• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Oh No! I Forgot the Condensed Milk: Pumpkin Pie Disaster?

In summary, the best substitute for condensed milk in pumpkin pie is a mixture of heavy cream and sugar. Regular milk cannot be used as a substitute and it is important to use sweetened condensed milk for the desired consistency and sweetness. If you only have unsweetened condensed milk, you can add sugar to taste. It is also possible to make your own condensed milk, but it may not have the same results as store-bought. Pumpkin pie made with condensed milk will last for 3-4 days in the fridge or up to 2 months in the freezer, but it is best to consume it within 3-4 days after thawing.
prepchef
Gold Member
I guess I'll find out soon enough, but...

I just finished making a pumpkin pie, but forgot to put the condensed milk in it! Is that gonna mess it up? I hate when I do that!!!!!! Dammit. I made a grahm cracker crust, put a layer of Nutella on the bottom.

Sorry about your pie. I have no idea if it will mess it up. Maybe you'll you discover a new way to make pumpkin pie - dairy free.

Are you related to a George in Michigan?

let us know how it turns out.

No clue but interested in hearing how it turns out

I just finished my piece of pie. :) it wasnt bad. It did set just fine. It was a little darker. I made a grahm-honey crust and that was more of a dissappointment to me. The honey baked too hard, so the crust was too crunchy. The Nutella was a nice touch though!

So for those of you who don't want the creamy calories, you CAN forgo the condensed milk!

1. What can I use as a substitute for condensed milk in pumpkin pie?

The best substitute for condensed milk in pumpkin pie is a mixture of heavy cream and sugar. For every 14-ounce can of condensed milk, use 1 cup of heavy cream and 1/2 cup of sugar. You can also use evaporated milk as a substitute, but you will need to add extra sugar to make up for the sweetness of condensed milk.

2. Can I use regular milk instead of condensed milk in pumpkin pie?

No, regular milk cannot be used as a substitute for condensed milk in pumpkin pie. Condensed milk is thicker and has a higher sugar content, which is essential for the consistency and sweetness of pumpkin pie filling. Using regular milk will result in a watery and bland pie.

3. What is the difference between sweetened and unsweetened condensed milk?

Sweetened condensed milk has added sugar, while unsweetened condensed milk does not. For pumpkin pie, it is important to use sweetened condensed milk to achieve the desired sweetness and texture. If you only have unsweetened condensed milk, you can add sugar to taste, but it may not have the same consistency as using sweetened condensed milk.

4. Can I make my own condensed milk for pumpkin pie?

Yes, you can make your own condensed milk for pumpkin pie by simmering milk and sugar together until it reduces and thickens. However, this may not have the same consistency and sweetness as store-bought condensed milk, so it is best to use a substitute or purchase condensed milk for the best results.

5. How long does pumpkin pie made with condensed milk last?

Pumpkin pie made with condensed milk will last in the fridge for 3-4 days. It is important to store it in an airtight container to keep it fresh. You can also freeze pumpkin pie for up to 2 months, but the texture may change slightly when thawed. Enjoy within 3-4 days after thawing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefann
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
abigailhutch
  • Intrepid_Chef