• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ok, Not Too Sure What to Do...fundraiser ??

In summary, the private school wants to do a school wide fundraiser in January. They want to raise about $2,000. They are used to the wrapping paper/cookie dough stuff where the organization just gives each kid a packet and gives incentives, etc. Their problem is that they want 150 families or 300 catalogs. They were thinking maybe 1 catalog per packet and 4 mini's instead. Their solution was to do a kick off show, but they don't want to do a cookbook fundraiser. They need to order supplies pretty soon for a Jan. 12 kickoff date. Their other option is to do a mini-catalog
Nanisu
Gold Member
I have a small private school that wants to do a school wide fundraiser in January. they want to raise about $2,000. They are used to the wrapping paper/cookie dough stuff where the organization just gives each kid a packet and gives incentives, etc. My problem? They want 2 catalogs per packet, that's 150 families, or 300 catalogs! I was thinking maybe 1 catalog per packet and 4 mini's instead. Don't want to seem cheap, but...I am already donating my commission minus my expenses to get them up to 25%....

They are doing a kick off show, but....thoughts????They do NOT want to do a cookbook fundraiser, tried to sway them that way.. Need to order supplies pretty soon for a Jan. 12 kickoff date.

How about doing a mini-catalog fundraiser? It contains all the newest products and our most popular products. And the entire catalog is really A LOT of stuff for kids to be trying to sell. Each kid could have 10-12 mini-catalogs for less than the cost of you giving 2 catalogs per child. And you could put a label on the mini with instructions on how to shop the entire catalog online for those who want a wider selection. That way, anyone who is familiar with us and already knows what they want can order look at the catalog on your website and those who are just ordering to help out the kid or aren't familiar with PC and want to check us out won't be overwhelmed with so many choices. (This is something I learned from my mother-in-law - if I take her to a restaurant with a large menu it takes her 45 minutes to order and she gets the exact same thing she would have gotten at a diner with a one page menu)

You could also print up online ordering instructions, postcard size - four to a page, even on colored cardstock, for the kids to leave with people who ask to order from the entire catalog. Chances are most people would happily place an order from the mini without a second thought.

If you want to get big cash to them, do a bingo game. Players buy the cards at $5 a shot, or all they can play for $40. All the money goes to the charity. As prizes, offer some moderate priced items, with a 3rd prize = $30 in PC bucks toward their order, 2nd prize $40 in PC bucks, and 1st prize $50 in PC bucks. Close the game with a fast PC demo (I did peppermint fudge cookie sandwiches when I did mine for HWC and the organization got $1200 between PC's contribution, my commission donation and cash from the night.) and take orders from folks that night.

If it was the beginning of a season, I'd say put a "go green" sticker on the front & ask them to return the catalogs so you can use them in another fundraiser. Not sure you'd really have that chance in this case ... but remember, it's advertising and a tax write off. You may not make a profit on this event, but what would you be getting out of it in the long run with bookings & new customers? Just a thought. ;)

I have found that only a percentage of families participate. Start with a kick off demo. Send an invitation encouraging them to bring friends, explaining what it's about and a link to your website for a sneak peak. Ask for rsvps so you have enough paperwork. If you're short they can share. I doubt you will need 100 catalogs for that size group. I leave about 5 with the organizer to sign out for people who can't be there.Do a quick demo and talk about how their orders are helping the group and they are benefiting too from it. Encourage them to take a catalog to get more orders. I ask everyone at checkout if they have others they can ask to look at the book and if they need to keep it or if their friend can look online. Don't forget the out of town relatives. Most say they brought their orders or yes one book or can I have two...I offer $25 more for the group for each booking (pd when the party holds and is at least $300 which adds up for the group and helps me get bookings).Another thing you can do is a 50/50 drawing. You make up a sheet with 50 boxes. Everyone pays $2 for each box they want to put their name in. When it's full cut it apart and draw a winner. That person now has $50 to spend (shipping and tax is her responsibility) and the organization gets the other $50 for each sheet filled out (plus the profit on the order). The winner does not get the option of keeping the cash.

Use the single full catalog as a selling point: When there's only one, the child has to remember where it is, and has to remind the holder that they need it back for other orders. Makes people decide.

I also agree with Beth's point. Not every family is going to participate. You can always tell the school you'll drop off more packets if they have more participation than anticipated.

I've found that the full catalog is overwhelming for the kids to use. With a catalog fundraiser I usually only include 1 mini catalog and emphasize that the full catalog is available online. I give each of the kids website directions printed out on business card size cardstock and encourage the school to post a link to my website on their school page. In your letter to parents you can also mention that the full catalog is available upon request. You can easily do more minis if you like but I don't see many other fundraisers that give the kids multiple copies of their catalogs. School wide fundraisers I've found that I have 20-30% participation if I'm lucky. I hope that helps.

1. What is the "Ok, Not Too Sure What to Do...fundraiser"?

The "Ok, Not Too Sure What to Do...fundraiser" is a unique fundraising program offered by Pampered Chef. It allows individuals and organizations to raise funds by hosting virtual cooking parties and selling Pampered Chef products.

2. How does the fundraiser work?

The fundraiser works by hosting a virtual cooking party with a Pampered Chef consultant. The consultant will provide a link for guests to shop online and a portion of the sales will go towards the fundraiser. The host can also earn free products based on the total sales from the party.

3. Is there a minimum sales requirement for the fundraiser?

Yes, there is a minimum sales requirement of $200 for the fundraiser. This amount must be met in order for the host to earn free products and for the fundraiser to receive a portion of the sales.

4. How long does the fundraiser last?

The fundraiser can last anywhere from 2-4 weeks, depending on the host's preference. During this time, guests can shop online and the host can earn free products and the fundraiser can earn a portion of the sales.

5. Are there any fees associated with the fundraiser?

No, there are no fees associated with the "Ok, Not Too Sure What to Do...fundraiser". It is completely free to host and participate in, making it a great way to raise funds for a cause or organization.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Sheila
  • raebates
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Hillary
Replies
Views
Admin Greg