• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sudden Leak Problem with My Spritzer: Help Needed!

In summary, the Kitchen Spritzer has been working fine and all of a sudden it just puts out a stream of oil. I have tried hot water to no avail. Suggestions anyone?
cochef
Gold Member
My Spritzer has been working fine and all of a sudden it just puts out a stream of oil. I have tried hot water to no avail. Suggestions anyone? Thanks.

I'd check with HO. Usually it just clogs- so this is a bit unusual. They should still be able to help with a problem from the old style. Please share with us what the response is. It might help someone else.

I did check with HO and here is their response. Hopefully it will help others who might have the same problem.Below are some troubleshooting and deep cleaning tips.
On occasion, the Kitchen Spritzer may develop a streaming of oil compared to a spritz. The Kitchen Spritzer works best with oils recommended in the Use & Care: canola, vegetable, olive and grapeseed oil.
First, we want to make sure you have your washers properly in place.
1. Unscrew white cap on bottle and remove.
2. With white cap upside down, press the spraying mechanism to one side to release.
3. There should be one thin washer below the nozzle ledge with a thicker white plastic ring with washer. This should be pressed up against the thinner washer.
Also keep these additional tips in mind for best results:
* Only fill oil up to the fill line. Do not go above the fill line. This could possibly cause streaming instead of a spritz.
* Pump clear cap until a strong resistance is felt.
* Spray with bottle in vertical position. If bottle is angled downward too much, this could cause more of a stream vs. spritz.
* After use, depressurize the bottle by unscrewing the white cap. A releasing of pressure will be heard. Screw top back on for storage.
* Deep cleaning the nozzle can also help resolve any output issues:
1. Unscrew white cap on bottle and remove.
2. With white cap upside down, press the spraying mechanism to one side to release.
3. Pull off the white nozzle and clean the nozzle by soaking in warm soapy water for 20 minutes. After soaking, rinse the nozzle and underneath areas with warm water; towel dry.
4. Snap nozzle back into place; reattach the spray mechanism to the white cap.
5. Rinse rest of the spray mechanism with warm water.
6. Fill unit with warm water and spray as you would with oil. Repeat several times to clear the unit. Open and empty the Spritzer and towel dry.
7. Once dry, refill the Kitchen Spritzer with oil, replace cap and use.

I'm a TPC consultant and use my Kitchen Spritzer all the time. I came up with my own cleaning method whislch works great.
-Empty and rinse any oil that's in the bottle
-fill with hot water to fill line and add dish soap
-pump and spray so soap goes through. I spray it until it empties out the bottle
-repeat with plain hot water to rinse. You may need to do this twice
-dry the container then Pump only air to get the water out of the mechanism. You may need to do this twiceI do this about every 2 or 3 times I fill it. It takes about 5 minutes and I've had good luck with it. It is important to not overfill and to release the pressure when you're finished. I hope this helps you! Tanya, Fountain Colorado

Last edited:
I've used vinegar to clean mine, since vinegar cuts oil.

Well, guess I'll try the vinegar since nothing else has helped yet.

Did you try it?
Ugh, my glass spritzer got shoved in the back of the cabinet & the oil smells a bit ...off.
I actually clean my spritzers with soap & water like Mimi posted.
Soap & water first, using hot water and spritz it out, first.
Then I use the vinegar.One thing I did notice, when I put it back together to spritz out the vinegar, it was shooting a solid stream instead of spritzing. I undid it, and the little ring was off-center. Once I put it back, it spritzed like it's supposed to do.

I did the hot soapy water and rinsed it in very hot water. That seemed to do the trick. I also noticed that it seems to spray better when it slightly tipped and not held upright; and the nozzle seems to wiggle a bit, making a difference. With all that, it seems to be working for now. Thanks for all your help.

1. What could be causing the sudden leak in my Spritzer?

There are a few potential reasons for a sudden leak in your Spritzer. It could be due to a damaged or worn-out seal, a loose or cracked nozzle, or a clogged sprayer mechanism.

2. How can I fix the sudden leak in my Spritzer?

The first step is to identify the source of the leak. If it is a damaged seal or nozzle, you may need to replace those parts. If the sprayer mechanism is clogged, try cleaning it with warm water and dish soap. If the leak persists, contact customer service for further assistance.

3. Can I prevent the sudden leak from happening in the future?

Yes, there are a few steps you can take to prevent a sudden leak in your Spritzer. Be sure to properly tighten the nozzle after each use, avoid using the Spritzer with hot liquids, and clean it regularly to prevent clogs.

4. Is the sudden leak covered under warranty?

Our products come with a limited lifetime warranty, so if the sudden leak is a result of a manufacturing defect, it may be covered. Please reach out to our customer service team with your warranty information for further assistance.

5. Can I still use my Spritzer if it is leaking?

We do not recommend using the Spritzer if it is leaking, as this can affect the functionality and performance of the product. It is best to address the leak and ensure it is fixed before using the Spritzer again.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cooking.with.ann
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • jnsr96
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • DebPC