• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Effective Cleaning Techniques for Clogged Oil Spritzers

In summary, the expert recommends cleaning the Suds Pump and Kitchen Spritzer with hot water and vinegar.
PamperMeDawn
Hi all,
I have a guest who asked me about cleanning techniques for the spritzer. She said that it is clogged. I thought I would bring the question here for the experts. Is there any tips or advice you can share with me?
Thanks

I've been successful with just running hot water on it.

Here is a document I have saved for the suds pump and kitchen spritzers....

Pumpin’ & Spritzin’ with Ease

The following information can help you maximize the effectiveness of our popular products—The Suds Pump™ and the Kitchen Spritzer.

With a solid understanding regarding use and care of The Suds Pump and the Kitchen Spritzer, you’ll be able to avoid the sticking or clogging of the mechanism that can occur due to the thickening of oil and soap when they are exposed to the air. Follow these steps to keep you Suds Pump pumpin’ and your Kitchen Spritzer spritzin’:

Using the Suds Pump
•Always mix the soap and water. To do this, fill as directed and turn the Suds Pump up and down a few times.
•If using a concentrated soap, use less soap as directed on the soap bottle label. For example, if the label suggests using 1/3 the amount of recommended soap, then only fill ½ of the way up to the soap fill line on the Suds Pump bottle. Fill the water all the way to the water fill line.
•Use the cap! To prevent soap from drying out in the pump mechanism, always keep the cap secure on the pump.
•When ready to fill, empty the contents and clean as directed in the instruction box to the left.

Cleaning the Suds Pump
The Suds Pump has seven parts that need to be pulled apart for cleaning. We recommend you do this over a surface that has edges, so that no parts are lost.
1.Remove the cap and unscrew the bottle from the pump/collar.
2.Remove the long, thin 3 ½“ tube from the pump by gently pulling on it.
3.Pull the clear cup piece that fits into the pump to/collar by slowly twisting downward. The ball bearing will come out at this point. Do not misplace the ball bearing.
4.Finally, pull gently on the spring, and an addition plastic tube with a spring will pull away. This leaves you with the white pump and collar.
5.Soak all parts in extremely hot (not boiling) water. Let all parts dry completely—overnight, if possible. To reassemble, follow above steps in reverse.

Using the Kitchen Spritzer
•Be sure to store your Spritzer away from extreme heat. Remember, even your refrigerator gives off heat, so keep the Spritzer away from the outside surface of your refrigerator! Heat will thicken the oil.
•The pumping action brings oil up into the tube. When using, be sure to spray all the oil out with each use. If there is extra oil in the Spritzer after using, simply loosen the collar which will release the pressure created by pumping. The oil will then flow back into the bottle. Retighten and cap to store between uses. If the pump stays pressurized and oil remains in the mechanism too long, it can cause sticking.
•Change the oil in you Spritzer approximately every two months. Prior to refilling, clean your Spritzer completely using the steps below.

Cleaning the Kitchen Spritzer
The Kitchen Spritzer has five parts that need to be pulled apart for cleaning.
1.Remove the cap and pull out the white inner tube.
2.Unscrew the collar and spray nozzle from the bottle.
3.Remove the collar from the spray nozzle portion. The remaining tube and collar assembly should not be pulled apart.
4.Soak all five parts in a solution of very hot (not boiling) water and vinegar. Use a ratio of 1 cup water and 1 tablespoon of distilled white vinegar. Let all parts dry completely before reassembling.

With both products, be sure to follow the instructions in the products’ Use and Care Cards, as well as the Product Information Guide.

Thanks for sharing those tips, Kelly. I have stopped using my spritzer because it's all gummy on the outiside and soaking it isn't getting the stickiness off the outside... I'll try the water and vinegar trick. I hope it works! :)

I thought my Spritzer was defective when I first filled it. Turned out that I had filled
it completely to the top with oil, when I should have only filled it half way. NOTE: there
is a line half way up the side showing us how much oil to put into it. Could that be part
of your Spritzer not working? Also, baking soda will do no harm, if you want to try dissolving it in hot water, and then soak all of the components to see if it will freshed the surface of your Spritzer. Hot soapy water soaks have worked for me. Then reassemble, with just hot water to test the spray action, before refilling with oil.

Thanks for those. I am printing them for people who purchase the Spritzer as a little "extra" for them! :)

I knew you guys would know what to do. Thanks so much. I love this place I get more help from you guys than anyone else.

Biggest tip - when you are done sprizing, "burp" the bottle - unscrew the cap so all the built-up pressure subsides. This relaxes the seals and doesn't keep pressure in the spritzing system. It will make it last much much longer!

Thank you Kelly for posting that. I have been having so many complaints about the KS. I love mine, but I just got it, so this is very helpful! And thank you, Scott for the burping tip!!

I advise my customers....Only add a half an inch of oil at a time...and then clean before filling again! I've had mine for 10 years.

I think I have mold in the top of my spritzer where you can't clean. I soaked and sprayed soapy water and vinegar through it. Is there any thing else I can do?

What is an oil spritzer and how does it work?

An oil spritzer is a kitchen tool that allows you to spray a fine mist of oil onto your food or cooking surface. It works by using a pump mechanism to pressurize air and force the oil through a nozzle, creating a fine mist.

What type of oil should I use in my oil spritzer?

We recommend using a high-quality, neutral-tasting oil such as canola or vegetable oil. Avoid using thick or flavored oils, as they can clog the nozzle and affect the spray pattern.

How do I clean my oil spritzer?

Cleaning your oil spritzer is simple and easy. First, disassemble the spritzer by unscrewing the top and removing the nozzle. Wash all parts with warm soapy water and rinse thoroughly. Dry all parts completely before reassembling and storing.

Can I use my oil spritzer for other liquids besides oil?

While our oil spritzer is designed specifically for use with oil, some customers have successfully used it for other liquids such as vinegar or lemon juice. However, we recommend using a separate spritzer for each type of liquid to prevent cross-contamination and maintain optimal performance.

How can I adjust the spray pattern on my oil spritzer?

The spray pattern on our oil spritzer is adjustable by twisting the nozzle. For a finer mist, twist the nozzle clockwise. For a wider, more dispersed spray, twist the nozzle counterclockwise. Experiment with different spray patterns to find the one that works best for your needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • jillchef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Mandy Hannan
  • zookeeper614