• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Oh, the Things a Mother Will Do

In summary, the speaker is feeling both down and excited at the same time. They cannot afford to attend a conference, but their daughter has been chosen to dance in a company, which is a huge achievement. To afford the additional dance costs, the speaker plans to work more shifts and is worried about being away from their family and their business. They are asking for prayers and support.
pamela
so here I sit, in a BIG funk in one way & too, too excited in another....

FUNK because I have decided I cannot possibly afford to go to Conference:cry:

EXCITED because the reason I couldn't afford it is that my daughter has been asked to dance in the company for her dance school...HUGE deal for her, but more cost for me!:D

Now, I am getting off of here to get on the phone to book the bejeebers out of the next 4 months so I can afford dance tuition!

Aww, i understand!! Good luck with that and you better know that we'll give you all the details!

that's what I am counting on, Kristi!

chefmeg said:
that's what I am counting on, Kristi!

We've done it before but you don't want to hear from me, I'm in Wave 3!

You won't regret the decision you made. Your daughter, however, would regret it if you DID skip her dance thing. I am 56 years old and still remember being 9 years old and my dad skipping my piano recital to go play golf. I have never forgotten it.

Nanisu said:
You won't regret the decision you made. Your daughter, however, would regret it if you DID skip her dance thing. I am 56 years old and still remember being 9 years old and my dad skipping my piano recital to go play golf. I have never forgotten it.

That is HARSH! Your childs piano recital or golf....should have been a no-brainer for your Dad!

chefmeg said:
That is HARSH! Your childs piano recital or golf....should have been a no-brainer for your Dad!

I am 50 so I grew up around the same time. Dad's roles were different then. My fondest memories of my Dad when I was little was sitting on his lap when I was little, watching Ed Sullivan and the other great tv line ups for Sunday nights. (one thing that has not changed for the better). We would have a snack as a family, but that was my Dad time. He was a farmer so it was nothing for him to work sun up to sun down, 24/7 but every year, he would take a 2 week period and go to Myrtle Beach with his golf buddies (the local priest...my Dad was Protestant and the local grocer!). My Mom had us 3 monsters to contend with by herself. He deserved the time off, but I used to write him letters, tuck them in his suitcase and remember not letting him go when he came home.

Family IS more important than conference. Yes, conference is all that and a bag of chips, but you will have tons of time in the future to go. My son will be 19 soon and me going to conference is barely noticed!!!;)

It's not that I wouldn't see my daughter's recital, it is the money I can't do....she will have to dance at least 3 times a week this summer and that cost will be $500...then the fall sessions start and it is almost $200 a month....SO.......guess who is going back to work in my "college-earned profession"???!!! I put a call in this morning to my former boss and asked if they would consider taking me back on a PRN basis....5-6 NIGHT SHIFTS/month.....we shall see what comes of that.

I am scared to death to go back even for those few nights a month because I am afraid of not being here for my family and afraid of what may happen to my business. I plan to start out slow and do only as much as I can. I feel like I need prayers...and alot of them!

chefmeg said:
I feel like I need prayers...and alot of them!

Sending some your way!

1. What is "Oh, the Things a Mother Will Do"?

"Oh, the Things a Mother Will Do" is a cookbook written by Pampered Chef consultant and mother of four, Debra Norwood. It features over 100 easy and delicious recipes that are perfect for busy moms.

2. Are the recipes in this cookbook family-friendly?

Yes, all of the recipes in "Oh, the Things a Mother Will Do" are designed with families in mind. They are simple, flavorful, and perfect for even the pickiest eaters.

3. Are there any dietary restrictions or substitutions mentioned in the cookbook?

Yes, there are plenty of options for those with dietary restrictions or preferences. Debra includes substitutions for ingredients such as gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegetarian options throughout the cookbook.

4. Can I purchase this cookbook in stores?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, I am happy to offer "Oh, the Things a Mother Will Do" exclusively through Pampered Chef. You can purchase it directly from me or through my personal website.

5. Are there any tips or tricks for using Pampered Chef products in these recipes?

Absolutely! As a Pampered Chef consultant, Debra has included tips and suggestions for using various Pampered Chef products in the recipes. This cookbook is a great resource for getting the most out of your Pampered Chef tools.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• letmepamperu13
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
Replies
Views
ChefLoriG