.

Bamboo Carving boardthe Bamboo carving board through me for a loop too until I started to go through my pictures with the tips that were in the product preview room. It is meant to use at the end of the meal prep. Another words after everything is cooked. It is a Carving board not a cutting board. We are still supposed to reccommend that you use our our cutting boards for meal preparations prior to cooking (raw) then the bamboo carving board for cutting up after cooking.

I hope that makes everyone feel better. Also you have to remember that this bamboo product does not go in the dishwasher. It is not one solid piece of "wood" but many glued together then laminated. the heat from the dishwasher will mess that all up. that came from one of the Product test guys that was in the product preview room.

Reversible Bamboo Carving BoardI was at conference 1 and had the same question about the "bamboo cutting board" In the product showcase room I talked with a home office test kitchen employee and she corrected me It is a carving board.. They are marketing it for carving not actually cutting on. The board is beautiful and smooth, test kitchen said you could cut on it but it would then loose it's smooth finish.. I did think since it is reversiable you could use one side for cutting and the other for carving and table serving on.. It is a wonderful addition to a kitchen $69.00... ;)

What do you all think of the roasting pan? I guess I'm not too excited since I'm a vegetarian, but do you think the general public will be excited about it? Selling just one or two a month would be great! I'm trying to figure out what to do with the one I earned for free :confused: Maybe I'll use it as some great incentive.

The new bamboo item is actually a carving board not a cutting board. You would only use it to carve big pieces of meat like a turkey etc. You would still use our regular cutting boards with your knives and chopper. I am really not thriilled with that item. It is beautiful but pricey and the only times we really have big pieces of meat is at the holidays.
Laura Anglea

Yes but what do we.....get for free do you think for the June sell-a-thon?! Now I am really excited after reading about all the new products, and can't wait to get my free stuff!! Yahooooo!!

Here's what we earnedHold 2 shows between June 1st - June 15th and you get the: Celebrations Plate FREE

Submit 2 Shows in June and you receive: $61.00 value
SA striped small bowl
Stoneware inspirations cookbook
Butter colored bar board and knife set
Small round stone
Stiped and leaf set of towels
Our purchase price for fall samples: $30.50

$1500 in sales: $155.50 value
All of level one (excluding celebrations plate) plus
Twixits in white
Basil blend canola oil
SA Small striped square
Citrus Press
Chef's tongs
Microplane grater
Cranberry bar board with knife set
Our price for this collection: $77.75

$3000 level: $362.50 value
You will receive all of level 1 and 2 (no celebrations plate) plus
Roasting pan with rack (will not ship til august)
Turkey basics recipe card collection
SA Striped medium bowl
Easy read measuring cups
Meat lifters
Our price for this collection: $181.25

$6000 level: $540.50 value
All of level 1,2, & 3 (still no celebrations plate)
Our price for this collection: $270.25

I'm just going off of memory, but in the past the groupings they put together for us to purchase as samples haven't always coincided exactly with the sell-a-thon levels. I'm not sure if you've seen the sheet describing what can be purchased for half price, but it might be different from those levels. They are an awesome bunch of products, though! :)

Is the new carving board in any of the packages ? Did i miss it somewhere ?

An addition to the levelsThe $6,000 plus level has levels 1, 2 and 3 plus:

Simple Additions Striped Rectangle Platter
Stainless Mini Whisk
Silicone Oven Mitt
Reversible Bamboo Carving Board
Insulated Tote
Spreader Set

The total package value is $540.50.

not too excited yetWOW! I can't wait to see the new stuff, cause as of yet- just hearing about it I'm not that excited yet. I'm not the hugest fan of SA since it's so heavy and a pain to lug to shows. I only bring it if someone specifically asks. I don't really use it much at home either. Are the actual kitchen tools cool? Thats what I get excited about.

If you think things are a pain to lug to shows, just wait for another announcement that you'll soon be hearing about. Then you'll be able to show the great new Simple Additions! I can't imagine doing a show without using mine!! And you sell what you show, at least that's what I've learned. People who don't really even cook seem to go nuts over Simple Additions because they can make entertaining so much easier with them.

Hey guys!! This was my first conference and I had a blast too!! I thougt they said that they were going to post all the new announcements on the website on July 18th. That's today and I looked already and I don't see anything! Maybe it will be posted a little later. Does anyone remember? :confused:

I believe I read that the site will be updated on the 19th.

I just looked and they have the new recruitment stuff out, that looks totally neat

The new recruiting incentive is awesome!! I have never tried to recruit anyone. PC is really just a hobby for me right now. But, attending conference and the new recruiting incentive has made me want to do more with my business. I had to change my original conference because of my work schedule. I was lucky enought to attend Carol Radu's executive banquet. She is awesome. She had a lot of great things to say and she was excited for all of her downline. And, Fonda Worth (?) is an awesome lady. She is funny and very motivating. I would love to attend one of her kitchen shows and observe her in action! Carol Radu is a very nice lady. I actually sat beside her on the plane coming home. I didn't get to talk to her much. She was thoroughly engrossed in Doris' new book. I really wanted to ask her 1000 questions, but didn't. I decided she was tired from conference and wanted to enjoy her book. Anyway, I am excited about the new products and incentives.

God Bless You All and...Keep cookin and bookin!!

Shawnna

Wow! I just looked at an e-mail at the recruiting incentive for July and August. That is some nice stuff! I wish I had more shows for August. I only have 2 kitchen shows and 1 catalogue show. Everyone seems to want to book for September and October. It would be awesome if they extended this recruiting incentive into Sept. and Oct. I still have no bites for recruiting. I talk to anyone who seems interested but people here aren't interested enough. I will definately try to step it up and try harder to at least get one of those 3 packages. My husband would be so thrilled. :)

I'll be looking for the UPS truck to pull up!!!!!!! I am so happy that I worked so hard during the sale a thon. I am definetly going to conference next year.

noradawn said:
What do you all think of the roasting pan? I guess I'm not too excited since I'm a vegetarian, but do you think the general public will be excited about it? Selling just one or two a month would be great! I'm trying to figure out what to do with the one I earned for free :confused: Maybe I'll use it as some great incentive.

ROFL well if you are that stumped you can always give it to me; lol; i didnt earn it but i saw it today on the recruiting pamphlet and man oh man am i drooling over that!! The turkeys i could cook in that thing :)
NO offense to you but i love thanksgiving !

It is really neat.......but....I dont cook a lot of big turkeys. I've also wondered how much I would use it. Now the new Siple Additions...thats another story!

It's not too late!Janel,
It's not too late to book for August! I have been promoting August by saying this:

"Now, for those of you who are excited about the September host special, why wait? You can get the Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls 60% off this month, and still get 60% off the Stoneware next month too one of your guests books a show with me in September! Sounds great, right?"

I also tell them, in case are worried they won't have any bookings for September, I tell them that they can still purchase as many Stoneware pieces that they want at 20% off, and then get their 10% past host discount on top of that!

When I said this, I got three bookings pushed up to August with people that originally wanted September. That gives me more time to promote the recruiting promotion too!!!!

Hold UPBefore you start talking about September we still have July and August to get through. Unless you already have booked all of the shows you want to hold in August don't push September. Push the month you want to book FIRST!!

I LOVED conference. Lyn Wiltshire's class was excellent. It was extremely fast paced. They are used to doing a full day conference and they had to streamline their streamlined 3 hour talk into 45 minutes. It was rough, but well worth it. If you get a chance to listen to her CD or read the booik, "Partnering with your Host" DO IT!!!!

I love the Dim Sum theme. That's the only one I really LOVE. I am not crazy about the striped SA, but I know some customers who will be. I can't wait to receive my earned products from June!!

Here is a little aside: When I was going through the security check-point at O'Hare the security screener stopped me. I had on a shirt I bought at conference with the book cover on it. He said, "Do you work for that company?" pointing to my shirt. I said, "Yes, I'm a consultant." He said, "I HATE that company!" I said, "Why". He said, "I used to work for UPS and there was just too many boxes coming through every day with The Pampered Chef on them. I hate them." Then we laughed.

I thought that was pretty funny.

cheftiffany said:
the Bamboo carving board through me for a loop too until I started to go through my pictures with the tips that were in the product preview room. It is meant to use at the end of the meal prep. Another words after everything is cooked. It is a Carving board not a cutting board. We are still supposed to reccommend that you use our our cutting boards for meal preparations prior to cooking (raw) then the bamboo carving board for cutting up after cooking.

I hope that makes everyone feel better. Also you have to remember that this bamboo product does not go in the dishwasher. It is not one solid piece of "wood" but many glued together then laminated. the heat from the dishwasher will mess that all up. that came from one of the Product test guys that was in the product preview room.

I love the bamboo cutting board. It is BEAUTIFUL. The type of item you'd leave on your counter all the time. The one thing we will have to educate our guests on is that it is NOT a CUTTING BOARD, but a carving board. That means you can not chop or dice with knives as it will dull the blade. It is not meant for raw meat.

One side is indented for the turkey or chicken to sit in. This will keep the bird from slipping as you carve. The other side is perfect for roasts. It has the deep groove on the outside to catch all the juices.

Christyinhi said:
It is really neat.......but....I dont cook a lot of big turkeys. I've also wondered how much I would use it. Now the new Siple Additions...thats another story!

One suggestion we had in our Take Action Workshop was to cook two chickens at the same time or lasagna. You could cook 2 roasts and freeze one. You could also do a HUGE cobbler for a big party. If you have anything that needs to be done in a deep pan, this is the piece for you.

Conference was great! I have been a consultant since Feb. 2005 and will try to go to conference every year. I came back wanting to move my business to the next level.

Everyone seems to be talking about the Roasting Pan and the Bamboo Carving Board (which I'm excited about) but I only have a few customers that will really be interested in them because of the price. The small, everyday products like The Chefs Tongs, Bar Board & Knife Set, Citrus Press, Easy Read Measuring Cups, the Mini Whisk and the Small Round Stone are things that will really interest my customers. The SA are very pretty and will add wonderful color to any kitchen. Customer that already buy SA will love the new striped SA.

When the Roasting Pan is offered as Host Special, I think I will be able to have a full month of shows.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips chefbilyey. I'm going to try as hard as I can to get another show booked for August at least if I can and a recruit. I'm going to call a lady today who wanted to place an order and maybe try to talk her into haveing a show. I'm also going to do a catalogue show while I'm on vacation. Maybe I can get some bites from it.

I have to agree with others above: the Wiltshires' presentations were excellent. I bought their books and have been sharing ideas from them with my cluster. The session on goal-setting is transforming my business.

I agree. Steve Wiltshire's book, Vision Made Real, should be required reading for every consultant! It has changed the way I see my business, and that has made all the difference.

:confused: Where do you buy this book ( Visions Made Real)?
Thanks
Pampered Thelma

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • National Conferences and Meetings
2 3
Replies
Views
Tenille V.
  • sherri lynn
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies