• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ok, I Know That I Read Somewhere That Pampered Chef Has a Layaway and How It

No, it doesn't specifically say you are not supposed to do this, but it is not something that is recommended. You might want to talk to your director about this.
feliciamck
Ok, I know that I read somewhere that PC has a layaway and how it works, but I can't remember where I saw it. I have re read my manual that came in my SS Kit, but I can't find it in there. Am I crazy, or does anyone know what I am talking about?

The layaway plan would be something that you do yourself. There is no set layaway plan for PC. Consultants just make their own up. From what I have read here, you were place the order for the item and pay part the customers money, part yours. You hold the item till they pay in full. I don't think it is anything I would make a habit of. Sounds scarey to me.

It's not a company program...but something that some consultants choose to offer. I've attached some flyers I've collected from this site. Basically, the concept is: If a customer wants a large amount of product, they pay you over time (you decide the terms). When the final payment is made, THEN the show order is turned in as a show, with the customer as the only guest and the host. Or the customer can collect outside orders also. The customer gets the host special for the month the order is actually turned in.

The down side to this is that we are actually not supposed to turn in a customer's individual order as a show. So, the best thing would be for the customer to at least collect 1 or two orders in addition to their own, or if you have some straggler orders, attach those. TPC really doesn't check this, but it's just something to be aware of.

I know some people are especially utilizing this method for "cookware lay-aways" for the Pan-O-Rama promotion.

Hope this information helps!

Attachments

• cookware Layaway Plan.doc
    598.5 KB · Views: 431
  • Lay it Away Flyer.doc
    36.5 KB · Views: 306
  • lay it away flyer[1].php.doc
    39 KB · Views: 292
  • Lay away flyer.doc
    103 KB · Views: 314
  • Lay it Away Flyer 2.doc
    36.5 KB · Views: 311
Thanks! That is a great help.
I'm not sure if it is something I will do, If the customer doesn't follow through with their payments, then I would have to give them their money back.
I just thought it would be a good way to sell the cookware!
I'm new and really exited about the Ex. Set!
Maybe I will just offer the Layaway on the complete Ex Set only...
Thanks for the flyer!

just wonderingi have had a lot of ladies in the past two weeks just buy one set of cookware and get one piece of cookware at 60% off...my director said i could put this in as a catalog show...HO has not contacted me...does it say we aren't supposed to in the recipe for success?

What is the layaway program offered by Pampered Chef?

The layaway program offered by Pampered Chef allows customers to reserve and pay for products over time, instead of paying for them all at once. This can be a helpful option for customers who may not have the funds to make a large purchase upfront.

How does the layaway program work?

To use the layaway program, customers can select the products they would like to purchase and then make a deposit of at least 10% of the total cost. The remaining balance can be paid in installments over a period of up to 60 days. Once the full payment has been made, the products will be shipped to the customer.

Are there any fees or interest associated with the layaway program?

No, there are no fees or interest charges for using the layaway program. Customers will only pay for the cost of the products and any applicable shipping fees.

What products are eligible for the layaway program?

All Pampered Chef products are eligible for the layaway program, including cookware, bakeware, kitchen tools, and more. However, some limited edition or seasonal products may not be available for layaway.

Can I cancel or change my layaway order?

Yes, customers can cancel or make changes to their layaway order at any time before the final payment is made. However, the initial deposit is non-refundable.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
gailz2
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Jilleysue
Replies
Views