• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Credit Card Payment Issue with Cash N Carry Order

In summary, the conversation is about a consultant who had a booth at a hospital event and accepted a credit card payment for a cash n carry purchase. However, when trying to enter the payment into P3, it was not accepted. There is speculation that the issue may be due to the credit card being under someone else's name, or that the consultant may have written down the credit card number incorrectly. Some suggestions are made, such as trying to contact the customer or verifying the funds with the bank. The consultant is hoping to resolve the issue by Monday night. Other consultants share similar experiences and offer advice for future booths.
pc_jessica
Okay, so I had a booth yesterday with cash n carry...no problem right...well i had a customer that wanted to pay for her cash n carry with a credit card. okay so i took her credit card number and all info, but now that i am home and trying to enter it into P3 (i am paying for another order with her credit card for the right amount) I thought there wouldn't be a problem...but P3 is NOT taking the credit card...is that because it is under someone else's name??? I don't know what I am going to do...did I mention I didn't get her phone number either!!! How stupid could I have been!!:yuck:

P3 will take someone else's cc payment even though the name is different. What's it doing? If it's not changing the number to asterisks, then the number itself is wrong. If it looks like it will go, but then you get a reject e-mail from HO, then the card itself was denied by the cardholder for insufficient funds, over the limit, etc.

Sounds like the credit card is no good....I've had people use their credit card to pay for another persons order with no problem. I hope I'm wrong but....
Lets see what other people here have to say.

Yah if it's not accepting the number then you wrote it down wrong. Hope you got her number.

Jessica,

I feel your pain. I had that happen to me at a booth once. The lady handed me her credit card and I wrote down the number but she walked off to look at something else. That should have given me the first clue--why would you leave your credit card with a complete stranger and walk off? So when she came back I gave her the card and she left with the product. When I got home it was the same thing, rejected by home office. I didn't get her phone number because she walked off and when she came back there was someone else at the booth! Luckily it was only for $7.50 but still--it really made me mad! Live and learn! I hope you can get it worked out though. I've submitted payments for orders with credit cards in others names--namely the hostesses who are paying for someone's order and she'll get it later or if the customer paid her with cash and we are closing over the phone. Good luck!

I too had this happen at a booth. Lessons I learned: Always check the driver's license (& write down the info), get a phone #, etc. After it happened to me, though, I stopped taking credit cards/checks for cash n carry.

Can you call the # on the back of the card to verify funds and that the account is good (not a stolen card)? I don't know...maybe someone in the banking field can answer that one.

I ended up eating close to $80...YIKES.

I did try to track them down via the internet using phone book sites, but no luck...maybe you could try looking up their name and seeing if you can track them that way.

Good luck!!!

I will only take a credit card at a booth if they are ordering something as well. Yes, there are too many dishonest people out there. Did you check to see if you have the right number of digits? I hope that you can find her.

Jules711 said:
I will only take a credit card at a booth if they are ordering something as well. Yes, there are too many dishonest people out there. Did you check to see if you have the right number of digits? I hope that you can find her.

Me too. If you have her address, I would send her a letter or something.

the cc number won't turn into astricks...so i guess i wrote the number down wrong...totally my mistake...the booth was at a hospital and she was a security officerer there, so i emailed the lady that was incharge of the fair and asked her to give my number to this lady and have the lady either call me, or asked if i could get her number so i can call her...i am hoping the event chair lady will email me back asap! luckily it wasn't that large of an order and it only put me out about $20 so not bad if i do have to eat the cost i am just hoping to be able to get this fixed by monday night! hopefully crossing my fingers and sending up lots of prayers!

Jessica,
I'm sorry you went through this, but I'm also glad to know about these things, as I've got a booth at end of Nov. where they really want me to take LOTS of C&C, and I'm leary about that.

Maybe I'll try and take my laptop and enter it right then and there and if it won't take it, say sorry it's not processing?? Just a thought, kinda thinking out loud, lol.

What kind of things did you find going??? Bigger things?? Door Prize type things?? Did you do any baskets or bundles?? Just curious.

Thanks again and sorry this happened to you. I'll be praying they can get in touch with person for you.

Lisa

pc_jessica said:
the cc number won't turn into astricks...so i guess i wrote the number down wrong...totally my mistake...the booth was at a hospital and she was a security officerer there, so i emailed the lady that was incharge of the fair and asked her to give my number to this lady and have the lady either call me, or asked if i could get her number so i can call her...i am hoping the event chair lady will email me back asap! luckily it wasn't that large of an order and it only put me out about $20 so not bad if i do have to eat the cost i am just hoping to be able to get this fixed by monday night! hopefully crossing my fingers and sending up lots of prayers!
I do hope it works out for you!

If she's a security officer at the hospital, just call the hospital and ask for her. They'll be able to find her or take a phone message for her. ;)

Lisa/ChefBear said:
Jessica,
I'm sorry you went through this, but I'm also glad to know about these things, as I've got a booth at end of Nov. where they really want me to take LOTS of C&C, and I'm leary about that.

Maybe I'll try and take my laptop and enter it right then and there and if it won't take it, say sorry it's not processing?? Just a thought, kinda thinking out loud, lol.

What kind of things did you find going??? Bigger things?? Door Prize type things?? Did you do any baskets or bundles?? Just curious.

Thanks again and sorry this happened to you. I'll be praying they can get in touch with person for you.

Lisa

The sad thing is...i had my laptop there with me! But when i found out they didn't have a wireless that I could hook up to I shut it down and didn't use it! I should have! But this is the ONLY customer who wanted to pay by credit card, everyone else paid cash! Which is what I wanted anyway!
I sold a lot of my cash n carry! I was very pleased with it! I sold every pink product I had there and took orders for a bunch more! I sold the cookbooks, sauces, lots of the pantry items. Also mix n chops. I got orders for the things that I didn't have there, I took orders for like 3 cookie presses, stones and batter bowls.
I did not do any baskets. I have another booth and craft fair coming up that I will make those up for. and offer those.

Jess, pm me with her name, I can run just about anyone in my NCI database

What is the process for paying with a credit card for a Cash N Carry order?

To pay with a credit card for a Cash N Carry order, simply provide your credit card information at the time of purchase. Our system will process the payment and you will receive a receipt for your records.

Why is my credit card payment being declined for my Cash N Carry order?

There could be several reasons why your credit card payment is being declined for your Cash N Carry order. Please ensure that your credit card information is entered correctly and that your card has not expired. You may also want to check with your credit card company to ensure that there are no holds or limits on your card that may be preventing the payment.

Can I use multiple credit cards to pay for a single Cash N Carry order?

Unfortunately, we do not currently have the capability to split payments between multiple credit cards for a Cash N Carry order. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Is there a minimum or maximum amount for credit card payments on Cash N Carry orders?

There is no minimum amount for credit card payments on Cash N Carry orders. However, there is a maximum limit of $5,000 for credit card payments. If your order exceeds this amount, we recommend using an alternative payment method such as a check or cash.

Are there any additional fees for paying with a credit card for a Cash N Carry order?

No, there are no additional fees for using a credit card to pay for a Cash N Carry order. The final amount you see at checkout is the total amount you will be charged.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • ShellBeach
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Becca_in_MD
  • taterbug