• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Sales with Oil Dipping Seasonings for Event Sampling

In summary, these seasonings give tons of flavor so not much is needed on bread to make a great impression on the guests.You can easily double the oil (just make sure you're using a good quality oil) without making much difference. You could probably even triple the oil. . .just give it time to combine flavors. "Oil dipping" is usually done at restaurants without any seasoning just a very good quality olive oil. That's why I think you can get away with a little less of our mix. This also means you can tell your guests how to make the product last longer.You can easily double the oil (just make sure you're using a good quality oil) without making much difference. You
chefpenny99
Gold Member
I want to take these to my show tomorrow for the guests to sample. I read the directions on the package and it doesn't sound like one "batch" makes that much. Here's my question for those of you who have used these at shows: Do you double or triple the amount? (BTW, I'm expecting 10-15 peopel at this show.) TIA

Leave it like it is for the serving suggestions! The seasonings give tons of flavor so not much is needed on bread to make a great impression on the guests.

You can easily double the oil (just make sure you're using a good quality oil) without making much difference. You could probably even triple the oil. . .just give it time to combine flavors. "Oil dipping" is usually done at restaurants without any seasoning just a very good quality olive oil. That's why I think you can get away with a little less of our mix. This also means you can tell your guests how to make the product last longer.

Last edited:
chefjeanine said:
You can easily double the oil (just make sure you're using a good quality oil) without making much difference. You could probably even triple the oil. . .just give it time to combine flavors. "Oil dipping" is usually done at restaurants without any seasoning just a very good quality olive oil. Tat's why I think you can get away with a little less of our mix. This also means you can tell your guests how to make the product last longer.

Yes, I always double the oil (at least), and I'm selling a ton of the seasonings!

I tried the parm one the other evening YUM!!

Yes, just add more oil. Everyone is loving them!

I've never read the instructions - I just pour some EVOO in a bowl and sprinkle in some seasoning.

Thanks for the tips everyone! I think that I'll double the oil.

A little late....but I made snack crackers out of them....

3cup oyster/soup crackers
1/8 cup oil
1T seasoning

Bake at 250 for about 15 min till crisp.

Great snack and people loved them!
I sold some and many got hem for free

nancycookspc said:
A little late....but I made snack crackers out of them....

3cup oyster/soup crackers
1/8 cup oil
1T seasoning

Bake at 250 for about 15 min till crisp.

Great snack and people loved them!
I sold some and many got hem for free

Ooooh I want some now! What a great idea. Thank you for sharing.

What a great idea with the oyster crackers. Thanks for sharing.
I wonder if you could also do it with the chex corn or rice ones?
Those would be good too if it works.

has anyone tried making a dip with the sour cream & mayo with these?

I added the Parm/Garlic to the garlic bites last night. YUM!

I sprinkled some of the Parm Garlic over some spaghetti sauce last night. Very Yummy!

I used Tomato Herb on sauteed chicken the other day. Delish!

pcjo said:
has anyone tried making a dip with the sour cream & mayo with these?

I didn't try it with the Parm or Tomato seasonings yet, but I did with the Southwestern Seasoning- it has a sour cream/mayo recipe on the back that was very tasty! So I would be using the Parm/Garlic and Tomato would also be pretty good. I'd bet you'd follow the same ratio of spice to creams.

I made the dipping oils yesterday for a large show - had them ready for them when they arrived. Most of them loved it.

I had a lady come up to me and asked if she could make a large amount of this in the quick stir pitcher - she is having a very large open house for her new business and thought of the quick stir because it would be easy to keep it mixed and to pour when refilling the bowls. She thought that it would be easy on her to make large matches of the dipping sauces.

What do you all think about this ? ? ?

I want to hear your opinion on this before I give her an answer

Thanks

:chef:

Depending on the size of the crowd, she could also use the measure mix and pour.

But if she really is anticipating a really large crowd, I think the Quick stir pitcher would be awesome idea....That's a lot of dipping, but I don't see why it wouldn't work....plus she can use the leftovers for chicken or shrimp the next day at home.

What is everyone putting the oil with the seasonings in?
I have the 4 bowls with the tray, is that what most of you are using to show off another product?

Kelly V.

I used one of the bamboo bowls for each dipping oil mixture, and piled bread in the middle of the tray with extra in the med. bamboo bowl.I agree that making the dip according to directions is too thick -- I'd use more oil next time -- people do love it.

And, it is sort of like the "loaves and fishes" -- to a certain extent, you can just add more olive oil and and stir it up as the seasoning and the flavor lasts and lasts.:love:​

My DD took it the other day and made it up with the oil and brushed it on the inside of the crescent rolls before rolling up (Parmesan-Garlic one) and they were heavenly!

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
Depending on the size of the crowd, she could also use the measure mix and pour.

But if she really is anticipating a really large crowd, I think the Quick stir pitcher would be awesome idea....That's a lot of dipping, but I don't see why it wouldn't work....plus she can use the leftovers for chicken or shrimp the next day at home.

She is expecting over 50 (RSVP is at 54 and she thinks more will come without RSVPing)

KellyRedHead said:
I have the 4 bowls with the tray, is that what most of you are using to show off another product?

Kelly V.

The lady asked me what should she put the oil into and put the bread on also and I told her that I have SA bowls and plates (for bread) and the bamboo - prep bowls - I told her that she ciould mix it up with different displays of bowls. She will be using my SA stands also. I have 12 bamboo bowls (3 sets of bowls because the host didn't want the special in April so I bought them)

I am hoping she will take pictures for me but she said that she will be very busy so still crossing fingers

KellyRedHead said:

Kelly V.

I used the Chip and Dip Platter to serve the oil and bread at a large party. It worked out great. But I like using a few bamboo snack bowls on the bamboo med size tray the best.

I used the parm mix on foccacia bread the other day: brush bread with butter, sprinkle mix, maybe some cheese and put in oven (buttered sides together) at 450 for like 3-5 mins or so. Yummy Yummy....great compliment to Grilled Chicken al Fresco!

I place the two snack bowls with the dipping oils in on the large bamboo platter, and arrange the bread around.

How do you keep the seasoning mixed up in the oil? Does anyone know how much sodium is in both seasonings?

Last edited:
I've used the Parm Garlic for my garlic bread! I love it. You can use it for so many things, great tip about the garlic bites, I am doing these at a show next month and think I will use it then!

I made the dip with the tomato herb, tasted great.

Just had to tell you about this

Yesterday my Relay for Life Team had a Spaghetti Dinner to raise money - well the weather was stormy and we didn't do as well as we wanted to so each of us brought some sauce and noodles home (each separated in containers) well just a little while ago I heated up the sauce and then the noodles - after stirring the noodles once I thought about adding some garlic salt but then reached for the Parm/garlic seasoning and sprinkled some of that on there - put this on the table and the family just loved it. Said that next time we have the benefit dinner we should serve this with the dinner.

The taste is amazing - I am so glad I tried it on the noodles.

I was in the Cleveland area for a wedding and everyone went to this Italian eatery ... the seasoning was about what I would have expected our tomato oil dipping seasoning to taste like. YUM! I finally found something I would like to use as a salad dressing! Ate WAY too much bread! I am DEFINITELY getting some of this and using it at my next show!

1. How do I use the oil dipping seasonings for event sampling?

The directions on the package may seem like one batch doesn't make much, but it is meant to be used sparingly. Simply sprinkle a small amount of seasoning onto a plate or shallow dish and pour a bit of olive oil over it. Use a fork to mix the seasoning into the oil, creating a flavorful dip for guests to sample.

2. How much should I make for my event with 10-15 people?

For a small event with 10-15 people, one batch of oil dipping seasoning should be enough. Remember to use it sparingly and only make more if needed. You can always have extra olive oil on hand to mix in if the dip becomes too strong.

3. Can I double or triple the amount of seasoning for larger events?

Yes, you can double or triple the amount of seasoning if you are expecting a larger group of guests. Just be sure to have enough olive oil on hand to mix in and prevent the dip from becoming too overpowering.

4. How can I make the most out of the oil dipping seasonings for my show?

To make the most out of the oil dipping seasonings for your show, try offering a variety of dipping options. You can use different oils such as garlic-infused or chili-infused, or even try using balsamic vinegar instead. This will give guests a chance to try different flavor combinations and make the most of the seasonings.

5. Are there any other tips for using oil dipping seasonings at events?

One tip is to pair the oil dipping seasonings with some fresh bread or crackers for guests to dip. This will not only add some texture to the experience but also make the seasonings go further. You can also offer suggestions on how the seasonings can be used in cooking or as a marinade for meats or vegetables. This will help showcase the versatility of the product and potentially boost sales.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
Replies
Views
dme.grant