• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover the Versatility of Oil Dipping Seasonings

wait for it...an unofficial spokesperson for the product!You have yours already? No Fair!:\And I love your reference to a Remi moment! Love that movie!
leftymac
I love these seasonings. But what I find interesting (ironic, maybe? you English teacher peeps can help me) is that none of the pictures that promote these products actually use them as oil dips.

The new Spinach & Smoky Red Pepper seasoning has it as a creamy mayo-based dip, and the Lemon & Rosemary uses it on breadsticks. Even the Parmesan & Garlic is pimped more for popcorn use than oil dips.

Why not just call them seasoning mixes then?

Good Question.

For the new Spinach one, I am assuming it's actually just a repackaging of a dip mix we used to carry. It was in a set of 3 dip mixes. It has the same name as that one, anyway.

When I demo them at shows, it's always as an oil dipping seasoning, and then I talk about the other ways to use them. Maybe that's what PC is doing. It's a given that you can use them as an oil dipping seasoning, but maybe they are trying to create added value and more interest by showing them being used in other ways.

ChefBeckyD said:
Good Question.

For the new Spinach one, I am assuming it's actually just a repackaging of a dip mix we used to carry. It was in a set of 3 dip mixes. It has the same name as that one, anyway.

When I demo them at shows, it's always as an oil dipping seasoning, and then I talk about the other ways to use them. Maybe that's what PC is doing. It's a given that you can use them as an oil dipping seasoning, but maybe they are trying to create added value and more interest by showing them being used in other ways.

I think so too. But I think that calling them Oil Dipping Seasonings limits their added value in a catalog. so, I guess it's up to us to talk about them in the other uses.

leftymac said:
I think so too. But I think that calling them Oil Dipping Seasonings limits their added value in a catalog. so, I guess it's up to us to talk about them in the other uses.

Yeah - that's why I always demo them as the oil dipping seasonings. I'm pretty good at painting word pictures for the other uses. :chef:

Here is one of my new favorites for the Sun Dried Tomato seasoning -

8 ounces of Sun-dried tomatoes in oil (I buy them in a BIG jar at Costco)
8 ounce tub of cream cheese
1 Tbls. of Sun Dried Tomato Seasoning (I use a heaping spoonful)

Don't blot dry the tomatoes, you want a little oil dripping from them - blend all three ingredients in a food processor until smooth.

This is WONDERFUL with crackers, breads, as a spread for wrap sandwiches, as a filling for tomatoes & celery, right off the spoon, etc....

ChefBeckyD said:
Yeah - that's why I always demo them as the oil dipping seasonings. I'm pretty good at painting word pictures for the other uses. :chef:

Here is one of my new favorites for the Sun Dried Tomato seasoning -

8 ounces of Sun-dried tomatoes in oil (I buy them in a BIG jar at Costco)
8 ounce tub of cream cheese
1 Tbls. of Sun Dried Tomato Seasoning (I use a heaping spoonful)

Don't blot dry the tomatoes, you want a little oil dripping from them - blend all three ingredients in a food processor until smooth.

This is WONDERFUL with crackers, breads, as a spread for wrap sandwiches, as a filling for tomatoes & celery, right off the spoon, etc....

I could make that right now with stuff I have in the house! Damn you, Weight Watchers.

I have to say I had a Remi moment when I tried the Lemon and Rosemary mix....knocked my socks off and I started singing loudly. It is WONDERFUL!

Already have some ordered on my supply list plus my free jar!

To LIVE for! CK

Becky, I just made it. I had neufchâtel cheese. So good!

leftymac said:
Becky, I just made it. I had neufchâtel cheese. So good!

That's what I usually use too. Seriously, I eat this from a spoon.

Now, for a variation! :sing:

Sometimes I use half Sun Dried Tomatoes, and Half Marinated Artichoke Hearts. YUM!

ChefCKHall said:
I have to say I had a Remi moment when I tried the Lemon and Rosemary mix....knocked my socks off and I started singing loudly. It is WONDERFUL!

Already have some ordered on my supply list plus my free jar!

To LIVE for! CK

You have yours already? No Fair!

And I love your reference to a Remi moment! Love that movie!

Becky, Pixar writes those movies for me.....at least I seem to show up in each one! And I got a taste of it at the product showcase.....begged for it....

OMG, you are going to love it...I see all kinds of recipes in its future!

1. What are oil dipping seasonings?

Oil dipping seasonings are a blend of herbs, spices, and sometimes cheese that are meant to be mixed with olive oil to create a flavorful dip for bread or vegetables.

2. How do I use oil dipping seasonings?

To use oil dipping seasonings, simply mix 1-2 tablespoons of the seasoning with 1/4 cup of olive oil. You can also mix in balsamic vinegar or parmesan cheese for added flavor. Dip bread or vegetables into the mixture and enjoy!

3. Can I use any type of oil with oil dipping seasonings?

While olive oil is the most commonly used oil with dipping seasonings, you can also use other types of oils such as avocado oil or grapeseed oil. Just be sure to use a high-quality oil for the best flavor.

4. Are oil dipping seasonings only for dipping bread?

No, oil dipping seasonings can also be used as a marinade for meats, as a seasoning for roasted vegetables, or mixed into salad dressings. The possibilities are endless!

5. How should I store my oil dipping seasonings?

It is best to store your oil dipping seasonings in an airtight container in a cool, dry place. This will help to preserve the flavor and freshness of the seasonings for longer periods of time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• krahema
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • kcnancy
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
kcnancy
  • kcnancy