• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ok, I Have a Host Who Has a Booking off Her Show but Both Plan to

In summary, Host 1 is unable to close her show until the last day of the month due to seeing family members. Host 2 is ready to go and be submitted, but Host 1 is unable to book her. If Host 1 collects an additional $150 in outside orders, she enters that as a second COOKING show and then the host can get the additional benefits and a second host special item.
kayleigh
Ok, I have a host who has a booking off her show but both plan to close at the end of the month!!!!!!!!!

The booking's show wont allow me to order the host special because there is not a host discount number associated with the contact yet.

How long does it take to get this when we submit the show? Should I call PC and see what they say to do?

Before you ask, neither are able to close any earlier, and I am trying to get everything submitted by the end of the month (not running into August) so I get my full commission for July on Aug. 8th.

Hope this makes sense?????

Re: Help!!!!!!!!!Close the first one as early in the day as you can. Then a couple hours later check the host look up link. Her PHD should be there. If not call HO and ask what the PHD number is and tell them why. They should be able to give it to you - IF the first show isn't on hold. Then put the second one in.

ETA: TELL the first host that you NEED to get her show in early (hopefully the day before at least but for sure that morning) if she wants to use the past host benefit on her friend's show.

Re: Help!!!!!!!!!Well, you may just have to bite the bullet on the 2nd show and submit it a little after the 1st so she has her host number. Hopefully Beth's way works though and you can get it. But if not, it's ultimately about the HOST's need, not our's as the consultant. (within reason)

Re: Help!!!!!!!!!I'd explain to Host No 1 that in order to get her past host benefit, she has to close and submit her show before Host No. 2 closes hers and since Host no. 2 is closing on the last day of the month here's what we need to do. Explain as diplomatically as you can that this is how the system works and if she does not close until after Host no. 2 closes, then she will lose the past host benefit. It sounds as though Host No. 1 has taken a really long time to get her show closed. Above all, I wouldn't tell her you want to get paid!!

Re: Help!!!!!!!!!ok, Host #1 is the hold up. She is unable to close until the last day of the month due to seeing all family members / friends. I have explained to her why I need her to close before hand. She cant. That is the hold up. Host #2 is ready to go and be submitted, it is host #1.

Re: Help!!!!!!!!!Can you switch it around then? Have host #2 be the first one and #1 book from her? Then have #2 do another show in the future? Or have host #1 pay for the host special and #2 go along and give it to her still? (I know that's not recommended...)

Re: Help!!!!!!!!!QUestion then....does Host #1 have the $500 in sales already to get the bonus, and is just trying to get the extra outside orders? Or is she not there yet and still trying to reach it? My hosp. NED will tell a host who won't close a show (she's pushy enough- she doesn't have hosts do this to her, but that's another story!) she will give them just 3 days after her show. When she goes to submit her show, she will ALWAYS rebook the host for a future show (date doesn't matter, it can be changed- just pick one in the future, but you have to put one in in order to count for a booking benefit- DON"T do a "potential booking".) Then, if she collects an additional $150 in outside orders, she enters that as a second COOKING show (since it was a cooking show to begin with), and then the host can get the additional benefits and a second host special item.I don't know if this would work in your situation.

Re: Help!!!!!!!!!Not sure you'd get any help on Sunday, H.O. generally closed. But maybe since it's the end of the month they'll be there if you need them to give you the PHD for host 1.

Re: Help!!!!!!!!!
babywings76 said:
Can you switch it around then? Have host #2 be the first one and #1 book from her? Then have #2 do another show in the future? Or have host #1 pay for the host special and #2 go along and give it to her still? (I know that's not recommended...)

The host and I thought about doing this, but for paperwork reasons I didnt want to if I didnt have to. : ) I may end up having to go this route though as neither Host #1 or Host #2 mind. My fear (because host #2 bought DCB) is that if there needed to be a replacement would she call me first or home office and of course the order wouldnt be in "her" name. ???? But, I may end up doing it this way.

I have never had this happen before because I dont have many people who book before the end of the month in the first place and then that host have a booking off her show???????? WOWZERS!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Help!!!!!!!!!
esavvymom said:
QUestion then....does Host #1 have the $500 in sales already to get the bonus, and is just trying to get the extra outside orders? Or is she not there yet and still trying to reach it? My hosp. NED will tell a host who won't close a show (she's pushy enough- she doesn't have hosts do this to her, but that's another story!) she will give them just 3 days after her show. When she goes to submit her show, she will ALWAYS rebook the host for a future show (date doesn't matter, it can be changed- just pick one in the future, but you have to put one in in order to count for a booking benefit- DON"T do a "potential booking".) Then, if she collects an additional $150 in outside orders, she enters that as a second COOKING show (since it was a cooking show to begin with), and then the host can get the additional benefits and a second host special item.

I don't know if this would work in your situation.

The Host #1 is no a qualified show yet. That is the hold up. She is waiting on orders (whom she will see on Saturday and Sunday). She knows she will make it to $150 so its not even that incentive. I wish it were though :)

It is a good idea though.

And I know HO is not usually open on Sundays, which was another issue.. :)

Re: Help!!!!!!!!!I know it's not what you want, but unless there is a major consequence to NOT getting paid for that Show #2 on the 8th, you may just have to submit the Show #1 on the 31st, get paid for it on the 8th, and then submit show #2 after August 1st. It's the easiest way to resolve all of this. Yes- you'll get the commission for that one on the 22nd instead, but it does make you active for August, the hosts get their benefits without risking a mistake by monkeying around with things.I know it's not ideal for you....but unless you are desperate and HAVE to have that money no matter what, I think you'll be making this more stressful for your hosts and risking future business with them.I hope it works out.

Re: Help!!!!!!!!!I just wanted to thank everyone for their help in my issue. I was able to submit host #1's order on Saturday night around midnight EST, on Sunday I was able to submit host #2's order by looking up host number with no issues. WHEW!!!! Again thanks so much for your help. : )

Re: Help!!!!!!!!!yay!! i am glad it all worked out for you kayleigh!!!
~carla

1. What is a booking off a show?

A booking off a show is when a guest at a Pampered Chef party agrees to host their own party in the future. This can happen during the party or after the party when the host follows up with their guests.

2. How does a booking off a show benefit the host?

A booking off a show benefits the host by giving them the opportunity to earn free and discounted products, as well as exclusive host rewards. It also allows them to share their love of Pampered Chef products with their friends and family.

3. How does a booking off a show benefit the consultant?

A booking off a show benefits the consultant by helping them grow their business. It allows them to reach new customers and potentially book more parties. It also helps them achieve their sales and recruitment goals.

4. What is the process for following up with a booking off a show?

The process for following up with a booking off a show is to contact the host within 24-48 hours after the party. Thank them for hosting and remind them of the booking off their show. Offer them a few date options for their party and help them choose the best one. Provide them with any necessary information or materials to help them prepare for their party.

5. Can a booking off a show be canceled or rescheduled?

Yes, a booking off a show can be canceled or rescheduled. Life happens and sometimes plans change. It's important to be understanding and flexible with the host. If they need to cancel or reschedule, work with them to find a new date that works for both of you. Remember to always communicate clearly and kindly with your host.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TwinGirlsMom
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
legacypc46
  • Bexs50
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
mommyhugz1978
  • esavvymom