• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Oops! I Forgot an Egg - Baking Dilemma Solved for Cake in Fluted Pan

In summary, missing one egg in a cake recipe should not have a significant impact on the final result. It may make the cake slightly denser and not rise as much, but it should still taste good. If time allows, adding in an additional egg and adjusting the baking time may help. Otherwise, just keep an eye on the cake and use a toothpick to check for doneness. Good luck with your show!
hperschnick
I am baking a cake in the fluted pan this morning for my show this afternoon. I did the recipe with 3 eggs, 2 c. sour cream and 1 cake mix... I put it in the oven and realized I had only used 2 eggs!! I don't know where my head was!

My question is... How much is this going to mess up the cake? I have some brownies so I could whip something else up if I need to!

Thanks for any help on this!

I don't think it would make too much of a difference. I have learned along the way to be honest with the guests at a show. Tell them that you only put in the two eggs and you hope the cake is okay. Use this as an opportunity to tell them that you don't have to know how to cook to be a consultant. I think letting the guests see that you are only human makes your job look less intimidating if they are interested in the business. Good luck with your show!!!

Thanks Dawn,
I did plan on telling them I accidentally "altered" the recipe. I just took it out and it looks ok - the top is a little shiney but maybe that is how it always looks when you do it with the sour cream. I hope it tastes ok! I just didn't have time to test it this week!

Thanks!

I'm sure it will be fine. Good luck!!

Hi there! Don't worry, missing one egg in your cake recipe should not make a huge difference. The cake might be slightly denser and not rise as much, but it should still taste delicious. If you have the time, you can try adding in another egg and mixing it in well before putting the cake back in the oven. Otherwise, just keep an eye on the cake and adjust the baking time if needed. And don't forget to use a toothpick to check for doneness before taking it out of the oven. Good luck with your show this afternoon!

What is "Oh No!! I Forgot an Egg!"?

"Oh No!! I Forgot an Egg!" is a recipe from Pampered Chef that is designed to help you in a pinch when you realize you forgot to add an egg to your dish.

What ingredients do I need for "Oh No!! I Forgot an Egg!"?

The ingredients for "Oh No!! I Forgot an Egg!" include 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise and 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder.

How do I make "Oh No!! I Forgot an Egg!"?

To make "Oh No!! I Forgot an Egg!", simply mix the mayonnaise and baking powder together until well combined, then add it to your dish as a replacement for the missing egg.

What types of dishes can I use "Oh No!! I Forgot an Egg!" in?

"Oh No!! I Forgot an Egg!" can be used in a variety of dishes such as cakes, pancakes, waffles, and even meatloaf.

Is "Oh No!! I Forgot an Egg!" a healthy alternative to using an egg?

While "Oh No!! I Forgot an Egg!" may be a convenient solution, it is not a healthy alternative to using an egg as it contains mayonnaise which is high in fat and calories. It is best used in emergency situations only.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • frozenchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • finley1991