• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ok, so I'm Sitting Outside of My Daughters Ballet Class With a Pampered Chef

well kids, she casually mentioned that her husband was thinking about getting a PC. I was like oh, ok. I told her about my son and the coach and she was totally interested. What a great way to open the conversation about PC! By being so PC friendly, you have already started a conversation. You don't have to force it. Basically, you are showing your interest by being there for them and being open to talking about PC. If they don't want to talk about it, that's okay, but at least you tried. Good luck!
dme.grant
Ok, so I'm sitting outside of my daughters ballet class with a PC catalog on my lap. There are 4 moms and 1 dad here and I have no idea how to start a conversation about PC. This is the first class so I guess everyone is pretty quiet, but I want to break the ice. Any suggestions on how to be subtle, not pushy, but let them know about PC?

Re: Help!!How about if you just get to know them as people first? Then, the talk about PC will come naturally. Be interested in THEM, not just in a "prospect".

Re: Help!!I'd build relationships with them first. Then they won't feel like you are just going to pounce on them with PC. ;) Introduce yourself, ask them about themselves. Do you have a catalog tote? Bring that with you next time. Ask the studio if you can leave behind some old catalogs. They'll figure it out. Once you're better acquainted, you can invite them to a party that you might be hosting for yourself. Bring them a recipe card of your favorite recipe or a quick dinner idea for those busy nights. You'll be seeing them each week, right? So don't worry about doing everything just right this first day.

Re: Help!!wear logowear that will start a conversation naturally

Re: Help!!During a conversation- you can say how you are going to the store after class because you are making a new recipe for dinner. Most people would laugh :D because they are to busy to even know what they are making for dinner that night. That is a great way to start talking about PC. But I agree, you first want to get to know them before approaching them. Of course if they see your catalog and ask, then it is a perfect opportunity.

Re: Help!!I agree with building relationships! That's so important! Also, why not talk to the studio owner and see if there would be an interest in our fundraising opportunities? My studio does several fundraisers a year to help parents pay for costumes, classes, photos...everything! Anyone involved in dance knows its terribly expensive, especially the more classes your child takes (my daughter does ballet, jazz, tap, acro and hip hop, plus a competition duo).

Good luck!

Re: Help!!I listened to an audio or a conference call a while back about how to start conversations, and the one thing the speaker really stressed was that we need to remember that not every conversation will end up being about PC. If you force the conversation there, it will feel forced, and the other person will feel that.

One of the examples she gave was the grocery store checkout line. You strike up a conversation with the person behind you by asking about something in their cart. She tells you she's going to be making stir-fry for dinner. Your brain starts screaming you need to tell her about our stir-fry skillet, but if you do that, you end up coming across as a sales person just out for the sale. It's better if you let the conversation flow naturally, and wait for the other person to ask you (and if you're holding a catalog or wearing logo wear, it's possible she will). But not every conversation will end up there.

Re: Help!!Thank you all so much! In the end I didn't say anything about PC. I'll just wait and get to know each of them first. I definitely don't want to be the weird pushy sales lady! I don't have a catalog tote yet, but I'll definitely get one soon. On the way home however, I stopped at our apartment office (which I go into quite frequently and chat with them) and dropped off a tray of peanut butter cookies (on the medium bamboo platter) along with two catalogs that had the current guest special and both Sept. and Oct. host specials slipped inside. I also mentioned the specials and told them I'd be back on Friday for the tray and any orders. They seemed really receptive and totally nice about it, so hopefully that will yield a few leads.

Re: Help!!My son was in baseball this summer and now soccer. He had the same coach for each and some of the same players. I did not pursue talking to the parents about PC because we were there for the boys. HOWEVER! I ALWAYS had on a PC hat or shirt, I have a PC water bottle, carry my tote and have my sign on my car. Unless they are blind, they know what I do. As I was sitting by the coaches wife the other day talking about kids and this and that.. she asked for a catalog. I know she has been working a lot lately and just had a baby. I think she just appreciated it that I didn't beat her over the head w/ chit chat about her having a show.

Anyhow, relationships build business. :)

1. What is Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef is a direct sales company that offers high-quality kitchen tools, cookware, and ingredients for cooking and entertaining.

2. How can Pampered Chef products enhance my cooking experience?

Pampered Chef products are designed to make cooking and entertaining easier, faster, and more enjoyable. They are made with high-quality materials and innovative designs to help you achieve professional results in your own kitchen.

3. Can I purchase Pampered Chef products outside of a direct sales party?

Yes, you can purchase Pampered Chef products online through a consultant's website or by hosting your own virtual or in-person party. You can also find Pampered Chef products at some retail stores.

4. Is there a warranty for Pampered Chef products?

Yes, all Pampered Chef products come with a lifetime guarantee against defects in material and workmanship. If you are not satisfied with your product, you can return it for a replacement or refund.

5. How can I become a Pampered Chef consultant?

If you are interested in becoming a Pampered Chef consultant, you can sign up through a current consultant or on the Pampered Chef website. As a consultant, you can earn income, free products, and discounts on Pampered Chef items.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• randis
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
batterbowl
Replies
Views
ChefErin