• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ok - State Fair Booth and a Re-Kick off

In summary, the conversation revolves around a consultant's idea to boost business by offering various consultant gift certificates in envelopes, ranging from $5 to $25. These certificates can be redeemed by placing an order or hosting a party before September 30th, with a minimum guest sales of $300. The consultant plans to use this tactic at a booth and has created a poster to explain the "Recipe Roulette" game and the $300 minimum. Other consultants express interest in using this idea at upcoming events.
pampered1224
Silver Member
OK so I go this idea of putting various Consultant Gift Certificates into envelopes. MAJOR BRIBE YES BUT AFFORDABLE FROM MY STAND POINT.
$5s and $10s.
I hope you love FREE Pampered Chef Money!
Use it BY AUGUST 15TH to place an order
OR
DOUBLE IT BY BOOKING A PARTY BY AUG. 15TH
TO BE HELD BY SEPT. 30TH.
OR
I WILL TRIPLE IT IF YOU GIVE ME A DATE TODAY AND YOU HOLD THAT PARTY ON THE DATE YOU BOOKED FOR!
THE DATE MUST BE BEFORE SEPT. 30TH.
Minimum Guest Sales MUST BE at least $300.
I am going to toss in a couple of more but I can not decide if I should do $15 or go for the mother load with $25s Yes, I know! That means any party under $400 will cost me more than the commission. Just am not sure?
What do you all think? OOPS forgot to mention, there is a trick to it. Just so you do not get the wrong idea, I will be holding back anything over the $10 ones from people who only want to place an order. It will be stipulated on the poster I am making. So that means there is only one way to redeem the big ones, hosting.

It sounds like a good way to boost your business, if you can afford it!

I really like this idea. How exactly are you planning on working it? Will everyone get an envelope who is placing an order and then those who are interested in hosting will get one of the larger $ envelopes? Are you telling people up front that if they place an order or host they will win some free money?
I have a booth coming up on the 13th in my new town, so I may "borrow" this idea!!! :)

I really like this idea too. I have my 1st booth coming up on 8/13, and may try to use this just for the 5.00 and 10.00, can't really afford to do more than that, but maybe it will entice someone to place an order or book a show. I would definitely be interested if I walked by a PC booth and saw something about FREE PC money!! Before becoming a consultant, I would have been all over it.

I changed it up a bit. I took about 200 recipe cards. I put my address and contact info on a 5160 mailing label and affixed it to the recipe side of the card. Then I printed up "FREE MONEY! SAVE OR DOUBLE IT! ASK ME HOW" labels that I put on the front. Then I printed up some more labels with $5.00, $10.00 and maybe 10 with $20.00 on them and put those on the front too. Anyone who asks for info, I will in turn ask if they would like to book a party or place an order. If they say yes, I will give them a card. I have the double it for hosting and the regular for a purchase. I have a poster that explains my Recipe Roulette game along with the $300 party minimum as well.
So we will see as I will not be handing them out willy-nilly. I also have to get contact info if they want to "play" the game! I have a feeling I will be exhausted though by the time I get home Friday as that is 7 hours and on my feet and cement. I will let you know how it went. My mom even said it sounded good. As there is one card per party or order, it is not much of a loss.

This sounds very interesting could you post a copy of your flyer for the roulette game. I would like to see this. I am going to a major town block party this saturday and maybe I can try to implements this there. Thanks:chef:

Great idea. Let us know how it works out for you.

Ooh, I would love to see the flyer as well. I like the $300 minimum idea too. John, I have to say that I steal a lot of your ideas! You seem like a very creative person and I love that! :)

I try! the problem is there is no flier. I created a poster though and that will not fit here. I cut each piece out as in a text balloon and taped each piece onto poster board. HTH!

Attachments

• PLAY.pdf
    18.4 KB · Views: 561
Thanks for sharing. Great Job!!

thanks john! this is a great idea!! i think i will do it for our annual town festival on the 14th....
~carla

Personally, free money always appeals to me. Especially these days! I look at it this way for sales, even at the $5 mark, because I am taking it off the entire order, they save S&H or a portion of it if I need to direct ship. Money is money so... And if I double the amounts for bookings, with the $300 party minimum, even with the $20 double to $40, the least I still make $20. If it gets me parties, so be it! I have everything packed up and ready to go except of course I can not find one thing I NEED and that is a calculator! You know how you knew where something was but for the life of you, it ain't there??!!! I hate that! I will post tomorrow or tonight if I happen to over caffeinated! We have deep fried butter, bacon sundaes with caramel or chocolate, chocolate covered cooked bacon, YUM?? UUMMMM NOT FOR ME!!! Now if I find deep fried pickles!

John thats called the black hole syndrom...where you know you have it but you just can't find it...and right after you no longer need it you will find it. LOL.

I just had fried pickles for the first time last month, not a specialty here in Jersey,,,,interesting but weird....lol

Funny too as I can not eat those salt and vinegar potato chips but I love deep fried pickles! Oh well! Did not find any. Actually I did not look.
OK. My plan worked! In the first 5.5 hours I got 8 bookings! I have a little over $200 in orders. The last 1.5 hours I gave out cards. Figure if they put two and two together, they will realize what they have in hand. I told them it is a special discount. If anyone calls or e-mails I will give them the double. I put 20 of the $20 cards in the deck of about 200 cards. I still have 13 of them and I did shuffle them big time! Only two went to people who did book. I am following up on Sunday with each of the 8. I think that is good odds considering I made sure they really were wanting to book parties. I skipped two years because I never got any bookings or orders so this was an awesome change!

sounds like you had a good time :)
i hope all your cards bring in lots of bookings!!!
~carla

I had my vendor fair today...it was a bust as far as sales and contacts. There were only about 20 people wandering around and only 2 even came close to my table. They only wanted catalogs. Frustrating..... oh well try again...LOL

thread HIJACK

We make fried pickles frequently (the only reason we have a deep fryer and I do it on my patio)

1 jar sliced hamburger dill pickles drained
1 cup buttermilk

Dip pickles in buttermilk gently shake dry, coat them in a package of Zatarains fish fry
(Any dry fish coating will work we just prefer zatarains) Deep fry till brown drain on paper towels serve with ranch dressing

We also sprinkle with a little tony Cacheres seasoning or other creole spice when they come out of the oil

OOO Now there is a hijack I can live with! Thanks! I asked one of the restaurants here that does the jarred, super crispy, pickle spears that are about 5" long and they too use buttermilk. I have had pickle chips, pickle spears and gherkins deep fried. The chips came in regular and those hot ones! Those you definitely need the ranch dressing for! I like hot geez! These were so hot, as in spicy, that I kept sneezing!
Not back to the thread, I am well, disappointed now as I could not reach all 8 of my potential hosts yesterday. I got 7 answering machines. So I will try again tonight.
insnj - hang in there. We all go into these things knowing that it is hit and miss. At least you gave it a go.
OH AND ANOTHER QUESTION - WHEN DID HO CHANGE THE REPLACEMENT PARTS ORDER FORM SO CUSTOMERS CAN NOT ORDER THEM? I printed it out Thursday and found that there is no name and address on it so we, consultants, have to place those orders now. I checked with HO. They did it so that we would have another point of contact with someone who may not have ever ordered from us. Like it though! I had two orders. Both were for Food Chopper Clear sleeves for Food Choppers that were well over the 5 year mark but were still going strong! Dang, we have good products!

Last edited:
pampered1224 said:
OK so I go this idea of putting various Consultant Gift Certificates into envelopes. MAJOR BRIBE YES BUT AFFORDABLE FROM MY STAND POINT.
$5s and $10s.
I hope you love FREE Pampered Chef Money!
Use it BY AUGUST 15TH to place an order
OR
DOUBLE IT BY BOOKING A PARTY BY AUG. 15TH
TO BE HELD BY SEPT. 30TH.
OR
I WILL TRIPLE IT IF YOU GIVE ME A DATE TODAY AND YOU HOLD THAT PARTY ON THE DATE YOU BOOKED FOR!
THE DATE MUST BE BEFORE SEPT. 30TH.
Minimum Guest Sales MUST BE at least $300.
I am going to toss in a couple of more but I can not decide if I should do $15 or go for the mother load with $25s Yes, I know! That means any party under $400 will cost me more than the commission. Just am not sure?
What do you all think? OOPS forgot to mention, there is a trick to it. Just so you do not get the wrong idea, I will be holding back anything over the $10 ones from people who only want to place an order. It will be stipulated on the poster I am making. So that means there is only one way to redeem the big ones, hosting.
John,
I just do not understand the Recipe Roulette?!? Can you e-mail me at
[email protected] so that we can discuss?!?

I really don't understand it either????? I have two events coming up this weekend where I might be able to use this. I could really use the help. Can someone help me understand this? Thanks.

Bump! Bump!

What is the Ok - State Fair Booth and Re-Kick off event?

The Ok - State Fair Booth and Re-Kick off is an annual event hosted by Pampered Chef at the Oklahoma State Fair. It is a chance for our consultants to showcase our products and share our mission of bringing families together through cooking and mealtime.

When and where is the event being held?

The event will take place at the Oklahoma State Fairgrounds on September 12th-22nd. Our booth will be located in the Expo Hall.

Is there an admission fee for the event?

Yes, there is an admission fee for the Oklahoma State Fair. However, if you are a consultant with Pampered Chef, you will receive free admission to the fair on the day you are working at our booth.

What can I expect to see and do at the Ok - State Fair Booth and Re-Kick off?

At our booth, you will see product demonstrations, have the opportunity to sample delicious recipes, and learn about our current promotions and specials. You can also sign up to become a consultant and join the Pampered Chef family!

Can I purchase products at the event?

Yes, you can purchase products directly from our booth at the event. Our consultants will be there to help you find the perfect products for your needs and answer any questions you may have. We also offer exclusive fair specials and discounts!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefShalon
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
katem51
Replies
Views
wcsis
  • gilliandanielle
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies