• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Funny Party Lite Candle Consultant Invitation Fail | Chyntha vs. Cynthia

Chyntha? What is that?In summary, the conversation is about a person who is upset because a Party lite consultant spelled their name wrong on an invitation to an open house. The person is debating whether or not they were being too harsh in their reaction and others are giving their opinions on the matter. It is mentioned that the name was handwritten and possibly just a mistake, but the person is still bothered by it and feels like they have lost a customer because of it. They also mention that their name is often misspelled.
smarteez2
Gold Member
I have a friend of a friend who sells Party lite candles. Well I was a PURCHASING guest the party my friend had for her, spent over $100. The PL consultant is nice enough everytime I see her. I saw her this evening at the bowling alley and she hands me an invitation to her open house where she will be showing all her new spring products. She say sorry I spelled your name wrong here is an invite blahhh blahhhh blahh. So I look at the invite and instead of Cynthia she has written...get this.....Chyntha.......WHAT the hell is that I ask you!! LOL I am amused but kinda upset at the same time. WTF CHYNTHA??? Seriously? That is soooo UNSAT!! LOL Anyways she just lost a customer because I am sorry but even though PC is a part time job for me, I make it a point to ensure I know my customers KWIM? What do you all think? Am I being to harsh? ( I have been known to be so just asking:) ) Feedback welcome on this one people.

I think that knowing someone's name and taking the effort to spell and pronounce it correctly goes a very long way.

was it typed? Mistyped or writing and thinking at the same time can mess you up. I wouldn't think anything of it. My name is always spelled wrong or just the wrong name. I never care. That's just me.

smarteez2 said:
I have a friend of a friend who sells Party lite candles. Well I was a PURCHASING guest the party my friend had for her, spent over $100 just asking:) ) Feedback welcome on this one people.

Chyntha:D Ooops I mean sintheea:) lol.
Cynthia don't take it so seriously. She was probably writing so feverishly she didn't realize until it was too late.:eek: Just pray that in your hurry you don't make a boo boo and call someone by the wrong name or blank as to there name all together. Hopefully they will be as understanding as you:D

Now if someone calls me and asks for MR. Laurel (Not only a mans name but a womens name TOO) or if they ask for Lawrel I know they don't know me and I say there NOT HERE!:D

JMHO Laurel NOT LAWREL:rolleyes:

As long as she said she was sorry for spelling your name wrong, she was being sincere. I wouldn't make a big fuss about it at all, that's just my opinion, you don't get through life making a big deal about minor things like someone that doesn't know you that well, spelling your name wrong. I just don't think its enough to get upset about and wonder what the H*** it was about! Sorry, I am a christian so I didn't spell it out! Don't fret over little things, let her know how to spell it for any future references. We need to show grace to receive grace in this life!

No it was handwritten
trps said:
was it typed? Mistyped or writing and thinking at the same time can mess you up. I wouldn't think anything of it. My name is always spelled wrong or just the wrong name. I never care. That's just me.

Like I said I thought it was funny but then not and all you make very good points!! See that is why I love this site.:D

Oh and I should have expanded on her and why she lost a customer because of that. It's not that alone but the icing on the cake, so to speak. Should have explained that better.. thanks again my PC peeps for letting a girl vent :eek:)

Last edited:
I can see why you are upset, but maybe she knows how to spell it and just miswrote it. I do it a lot, especially when I am attempting to multi-task... most people would trash that invite and make you a new one, but I guess she just didn't take it that far. Sorry! I know how it is for EVERYONE to misspell your name. I could smack my mom for naming me Gillian instead of Jillian because everyone says my name gill (like a fish gill) ian. Or they ask me if I know that my name is misspelled... classic!!

I would just wonder why, if she already KNEW that she misspelled your name, she didn't take 2 seconds and re-write a new invitation (or wite-out and try again).

I can see maybe not knowing how to spell it or something, but that is just crazy! I don't think I'd necessarily be MAD, but definitely irritated...I mean, maybe Cinthia or Cyntheea or Synthia or whatever but Chyntha doesn't even make sense!

I am a horrible speller!! I spell words wrong all the time, maybe she wasn't sure how to spell your name. Everybody always spells my name wrong, and I would never be harsh with anybody who did and not order from them.:)

Both my sisters have unique spellings to their name ~ Cindi & Carey ~ and have dealt with incorrect spellings all their life!
People automatically assume they are 'Cindy' & 'Carrie'. Both are delighted when someone finally gets it right so I see your point.
However, attention to detail--and spelling, for that matter--aren't everyone's forte'. Just hand her your Pampered Chef business card/magnet/catalog and she'll always have it to refer to for the correct spelling.;)

Roflmbo!!
speedychef said:
I can see maybe not knowing how to spell it or something, but that is just crazy! I don't think I'd necessarily be MAD, but definitely irritated...I mean, maybe Cinthia or Cyntheea or Synthia or whatever but Chyntha doesn't even make sense!

That's what I was thinking!! LOL I would definately have taken the time to rewrite it but that is me. :p

Cynthia... I too would have rewritten it, but maybe we are just a little on the ocd side and maybe she is just a little on the dyslexic side... if I were you I would go to the open house and drop off your newsletter with your name in big letters somewhere :)

Maybe she didn't notice that it was misspelled until she got it out at the bowling alley to give to you & she wanted to be able to hand it to you personally instead of writing a new one at home.

I understand about hating when someone spells your name wrong. My name is Christy & it's misspelled ALL the time. Sometimes people think it's Chris or Christine--which really grates my nerves! But I wouldn't think too much of it. I agree about giving her a business card & mentioning that this way she'll always be able to spell your name right.

I think that especially since she pointed it out and apoligized for it, it should not be a big deal. I am sure I have mispelled peoples name before. See could have had someone helping her too. I do not think it is anything to get upset over. We all make mistakes.

Our last name is Anglea and it is pronounced Angel. So we are constantly correcting the spelling and pronunciation of our name. My boys are Hunter and Cooper and at doctors offices etc they will call their name as Angela Cooper or Angela Hunter. I even had a nurse ask what was wrong with little Angela as she was looking at my husky little boy. I have had people tell me my name was spelled wrong and actually argue with me about how to say my last name. This year my oldest son had a substitute in his class and she was calling the roll and called him Hunter Angela. He said "here" " but my last name is Anglea (Angel). She said " Well that's not the way I am going to say it, looks like Angela to me. I continue to be patient with people about our name. I have had it for 17 years but it is new to them.:D

1. What is "Ok Just a Funny Thing..."?

"Ok Just a Funny Thing..." is a popular line of humorous kitchen products from Pampered Chef. These products are designed to add some fun and laughter to your cooking and entertaining experiences.

2. What types of products are included in the "Ok Just a Funny Thing..." line?

The "Ok Just a Funny Thing..." line includes a variety of kitchen tools and gadgets, such as spatulas, measuring cups, serving spoons, and more. Each product features a playful and humorous design to make cooking and serving more enjoyable.

3. Are the "Ok Just a Funny Thing..." products safe to use in the kitchen?

Yes, all "Ok Just a Funny Thing..." products are made with high-quality materials and are safe to use in the kitchen. They are also dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.

4. Can I give "Ok Just a Funny Thing..." products as gifts?

Absolutely! "Ok Just a Funny Thing..." products make great gifts for anyone who loves to cook or entertain. They are also perfect for housewarming gifts or as a fun addition to a gift basket.

5. How can I purchase "Ok Just a Funny Thing..." products?

You can purchase "Ok Just a Funny Thing..." products through a Pampered Chef consultant or on the Pampered Chef website. You can also host a Pampered Chef party and earn free and discounted products, including items from the "Ok Just a Funny Thing..." line.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lesliec
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • melissaboyd
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies