• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Safe Storage of Oil-Dipped Spices

In summary, oil and spices can be stored for a short time in the pantry without any problems. They can also be stored in a refrigerator for a short time.
darlinclem
Gold Member
How long can you have the oil dipping spices out safely, once made? How do you store them (once it is made)? Nothing is said about if they need to be refrigerated or how long they keep if not refrigerated. Weird I know but I would like to make them ahead more than an hour or so (sometimes a day would work LOL).

I've had them sit out most a day at work without any problems or anyone ill. I have stored leftovers in the fridge in the bamboo bowls for 2 days and brought them out and stirred them to each without a problem.They are so easy to make though that I don't make them ahead.

darlinclem said:
How long can you have the oil dipping spices out safely, once made? How do you store them (once it is made)? Nothing is said about if they need to be refrigerated or how long they keep if not refrigerated. Weird I know but I would like to make them ahead more than an hour or so (sometimes a day would work LOL).

Its oil & spices, I don't think theres anything to go bad....

Ginger is right. In most cases, oil won't spoil. I mean think about it, you open the vegetable or conaola peanut oil and put it in the pantry - not the fridge - after it is open. And don't compare this to commercial salad dressings that are oil based. 99% of them have fresh minced onion or garlic in them so that is what spoils if left out. Not the oil itself. We used dried herbs and veggies so there is a big difference. What I would not do though is leave them sitting in a hot place like your car. Heat is what breaks down oils and makes them go bad. Even in my pantry, I have a window. I make very sure the bottled oils do not sit in sun light. I think I got that information from America's Test Kitchen.

Hi there! As a Pampered Chef consultant, I am happy to answer your questions about our oil dipping spices. Our oil dipping spices can be safely kept out for up to 2 hours, as long as they are not exposed to direct sunlight or extreme temperatures. After that time, we recommend refrigerating them to maintain freshness. Once made, it is best to store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. This will help preserve the flavors and keep them from spoiling. If properly stored, our oil dipping spices can last up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator. I hope this helps and happy cooking!

1. How should I store my oil-dipped spices?

It is recommended to store oil-dipped spices in an airtight container or jar in a cool, dry place. This will help to prevent the spices from losing their flavor and becoming rancid.

2. Can I store oil-dipped spices in the refrigerator?

Yes, storing oil-dipped spices in the refrigerator can help to extend their shelf life. Just make sure to keep them in an airtight container to prevent moisture from getting in.

3. How long can I store oil-dipped spices?

The shelf life of oil-dipped spices can vary depending on the type of spice and the storage conditions. In general, it is recommended to use them within 6 months for maximum flavor and freshness.

4. Can I freeze oil-dipped spices?

Yes, you can freeze oil-dipped spices in an airtight container or freezer bag. This can extend their shelf life up to a year, but it may affect the flavor and texture of the spices.

5. What is the best way to label and organize oil-dipped spices?

Labeling and organizing your oil-dipped spices can help you keep track of their expiration dates and prevent them from getting lost in your pantry. Use clear labels with the name of the spice and the date it was prepared. You can also organize them alphabetically or by type of spice to make them easier to find.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefheidi2003
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
  • esavvymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
TheNewMrsRue
  • ChefetteDuJour