• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Overcoming Obstacles: My Journey to Booking Cooking Shows

In summary, Don't spend your money on anything before the show. Try to get a cooking show for free. Contact your dad's employer and offer to bring catalogs over. Get nervous and tell your friends you're new. Have fun!
chellb1234
Ok, I've been doing this since October. I didn't have any luck in December with cooking shows being booked :( was getting a little nervous since I've done cooking shows for all my friends and had no other shows booked off of them :grumpy: I had one last show scheduled for January....

I sent out 110 letters to my apartment neighbors hosting an online catalog show just for them...NO ORDERS!!! I spent 70.00 just to send those out...got really sad about that.

As a last resort I contacted my dad's employer and asked if i could bring some catalogs over to his shop (he works for heating and air conditioning that is locally owned) His boss/owner of company said and i quote "sure" :(

So this morning my Dad brought 10 catalogs and order forms over. i thought, OK this is a "man's" shop they need to get christmas gifts for their wives right? (only 3 women work in this place) but figured it couldn't hurt to try i guess...i already waisted 70.00 and got nothing, at least this way i'm not spending money on anything

Well...my mom called me tonight to tell me at least 3 people want to host a cooking show at the beginning of the year!!!! I am so excited!!!!

and NOW, i'm getting SUPER nervous. These will be my first shows with people i technically don't know!!! can I do this and "look" like i know what i'm doing??? :eek:

Way to think outside the box!Don't worry about it! Tell them you are new. Thank them for helping and tell them what they get for hosting. When you let them know you are new they will help/understand. When you tell them what THEY get they will appreciate your efforts. Win-win.

Thanks so much for the encouragement!
This site has helped me SO much!!!

I leave old catalogs at the garage where our cars get serviced. The employees encourage it. In fact, when they want to order, they grab a catalog and call me.

good idea, i left some mini catalogs at tires plus last weekend, why not look while you wait an hour...although i spent 800 on tires. im not sure i would wanna order anything after that myself lol

You are NOT required to look like you know what you're doing!! That's what makes our job relate-able. It's important for us to make it look like someone else can do it. Because they can. That's how we recruit: Letting them know that they can do it, too!!

You can do it and you will be fine. . . .I thought the samething at my first outside the box show but it actually was much easier because I didnt know anyone. . . .

It is easier for people you don't know for some reason. I get really nervous but it gets better each time.

I agree with Toni you are going to do great! It is so much easier doing it with strangers LOL! You can do it!

Thank you all for your knowledge!!! I'm sure it will be super. Just found out that one of the one's that wants to host a show is a millionaire!!! I hope he invites his millionaire friends!!! And he's not a cheap millionaire either, he's one of those guys that if two exact items are placed in front of him and one is 10.00 more, he will get the one that is 10.00 more because it has to be better because its 10.00 more...

It's normal to be nervous! I know I was! It does get easier with every show. You'll get more comfortable. It's exciting to tell people you're new, and if you don't know an answer to a question, just say you'll find out. Then ask your director, call HO, or come here to ChefSuccess to find out.

And make sure to have fun!

I like to start my shows off by having everyone tell their name and what is their favorite Pampered Chef item.....that gets everyone talking about products. Then ask "what do you like about it". The products will sell themselves. Then you can tell people what they can get for FREE if they host a show. I share that is how I have gotten most of my Pampered Chef over the 18-20 years that I have bought PC before becoming a consultant. Then I share what they get by becoming a consultant......and I add that I truely love my job!!

Thank you! I'm getting excited to actually do a show where i wont know anyone. My boyfriend was wondering when it was gonna start too. He's like "you know you've made it when your "circle of friends" are gone and you can still keep busy"

I do a variation on the favorite item since there are so many. I ask for the "Holy Cow" items. You know what they are. Those products that you decided were too expensive or that you didn't need to upgrade, but when you did, you went "Holy Cow! This ____ is awsome!! Why did I wait so long to buy it?"

I have many "Holy Cow" items:
Vegetable Peeler
Mix "N Masher (couldn't get my head around this one until I had it in my hands and actually used it)
DCB (only reason I bought one was to have a sample for shows, now I have to wash it to use it for shows!)
MFP (ChefNelson can attest to this one, she rode with me to Spring Launch last year, I was completely UNimpressed with it and couldn't figure out the fuss until I bought one for myself)
Oven Pads (twice the size of all my other ones!!!)

I think "Holy Cow" testimonials are almost better than favorites because they are things that you held off on for whatever reason and later wished you hadn't.

Wow, good idea! Thank you...and i'm new, so...ahem...what is a MFP???:blushing:

Manual Food Processsor

You will notice that a lot of products are referred to here by their initials. DCB, Deep Covered Baker
MFP, Manual Food Processor
FC, Food Chopper
EAD Easy Accent Decorator
to name a few

lt1jane said:
Manual Food Processsor

You will notice that a lot of products are referred to here by their initials. DCB, Deep Covered Baker
MFP, Manual Food Processor
FC, Food Chopper
EAD Easy Accent Decorator
to name a few

Yep, when I was new here I just kept trying to figure out what a DCB was. It took me forever because when I did a search for "DCB" nothing came up. :D

Do you have a booking slide? I use that at every show and it really does help get bookings.

Do not attempt to be perfect .. you just might succeed! If you look perfect it looks too hard to duplicate and then everyone thinks they cannot possibly do it. People need to be able to relate to you.

Good Luck! :) And January is an awesome month for shows ... FREE products for you!

Even after many 100's of shows, some of us get a little tongue tied when faced with the guests at a show - all those people looking at you! I find Questions are the Answer! By inviting people to share - what do you cook for dinner, who are you cooking for, who loves to bake (love the Holy Cow thing!) - people love to talk, and you are able to address each comment (the short version is usually the way to go!) and it breaks the ice and pretty soon you're doing your demo and talking about the products and before you know it, you're done and it was a grat show! Congrtulations on thinking outside the box of bookings!

1. What can I expect at a Pampered Chef party?

At a Pampered Chef party, you can expect to see live cooking demonstrations, learn new recipes, and have the opportunity to purchase high-quality kitchen products. Our consultants will guide you through the party and answer any questions you may have.

2. Will I be pressured to make a purchase at the party?

No, there is no pressure to make a purchase at a Pampered Chef party. Our goal is for you to have a fun and educational experience. However, if you do choose to make a purchase, our consultants will be available to assist you.

3. What types of products does Pampered Chef offer?

Pampered Chef offers a wide range of kitchen products, including cookware, bakeware, knives, small appliances, and pantry items. We also have a variety of recipes and meal ideas to help you make the most of your new products.

4. How long does a Pampered Chef party last?

On average, a Pampered Chef party lasts about 2 hours. However, the length of the party can vary depending on the number of guests and the type of party (in-home or virtual).

5. Do I need to bring anything to the party?

No, you do not need to bring anything to the party. Our consultants will provide all the necessary materials for the cooking demonstrations and product information. However, you may want to bring a notepad to jot down any recipe or product notes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
MicheleC
  • AJ-1
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
chefsteph07
  • Humble Beginnings
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies