• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Did I Find My Way to Pampered Chef?

In summary, the speaker found their way to Pampered Chef through attending parties and seeing a van with the company logo. They joined as a consultant and it was an easy recruitment. They are a stay-at-home mom with a blended family and wanted a career that allowed them to spend more time with their children. Their experience with Pampered Chef has been positive but they are currently facing some challenges with reaching more people in their small town. Their advice for new consultants is to not be afraid of rejection, ask for help from other consultants, and enjoy the journey.
silly@hrt
My introduction is coming after ... oh i donno ... several posts :blushing: I guess I just got excited and jumped right into things!

So, other than being slow, I'm new to PC as of last October. My name is Laura and I just moved to the Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri. What a different world from other places I've lived (Omaha, Ne; Bremerton, Wa; Sacramento, Ca; Kaneohe, HI; and Denver, Co)

I moved from Denver where I worked as a Director to a Radiology group ~ and when I say worked, I mean WORKED. I had one of those careers that caused me to lose myself as well as my time with my son. My divorce happened when he was only 6 months, so being a single mom I tried to over-compensate... (at least that's my excuse!:rolleyes: )

I tell you all this, because I fell hard in life... one of those lessons that God used to bring me back into perspective ~ and that is when I met my husband. ON-LINE :eek: Yeah, I know, everyone always says "What?" He lived here in good ol' Missouri and 6 months after trips back and forth, we got married.

We had a glorious wedding in Hawaii on the beach, but for some crazy reason we took all the kids (he has 3 of his own) so the honeymoon was interesting! God still had his plan though, and along came my newest addition to the family, my babygirl Shyla. I now am a SAHM with a 14 mo old; a 6,7 & 8 year old (all boys) and a 14 year old step daughter. Life is wonderful! :angel:

I decided that after many many years of going to PC parties - buying and LOVING the products... that when I saw a van in the MC'D's parking lot with the PC logo... POUNCE! My director say's I'm her easiest recruit!

So here I am - S..L..O..W..L..Y :D but surely on my way to conference this year (wave 3). I have one recruit and really rocked my first 30 days, but seem to have gotten in a slump again. I need to break out of my fear of rejection and just get out there more.

My town is extremely small (600 or so?) ~ and the travel is extensive to get where the masses are... so any ideas of marketing are greatly appreciated! I look forward to meeting everyone and hope soon enough I can contribute as much as I take!

God Bless...
Prayers for Paige! (The candle idea is so great!)

Welcome Laura! Glad to 'meet' you.

Welcome Laura, and thanks for sharing your story! I hope you use that at your shows.

I look forward to meeting you - I'm wave 3 also!

Welcome!! I love your avatar. Made me smile today. :chef:

Welcome Laura - I hope PC is all you dreamed it to be and more! :)

Welcome & I love your pic!
You've lived all around me, being in KS! Don't feel bad about not introducing yourself right away.....I think I just jumped right in too a couple years ago!

icon_welcome.gif
Welcome to our little asylum. ;) Be sure to check out The Hitchhiker's Guide to CS and have a good time while you're here!I usually advise newbies to read more, post less, but in your case, it's too late anyway.
71526.gif

Welcome Laura!

Glad to hear that God used difficult circumstances to get you where you are today! He does that with most of us, I think!! LOL

Good luck with your PC business!

1. How did you find your way to Pampered Chef?

I have always been a fan of Pampered Chef products and attended many parties. One day, I saw a van with the PC logo and decided to pounce on the opportunity to become a consultant. It was my director's easiest recruit!

2. Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?

My name is Laura and I recently moved to the Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri. Before that, I lived in various places such as Omaha, NE, Bremerton, WA, Sacramento, CA, Kaneohe, HI, and Denver, CO. I have a son and four stepchildren, and I am currently a stay-at-home mom.

3. What inspired you to join Pampered Chef?

After going through a difficult time in my life, I met my husband online and we got married in Hawaii. We now have a blended family and I wanted a career that would allow me to spend more time with my children. Pampered Chef seemed like the perfect fit.

4. How has your experience been with Pampered Chef so far?

I have been with Pampered Chef since last October and it has been a great experience. I have one recruit and had a successful first 30 days, but I am currently in a bit of a slump. I am trying to break out of my fear of rejection and work on marketing strategies to reach more people in my small town.

5. Any tips for new consultants or those considering joining Pampered Chef?

My biggest tip would be to not be afraid of rejection and to just get out there and market yourself and your business. Also, don't be afraid to ask for help and advice from other consultants. And most importantly, always remember to have fun and enjoy the journey!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kathy Friedman
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
ChefLissa
  • Kim Moleski
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Trudie32