1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Oil Dipping Spices

1. darlinclem

darlinclem Advanced Member Gold Member

How long can you have the oil dipping spices out safely, once made? How do you store them (once it is made)? Nothing is said about if they need to be refrigerated or how long they keep if not refrigerated. Weird I know but I would like to make them ahead more than an hour or so (sometimes a day would work LOL).

Aug 28, 2009
  2. janetupnorth

janetupnorth Legend Member Gold Member

I've had them sit out most a day at work without any problems or anyone ill. I have stored leftovers in the fridge in the bamboo bowls for 2 days and brought them out and stirred them to each without a problem.

They are so easy to make though that I don't make them ahead.

Aug 28, 2009
  3. Ginger428

Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

Its oil & spices, I don't think theres anything to go bad....

Aug 28, 2009
  4. pampered1224

pampered1224 Legacy Member Silver Member

Ginger is right. In most cases, oil won't spoil. I mean think about it, you open the vegetable or conaola peanut oil and put it in the pantry - not the fridge - after it is open. And don't compare this to commercial salad dressings that are oil based. 99% of them have fresh minced onion or garlic in them so that is what spoils if left out. Not the oil itself. We used dried herbs and veggies so there is a big difference. What I would not do though is leave them sitting in a hot place like your car. Heat is what breaks down oils and makes them go bad. Even in my pantry, I have a window. I make very sure the bottled oils do not sit in sun light. I think I got that information from America's Test Kitchen.

Aug 28, 2009
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted