• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Ok, so What Exact Wording Would You Use

In summary, the host's show for a girl who had been "going to sign up this Friday" finally got scheduled for April 2, but the host was not able to get in touch with her and had to close the show out on Sunday or Monday. The host's customer then decided to sign up for the show and use the kit credit, and the host was able to close the show out.
Nanisu
Gold Member
Did a show for a girl a week ago Sunday, 4/2. . Now, let me preface this by telling you that this was a girl who for two months was "going to sign up this Friday". Finally got hold of her and told her we had a show scheduled for April 2, did she want to sign up and have it be her first show, or have me come and do the show and use the kit credit?. She called me 4 days before the show date, yes we are on, I have 6-7 people coming, this is what I want to have you cook, and I will do the kit credit, it will be your show.

I do the show, sure enough it's a $500+ show! i collect the orders, she is going to use the kit credit....she wants to wait to close because she has 4 more orders coming in. So I suggest that we close that show on Sunday or Monday, she sign, and the other orders can be her first show. She thinks that is a great idea.

I call her last Monday, no response. I call her Tuesday, no response. I put her friends' checks in the bank, and call her Wednesday, no response. Thursday I call her/text her AND email her and tell her we need to close the show out in the next day or two. She texts back that she is cutting hair (hairdresser who works out of her home), and she will call me at 3 on Thursday to close her show. No call. i call back, text, etc. No response.

I text her over the weekend, no response, Ok it's easter weekend, she has kids, I'm ok with that. I text her Sunday and invite her to my team meeting on Monday. No response. I call her/text her Monday morning, tell her we should close her show out. No response. I call her and email her today and tell her its been over a week, we need to close her show out...no answer.

So.....I don't want to do the typical "I will pick out $90 worth of products for you" call because I don't want to do that. I honestly could care less if she signs at this point because oh my God what a nightmare it would obviously be to work with her....but I don't want to tick her off either...BUT I WANT TO CLOSE THIS SHOW. Ican't use the "people want their stuff" line either because it was all family at the show.

So....words? I'm usually pretty diplomatic about this, but REALLY????? Return my calls and texts please....I know her cousin, she's a customer of mine, I texted her and casually asked if everything was ok with this person, and my customer said "oh no, she's fine, she's planning on closing her show and signing right away and she has $500 more in orders". REALLY? Then why wouldn't she at least text me back? this is driving me nuts.

Maybe she doesn't have the money to get what she wants & is too embarrassed to admit that? Maybe leave a message saying that the cousin told you she has $500 more in orders and at a $1,000 show, you recommend that she buys the kit outright, then submits this show as her first show earning the host benefits AND the paycheck. Right now, with a $1,000 show she has a $220 paycheck coming. - $159 for the kit still leaves her with a free kit & $61 profit. That's much better than $40 off the kit. AND she'll be so close to qualifying, getting the DCB & RCB for free and earning $200 PC Dollars if she can get the rest in her first 30 days. A message like that might get you a call back in 5 min's. LOL

I'd split it into 2 parties. That way you still have your 500 show and she can use the outside orders to have her first show. JMO.

Words to say, let her know you called the cousin b/c you were afraid something had happened to her and were sooooo glad to hear she is ok. Tell her about splitting the parties and if you get her closed out today she could be signed up by the 13th and possibly get that catalog show turned in by the 15th and be paid on the 8th!!! But we've got to get things closed out today if you'd like that ck on the 8th.

If she needs $, that should motivate her!

I've had a few of those "a-wall" host lately and unfortunately sometimes nothing motivates them to close. The last time I called the booking host (who's party was in a wk) & she texted the previous host and got the ball rolling closing out her party. She didn't like her friend being ticked at her. It took the host a month to close!!! Life happens to everyone and sometimes other things are just more important to them (big or small) than the Pampered Chef.

I would just go "red october" at this point. Don't contact her at all and see what happens. You are just going to get more and more frustrated. I bet she doesnt have the money for the kit and is trying to wait on purchasing it. And when she does call you, just act surprised to hear from her because you had contacted her so much you figured she did not want to submit the show :)

Nancy, That's a tough one. I like Jenni's idea of not contacting her, however, I would want to get the show closed and submitted. I definitely would not give her the full $1000 in sales. You had an agreement that it would be your show so you keep the $500 from the first party and she gets the remaining, but I agree she does sound like a nightmare to work with and I would not be excited to have her.

Personally, I would give her a final deadline of when the show needs to be submitted and tell her you will find $50 in free products and the kit credit, because that is what she agreed to. Maybe that will get a rise from her and you will hear back from her. I would send her this message email, text, and voicemail.

Good Luck

I agree with Wendy. That is exactly what I would do in this case.

I have an slightly different issue on a cooking show that because a catalog show the DAY BEFORE the show was supposed to happen in JANUARY. She said she had orders. I tried many times to get in touch and occasionally I would catch her and she says "I was going to call you tonight. After several tries to get up with her I let it go but then I did hear from her in late February that she was waiting on payment from one person. In MARCH she gave me the orders (names & items only and no payment) and promised to call later that day with her order and the payment info. I have caught her twice since then and both times she "was going to call (me) tonight" and will call tonight. Not a peep. So, I have called and emailed every few days now that I have the orders and she said she has collected their money but here we sit. If I had the guest payments and contact info I'd send it in without any host beneifts for her.

Beth, my guess is your woman spent the money & is avoiding admitting to that. :(

I like Wendy's suggestion as well. Give her a deadline and I would submit what product you have been paid for (once the checks clear). Bottom line, you did your part and provided her with a party. It was her choice not to return calls, texts, etc. You have certainly shown that you have been more than patienc and cared about her well being. IMO you should be compensated for the work that you did.

I am going to call her in a few minutes. I am sure I will have to leave a voice mail. This is what I thought I would say:

"Hi __________, its Nancy Collins just following up on my phone message and email from yesterday. I hope everything is ok, I've missed talking with you! Just wanted to remind you that we need to get your show closed out today. I don't know if I mentioned this before, but the kit credit option is good on your show for 6 months from the date we submit it, so if money is a little snug right now just after easter you can at least pick out $50 in products for free and we will submit the other $40 for kit credit as an option for you for a little while from now. That way you can use it when you are ready to start your business. But it's important to get your show submitted, it's been over a week now and it's not professional of me to wait any longer. If I don't hear from you by tonight by 9 pm I will go ahead and submit your show with $50 in products that I will pick out and a kit credit for $40. Hope to hear from you soon, thanks again for a great show!".

How's that sound?

I don't know that I'd say anything about her having financial issues (afterall it's just an assumption, right?)...if she is or isn't it might embarras her or piss her off.

pamperedlinda said:
I don't know that I'd say anything about her having financial issues (afterall it's just an assumption, right?)...if she is or isn't it might embarras her or piss her off.

I don't think that saying "if money is a little snug right now" is assuming that she has financial issues at all. I read it that Nancy is finding a way to say that of if she is holding up the show because she can't swing the kit right now it's okay because she has 6 months...

I think it sounds fine. Let us know how it turns out. I had a lady take kit credit and she waited 6 months to the day to sign up! Money was a big factor for her.

Ok so she texted me and told me she had been in the hospital....so curious about why the cousin didn't know that.....but whatever. We will allegedly close the show tomorrow.

Sigh

Hopefully she'll get it closed soon! (((fingers crossed)))

Nanisu said:
Ok so she texted me and told me she had been in the hospital....so curious about why the cousin didn't know that.....but whatever. We will allegedly close the show tomorrow.

Sigh

That's exactly why I always include the sentence you did about hoping they are ok. We never know what is going on. It is possible that her cousin might not know, depends on how close they are and what's going on in her life. Even when we lived near by I didn't talk to my cousins every day... If its a story that's on her but at least you got the response. Here's hoping she really closes when she said.

Well, she really WAS in the hospital! She is closing out her show today, added one more order to it, taking the kit credit and signing (so she says) over the weekend....already has three shows booked. This would end a total dry spell for me with 3 recruits in two weeks, so this might be exciting. Or not.

1. What does "Ok, so What Exact Wording Would You Use" mean?

"Ok, so What Exact Wording Would You Use" is a phrase that is commonly used when asking for specific or precise language or wording to be used in a particular situation or context.

2. Why would someone ask for the exact wording to be used?

Someone may ask for the exact wording to be used in order to ensure clarity, accuracy, and consistency in communication. It can also help to avoid misunderstandings or confusion.

3. When would someone use this phrase?

This phrase can be used in a variety of situations, such as when writing a formal document, giving a presentation, or having a conversation where specific terminology or language is important.

4. Is it considered rude to ask for the exact wording to be used?

No, it is not considered rude to ask for the exact wording to be used. In fact, it can be seen as a sign of professionalism and a desire for clear communication.

5. Can this phrase be used in informal settings?

Yes, this phrase can be used in informal settings as well, such as when planning an event or making plans with friends. It can still be helpful to use precise wording to avoid misunderstandings or miscommunication.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Nanisu
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
PamperedK
  • baychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • baychef