• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ok Ladies (And Gentleman) Put Your Thinking Caps On...

In summary, the person is trying to convince their husband to let them join Pampered Chef again. They have just purchased a new house and are in the process of remodeling, so money is tight. The person is about to finish nursing school and could use the extra income, but the husband is hesitant about spending $65 for the mini-kit. The person is asking for ideas on how to convince their husband and mentions the host and guest specials for November and December. They also mention the Sell-A-Thon and the opportunity to earn free products for the spring. They plan to talk to friends and family about hosting parties and hope to convince their husband during a car ride to his mother's house.
Tropicalburstqt2
Gold Member
I REALLY REALLY want to join PC again (I just went permanently inactive Oct 1), but I've got to come up with a way to convince my husband that it's a good idea. We've just purchased a new house & are in the process of remodeling. We don't have many kitchen gadgets yet (just what I had in my PC kit when I started 2 years ago). I'm about to finish nursing school in December & we could really use the money, but he doesn't want me to spend the $65 for the mini-kit because we really can't afford it. So that's where I need your help. Can you PLEASE help me think of ways that I could convince him this is a good idea?! When I started PC 2 years ago, I was off to an awesome start, but that's when things started to get hectic & nursing school began. Now that things are settling down, I think it would be the perfect time to start again & I want the cookware for my new kitchen.

Sorry this was so long, but TIA.

Well, you'd earn the $65 back just in your first show alone.Tell him you'll have a yard sale and put the $$ from the yard sale towards your kit.Can you do some small odd jobs for friends and family members? Babysit? Walk dogs? Clean a home? Any way you can earn the $$ for the kit. That will show him that you're serious about this AND will address the $$ issue.But honestly, the $$ is a non-issue if he understands that you will earn the $65+ back with your first show!!!

Thanks, I could put it on my personal credit card. It's just convincing him it's a good idea. What are November's & December's host & guest specials? And are there any incentives for November recruits?

If he's concerned about $$, does he know how much you could be making with your own PC biz? I would sit down with him and break it down for him. You're going to earn around $100/show, so if you do 2 shows/week you're looking at $200/week. Then of course that grows as you build your team and grow your sales!November is 60% off Simple Additions and Dots Barware for hosts, 20% off Simple Additions for guests. December is 60% off "Holiday Favorites" for hosts (snowman app plates and serving platter, cookie press, set of 2 stackable cooling racks), for guests it's free decorator bottle set w/purchase of $60 or more.November and December are sell a thon, so you can earn free spring products when you sign up in November.

Do you have a director/recruiter you know you are going to sign under? If so, ask her/him (;)) if you could have a few catalogs and some order forms. Do a catalog, or cooking show, and show your DH that you've already earned the money to pay for your kit. Then you could submit your agreement, and submit your show the next day - and it wouldn't be any $$ out of pocket at all!

Thanks. I was wondering if I could do that Becky. My contract just expired Oct 1, so I already have fall catties. I like your thinking!! :)

You will also get free PC$ in your first 90 days (double in your first 30) to get more tools for your kitchen or even business materials. Another thing is the $65 kit is only available until the end of this year, after that you would have to purchase the full kit again. November is also the Sell-A-Thon month so you can earn even more free products for the spring. They have an incentive to get a new spring product free when you sign up in November and qualify in your first 30 days. It's usually a good item, last November was the Deep Covered Baker.

Well, since it's my birthday today, maybe I can talk him into letting me join PC again. I think I'm going hit up a few friends that may be willing to do a party & go from there. A lot of my girlfriend's have just got married or have bought a house, so this would be the perfect time for them to host a party IMO. We are heading to his mothers in a few hours for dinner, so the car ride there would be the perfect time to bring up the subject I think. I'll let you know how it goes.

Tropicalburstqt2 said:
Well, since it's my birthday today, maybe I can talk him into letting me join PC again. I think I'm going hit up a few friends that may be willing to do a party & go from there. A lot of my girlfriend's have just got married or have bought a house, so this would be the perfect time for them to host a party IMO. We are heading to his mothers in a few hours for dinner, so the car ride there would be the perfect time to bring up the subject I think. I'll let you know how it goes.

And like I mentioned before, getting those bookings on your calendar now before you sign will help ensure a great start to the business.

I think that was my problem last time I joined. I was very timid & was afraid to ask people to join. I also only did catty shows. Never have I done a kitchen show. In fact, I haven't been to a kitchen show in YEARS! I guess I need to find someone near by that will let me tag along one evening. I wish more of you were closer!! You all have such wonderful ideas & helpful hints.

I can understand your husbands concern.

The only way you are going to convince him solidly is to line up some shows before you even sign back up....get a few of your friends and family to commit to a date before re signing on and then you will make your money back in your next check, PLUS some. If you can say to him "look honey, I have a show for Nov X that Suzy wants to do and a show for this date that sara wants, etc. All I need is to sign the contract again and I can get those going to make some extra money"...that's what I would do if I were you.

Good luck...

Tropicalburstqt2 said:
Thanks. I was wondering if I could do that Becky. My contract just expired Oct 1, so I already have fall catties. I like your thinking!! :)

Wow - if you already have Fall Catalogs - Go For IT! And like others have already said too, get some more bookings while you're at it. If you are already making money, how can he say no? (since that seems to be the major concern...and I think with husbands, that is not uncommon!)

Well, I think I may have him convinced. As soon as I get all 4 bookings set in stone, I think I'm going to sign my contract. I'm going to dedicate much of my driving time between errands tomorrow to brainstorming. Heck, maybe I'll even take a few PC cds along with me for the ride. Nothing like a little motivation from the get go!!

YEA! Good for you Amy! It sounds like you are doing everything right to make your business a success. Good Job!:thumbup:

Thanks Becky! I just dug out all of my old PC cds & threw them in my purse for tomorrow. I can't believe how much stuff I have!!

It is amazing how much stuff we do accumulate. I had to get an extra 8gig micro SD card so I could rip MOST of the CD's I have for my mp3 player. Waiting until I can find a 16gig out there at a reasonable price!

Congrats Amy! Good luck!

What is "Ok Ladies (And Gentleman) Put Your Thinking Caps On..." all about?

"Ok Ladies (And Gentleman) Put Your Thinking Caps On..." is a popular Pampered Chef recipe book that features a variety of delicious and easy-to-make recipes, as well as helpful tips and techniques for using Pampered Chef products in the kitchen. It is a must-have for anyone who loves to cook or wants to learn how to use Pampered Chef products effectively.

Are the recipes in "Ok Ladies (And Gentleman) Put Your Thinking Caps On..." healthy?

Yes, all of the recipes in "Ok Ladies (And Gentleman) Put Your Thinking Caps On..." are created with health and nutrition in mind. They are designed to be both flavorful and nutritious, using fresh and wholesome ingredients. However, some recipes may contain allergens or specific dietary restrictions, so always be sure to check the ingredient list before making a recipe.

Can I purchase "Ok Ladies (And Gentleman) Put Your Thinking Caps On..." online?

Yes, "Ok Ladies (And Gentleman) Put Your Thinking Caps On..." can be purchased online through the Pampered Chef website or through a Pampered Chef consultant. You can also find it at select retail stores that carry Pampered Chef products.

Are there vegetarian or vegan options in "Ok Ladies (And Gentleman) Put Your Thinking Caps On..."?

Yes, there are several vegetarian and vegan recipes in "Ok Ladies (And Gentleman) Put Your Thinking Caps On...". These recipes are labeled accordingly and contain alternative ingredient options for those who follow a plant-based diet.

Can I use "Ok Ladies (And Gentleman) Put Your Thinking Caps On..." with other brands of kitchen products?

While "Ok Ladies (And Gentleman) Put Your Thinking Caps On..." was specifically created for use with Pampered Chef products, many of the recipes can be adapted to work with other brands of kitchen products. However, for optimal results, it is recommended to use Pampered Chef products as they are specifically designed for the recipes in the book.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• clshirk
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
luvs2cook
  • pchefinski
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • pampered1224