• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ok so I Have Been Depressed All Day...

In summary, John received a call from his ex-boss who needed someone to help print loan papers. John agreed to help and was paid an hourly rate up to 30 hours. John felt blah because he thought he would have to say goodbye to everyone again. The advice John was given was to not think of it as saying goodbye again, but as the chance to spend some time with people whom he apparently cares for. John also reminded himself that all of these people will be saying goodbye soon. John is excited for next week when he completes the project for his ex-bosses.
pampered1224
Silver Member
Tuesday I got a call from my ex-boss. They needed someone who knew what they were doing help them print all the loan paper work to tell customers that UMC is closing and that their loans will be transferred to US Bank. They are willing to pay my old hourly rate up to 30 hours. That's all they can do without doing all the W4 and W2 paper work and making me claim it against my Unemployment. I think, no problem. I went in last Wednesday and printed the first batch of letters. I had Thursday and Friday off from there. Well, it took me all day to figure out why I felt so blah. I thought maybe it was because the Fundraiser products I was waiting for showed three boxes and I only got two and those were 4 sets of martini glasses and nothing else. I had some stuff for people who are coming to this weekends fundraiser so I will have to run around on Sunday with it. Oh well. I will be down there anyway for Mother's day. Not that big a deal. Nope, it persisted. My ex-boss had called about 10:30 a.m. and asked me to come in Monday to start the final run of letters. I said no problem. I thought cool, Wednesday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and $600. About 5 hours later I figured out why I felt so bad. I was going to have to say good bye all over again. Not only that, but this time it would be to everyone I never got to say it too in November! I almost want to call him and tell him I can't. But I also can not afford to say no to an easy $600. anyone have any ideas how to keep myself in check until next Thursday when I am done?

I'll pray for a heart of peace for you John. I don't know if any of my advice would help, but here it is:Don't think of it as saying good-bye, again, but the chance to spend some time with people about whom you apparently care. Keep a party atmosphere, at least in your heart (hey, you're a PC Consultant AND a Cheffer - if anyone knows how to party, it's us!). Remember, too, that all these people will be saying their own good-byes soon, it's not just you. Help them realize life does go on, and can be good.By the way, I hope you're rounding up to $600. If I remember correctly (I could be wrong), you have to pay taxes on $600 or more in earnings from one employer. You really don't want them to pay you more than $599.99.

John, you have such a big, tender heart! I'm sorry you'll have to go through this all over again. {{{{{{HUGS!}}}}}}}

Thanks. Good advice. And Sarah, I will remember that! I did not know it had to be $599.99. Good to know!

Hugs, John. I agree ... think of it as saying HELLO again! We had SEVERAL people let go on a day we still call Black Monday over a year ago. Since then, we've been blessed to have a few rejoin us when positions opened, and a few who have been in to visit. ALSO tracked down one on Twitter who updates us regularly. We ALWAYS look forward to seeing them!And though your heart breaks for those who will be unemployed in the future, you may want to look at it as a low-key recruiting opportunity. When they ask, "How have you been getting by" toot the horn of the Pampered Chef!P.S. I've been out of sorts all day too ... between being sleep-deprived all week due to a crazy work schedule, getting my PC show in (which includes 4 orders not yet paid!) going on a wild goose chase at work and oh yeah, dealing with my verbally abusive insurance agent, I've not been having a great day!

Ain't life grand! I feel better today. I realized that although I have to say good bye, this time I can! I really did not get that chance last time. And yes, I feel heavy in the heart for my friends. But, I found my light at the end of my tunnel and so will they. so thanks for the words of wisdom and I am looking forward to Monday and even Wednesday when I complete the project for them.

YAY, you're feeling better. Did I say "YAY?" Well "YAY!!!!" again

Hi, John! I had to go back tot eh station to do an audit on the person who took over my position after I had left. Even though I resigned, it was tough for me. I still dreaded seeing the people I disliked, but it was nice to be able to say or do what I wanted and not have to be polite. LOL You know me, I'm all about irreverance! I am glad you are feeling better. Hey, you might even find a recruit lead!

Remember John, your not really saying good by.. your saying see you later, cause you never know when you will run into your former coworkers again. I may take a week or 10 years before you run into them again.. but odds are you will..

Well, I was at "work" last Wednesday and it was kinda like a morgue over there. Half of the people were gone already, lights are not being turned on and the air conditioning is off and will not be turned on and another bunch left last Friday with more leaving this Friday. I got to say good bye and good luck to them at least. I worked again yesterday and it was even quieter! Well, I am getting done what I need to get done for them. We ran out of paper yesterday and are waiting for more to be delivered today. My ex-boss will call today when it comes in. Depending on the time, I may or may not be there today. If not, first thing tomorrow. Out of 52,843 pages, I got roughly 24,000 pages done yesterday. The worst part, all these letters have to be post marked by Friday. I also found out that people were kept on to meet this goal. So as I am printing the letters, people are grabbing them to fold and stuff by hand and get them to mail room. Sort of depressing considering that we used to be able to send letters out to be folded and stuffed! They actually had to write out a check for the paper order and hand deliver it before the paper could be printed! Then one of the printers I was using took a dump. They called for service and had to hand the guy a check before he left. It is just very disheartening to have to see this. We were such a strong company. All over the country, millions of dollars worth of loans and now, having to pay up front for services and supplies. Well, I guess it is better than simply closing and locking the doors without any notice to anyone. Thanks everyone for the words. It really helped to see things in a better light.

I am glad you are working through this. Its tough!

1. How can I cope with my depression on a daily basis?

There are several things you can do to cope with your depression on a daily basis. Firstly, make sure you are taking care of your physical health by getting enough sleep, exercising regularly, and eating a well-balanced diet. It can also be helpful to establish a routine and set small, achievable goals for yourself each day. Additionally, practicing relaxation techniques, such as deep breathing or meditation, can help reduce symptoms of depression.

2. Should I talk to someone about my depression?

Yes, it is important to talk to someone about your depression. This could be a trusted friend or family member, a therapist, or a support group. Talking about your feelings and experiences can help you feel less alone and provide valuable support and guidance.

3. How can I support a loved one who is struggling with depression?

It can be challenging to know how to support a loved one who is struggling with depression. The best thing you can do is to listen to them without judgment and offer your support and understanding. Encourage them to seek professional help and offer to go with them to appointments. You can also help by participating in activities with them and reminding them of their strengths and accomplishments.

4. Are there any natural remedies for depression?

While there is no one-size-fits-all solution for managing depression, there are some natural remedies that may help. These include exercise, getting enough sunlight, practicing relaxation techniques, and incorporating mood-boosting foods into your diet. It is important to consult with a healthcare professional before trying any natural remedies.

5. Can depression be cured?

Depression is a complex and multi-faceted mental health condition, and there is no one cure for it. However, with proper treatment and support, many people are able to manage their symptoms and lead fulfilling lives. It is important to seek professional help and be patient with the treatment process, as finding the right treatment plan may take time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • AJPratt
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
JackieBozeman
  • schel