• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Awkward Lead Call: Tips for Handling Surprising Gift Requests

In summary, a customer contacted a home party direct sales consultant asking about products. The consultant left a name and number for the customer's husband to call back
crystalscookingnow
Gold Member
I had a lead today on my website. It was a man requesting more info about purchasing products. I just called & got whom I believe to be his wife. Instantly I think Christmas gifts. I left a message & was trying to be vague but not too much so. I could tell she was like, Why is this woman calling & asking for my husband?

Ack. I know if it was my husband who was trying to surprise me with something for Christmas & the consultant ruined it, he would be a little upset.

I just hope she gives him the message. LOL!

Didn't he leave an e-mail address? That would be weird.

He left an e-mail address too - but it was the family one. It was just way strange. I asked my husband about it & he said, that's all you said? What was I supposed to say?? So, now, he's got to fess up and I hope that he will at least call me back.

Maybe he's just the cook in the family!

Did you at least say you were with THe Pampered Chef?
I'm sure if you did that, yes, it might give away a tad bit MAYBE, but at least she wouldn't be mad at him. How could she if she suspected he might be trying to get her some PC for Christmas!? :)

Maybe you could have said, "I'm a home party direct sales consultant, and your husband contacted me saying he wanted information about my company's products. It was probably about a Christmas gift, and I don't want to spill the beans. Could I leave my name and number for him to call me back?"Of course, I suppose she could think her husband is looking into a "shady" home business of some sort.

Good thing he didn't call a "passion" consultant. *lol* Not too much risque about our products....:)

For future reference you could just say: "[Customer name] contacted me through my web page saying that he was interested in making a purchase and I'm returning his call. Since it's so close to Christmas and I don't know if this is supposed to be a surprise or not, can I just leave my name & number without revealing my company name? I'd rather be safe & not spoil this if it's supposed to be a surprise. ;)"This leaves her wondering who you are, but not wondering if her husband is sneaking around with another woman or cheating. You know? If he has to come home to an angry wife who's suspicious that he's having an affair or something, he's definitely NOT going to want to call you back or make a purchase. He'll be too angry at the way this was all handled.

On a side note, if this was supposed to have been a surprise, he should have given his cell #, work # and work e-mail ... not home info!!! :D

So do I call her back with some of these words? Or just let it be?

Personally, I'd just let it be for now.

esavvymom said:
Personally, I'd just let it be for now.

I agree with that.

Well, he just called me back & thanked me for not ruining the surprise by saying our company name. Phew. :)

Yay Crystal - way to go! I hope he ordered a lot!

A grinder & peppercorn medley. BUT - he was very appreciative & said that he'd keep my name for future reference. :)

That's good!! It's always nice to have a happy customer.

:DNow watch the wife call back when you aren't home, listen to your voicemail & ruin the surprise for herself! LOL

Last edited:
Well, my home phone isn't working & my cell is on me at all times. :D Unless I'm sleeping or in the shower, I should be able to intercept!

Just after Christmas, mail out a catalog with the Host special for the next few months and remember to put a Thank you note in there too!

Sheila...that is too funny!

Good! Glad it worked out.

esavvymom said:
Good thing he didn't call a "passion" consultant. *lol* Not too much risque about our products....:)

Hey I used to be a romance consultant! LOL :love:

1. What is "Ok, That Was Awkward"?

"Ok, That Was Awkward" is a collection of products from Pampered Chef that are designed to make cooking and entertaining easier and less stressful. These products are perfect for those moments when things don't go as planned in the kitchen.

2. What types of products are included in the "Ok, That Was Awkward" collection?

The "Ok, That Was Awkward" collection includes a variety of kitchen gadgets and tools such as the Quick Slice, Garlic Press, and Scoop Loop. These products are specifically chosen to help with common kitchen mishaps and make cooking more enjoyable.

3. How can "Ok, That Was Awkward" products help me in the kitchen?

Our "Ok, That Was Awkward" products are designed to save you time, energy, and frustration in the kitchen. They can help you avoid messy spills, difficult cutting tasks, and other common cooking mishaps. Plus, they are all backed by our satisfaction guarantee.

4. Can I purchase "Ok, That Was Awkward" products individually or only as a set?

You can purchase "Ok, That Was Awkward" products individually or as a set, depending on your needs and preferences. We offer a variety of bundles and packages to fit different budgets and cooking styles.

5. Are "Ok, That Was Awkward" products dishwasher safe?

Yes, all of our "Ok, That Was Awkward" products are dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. We understand that cleaning up after cooking can also be a hassle, so we made sure our products are convenient to use and clean.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • PampChefDeb
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
AJPratt