• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Leaking Spritzer Bottle: Normal or Not?

In summary, a customer has reported that their spritzer is leaking and leaving oil residue on their hands. Others have not experienced this issue and suggest cleaning it regularly with warm water and dish soap. It is also recommended to release the pressure through the nozzle after each use. If the problem persists, the spritzer should be exchanged or the replacement pump should be used.
KayPT
Someone who bought the spritzer says (and I saw it as well) it is leaking all around the side of the bottle. Your hand gets covered in oil if you grab it. She thinks it is from releasing the pressure when you are done. It doesn't bother her, but it would really bother me. Is this a normal thing or should I tell her to send it back? I also want one of these, but not if it does that. Thanks.

Never had that problem and I have three of them.

I have the old style one, and have owned it for over a year, with absolutely no problems. I've also never heard of this problem. If it's still under warranty, I suggest doing an adjustment.

I have one. I do notice that I have to wash it off every couple of months. I just use dawn and warm water. Anything that is in my kitchen and sits near the stove gets a bit greasy and needs to be washed occasionally, and it may just be from normal cooking. I know what you're talking about, but I wouldn't say it is leaking, it is just a kitchen tool that needs to be cleaned every so often. Mine did come with a second lid, maybe she should try that one if it is a problem.

If it's truly leaking, it should be exchanged. If it's simply a little slick or sticky and sits somewhat near the stove it's probably from cooking oils in the air.

Mine is oily on the outside, too. I figured it was the nature of the beast. :D I thought it was due to the mist and that since it's pumped it was sure to excrete a little oil around the collar and that's what gradually builds up or drips down. I keep mine in a cupboard away from the stove. I release the pressure after each use. So is it not normal then to be oily on the outside? Hmm, maybe I should get a new one then? Mine's a few years old, but has been this way from the beginning.

Nope, that's not normal.

I just got this e-mail:Hi Amanda,
I was at Xxxxxx's Pampered Chef party and I ordered the spray bottle for vegetable oil. My question is I pump the bottle before I use it and then I spray, however, it sprays for a little then it goes to a stream rather than spray. Am I doing something wrong? After I am finished using it, I open the cap and release the pressure before I store in cupboard.
What do you think I should tell her? Should I double check that she's pumping it enough first? Should I recommend she use the replacement pump that came with it? Is there something wrong w/ hers and she should get a new one? She bought it in November '09.

babywings76 said:
I just got this e-mail:

Hi Amanda,
I was at Xxxxxx's Pampered Chef party and I ordered the spray bottle for vegetable oil. My question is I pump the bottle before I use it and then I spray, however, it sprays for a little then it goes to a stream rather than spray. Am I doing something wrong? After I am finished using it, I open the cap and release the pressure before I store in cupboard.

What do you think I should tell her? Should I double check that she's pumping it enough first? Should I recommend she use the replacement pump that came with it? Is there something wrong w/ hers and she should get a new one? She bought it in November '09.

It sounds like it is starting to clog. She isn't releasing the pressure correctly. You need to release the pressure through the nozzle (not the bottle). In order to release the pressure, do it like a spray paint can. Once you are done using it, turn it upside-down in the sink and spray it until the oil is gone. This keeps the oil from building up in the "straw" and clogging it and the nozzle off.

I never realized I was supposed to release it like this. I just clean mine out when it starts doing this, but guess I am doing it wrong.

darlinclem said:
It sounds like it is starting to clog. She isn't releasing the pressure correctly. You need to release the pressure through the nozzle (not the bottle). In order to release the pressure, do it like a spray paint can. Once you are done using it, turn it upside-down in the sink and spray it until the oil is gone. This keeps the oil from building up in the "straw" and clogging it and the nozzle off.

It is advisable to release the pressure (I usually just twist the top of the cap, like I"m going to refill it). BUT it sounds like she's just not pumping it enough. If she only gives it a couple of pumps, and then sprays, she didn't give it enough pressure to keep going. I pump mine until there is resistance, and then I can spray much longer before it becomes just a stream.

After quite awhile (for me, more than a year usually), it will eventually not hold pressure or just give a stream, in which case, she'd want to switch to the replacement pump. So I'd ask her to pump it until she feels good resistance (almost like she can't pump it anymore without PUSHING (don't do that though)), and then give that a try.

I love my Spritzer ... but what is the best way to clean it? Wash it in soap and water (spraying so the "straw" gets cleaned out?) I mean, it obviously isn't dishwasher safe.

I have one and it is messy on the outside too at times. I have washed it by hand washing and then squirting the soapy water through the nozzle and then clean rinse water.

JulieAnn123 said:
I have one and it is messy on the outside too at times. I have washed it by hand washing and then squirting the soapy water through the nozzle and then clean rinse water.

Thanks JulieAnn. It appears that the simple, direct way works the best. I'll give it the old college try.

I always wrap a paper towel around the cap before I release the pressure. That way the little spray of oil is captured by the towel and doesn't stay on the spritzer.

I love my spritzer. I also wash mine the way JulieAnn suggests.

1. Is it normal for my spritzer bottle to leak?

Yes, it is normal for some leakage to occur when using a spritzer bottle. The pressure from pumping the sprayer can cause excess liquid to seep out of the nozzle. However, if the leakage is excessive or persistent, there may be an issue with the bottle and it should be replaced.

2. How can I prevent my spritzer bottle from leaking?

To prevent leakage, make sure the nozzle is tightened securely onto the bottle. Also, avoid overfilling the bottle and be sure to pump the sprayer gently to avoid excess pressure.

3. Is there a specific way to store the spritzer bottle to prevent leaks?

It is best to store the spritzer bottle upright in a cool, dry place. Avoid storing it in direct sunlight or in areas with extreme temperatures, as this can cause the bottle to expand or contract and potentially lead to leaks.

4. Can I use the spritzer bottle for hot liquids?

No, the spritzer bottle is not designed for use with hot liquids. Hot liquids can cause the bottle to warp or melt, leading to leaks and potential safety hazards. It is best to only use the spritzer bottle with cold or room temperature liquids.

5. What should I do if my spritzer bottle continues to leak despite proper use and storage?

If your spritzer bottle is consistently leaking, please contact our customer service team for assistance. They can provide troubleshooting tips and may be able to replace the bottle if necessary.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • PampMomof3
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ladybug
  • Lisa/ChefBear