• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bank Alert: Unauthorized Charges on Canceled Card from Vienna Hilton 2008

In summary, the person's bank explained that international charges are different, and that canceled cards can be used again if they are charged in a different country. The person is now worried about charges from their 2006 trip to Vienna.
fruit76loop
Gold Member
You guys are never going to believe this!

I have been on the phone with my bank all morning because I noticed a weird charge in my checking account online. I noticed it first because it listed a debit card # that I do not have anymore!!

So here are the details:

Canceled this debit card- because I thought I had lost it, only to find it in the bottom of my purse later...;)

Went to Vienna- Spring 2006:D

Charge now showing up on this old card in Vienna at the Hilton in January 2008!!!:eek: :cry: :grumpy: :mad:

I could not freaking believe it!! How can a charge go through on a card that was canceled???:eek:

My bank explained to me that international charges are different, I just wanted to know why no matter where the charge how could a canceled card be used again????????

Wonder when someone in Vienna got my # and why it has taken this long for them to try it!!! :mad:

So now I have to CLOSE the entire account and open a new checking account....so I am sitting here thinking of all the direct deposits, direct debits, bill pay...oh my goodness...what a pain in the a**!!!:cry:

So, for those of you traveling this year...make sure you watch your accounts for years after!! I am nervous about the London trip!:(

Did you get charged once already for the 2006 trip or is it just now showing up? I think I would be really upset either way.

This is a new charge for $11.89!! I didn't have any charges from the Hilton because PC paid for the hotel...

Things that make you go hmmmmmmm....:cry:

Hey at least it is was only $11.89. We had our #'s taken before and had almost $2000 charged on a check card. We live in TN and they charges were for GA, but they wer for Saks Fifth Avenue and Armani, and then BP. I mean come on they could pull our transaction history and see that most of my shopping is done at Walmart :) um i have never shopped at those places before in my life!!!

LuckyI know that I am lucky to have caught this before a bunch of charges occured!! I guess my main gripe is about the canceled card!! Who would think transactions could get through on that canceled card?? :cry: Whats the purpose of canceling it?

Are they valid charges? I would dispute them if I were you.

chargds on a closed cardSometimes charges can go thru on cards if they have an initial authorization on the card before it's cancelled.
We got this a lot when I worked at a bank. Generally the banks are pretty good about helping you transfer over ACH's and other direct items in/out of the accounts.

good luck !

Sometimes charges can go thru on cards if they have an initial authorization on the card before it's cancelled.

I had the same thing happen. My bank changed my card number after I disputed a charge. Later another charge came through on the old number. I'd forgotten to change the information to the new one on my satellite bill, which I had automatically paid each month. Now, I don't set up recurring payments for anything. But, I have also had everyday charges show up months after they were made.

1. What is "Oh My Goodness...." and how is it different from other Pampered Chef products?

"Oh My Goodness...." is a line of healthy, nutritious, and convenient products offered by Pampered Chef. These products are free from artificial flavors, colors, and preservatives, and are made with real, whole ingredients. They are also designed to be easy to prepare and enjoy, making them a great option for busy individuals or families looking for healthy meal solutions.

2. Are "Oh My Goodness...." products suitable for specific dietary needs?

Yes, many of our "Oh My Goodness...." products are suitable for specific dietary needs. We have options that are gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegetarian/vegan-friendly. Each product also includes a list of ingredients and allergen information, so you can make an informed decision about which products are right for you.

3. How do I prepare and cook "Oh My Goodness...." products?

Preparing and cooking "Oh My Goodness...." products is easy and convenient. Each product comes with detailed instructions for preparation and cooking. Many of our products can be cooked in the microwave, making them a quick and easy option for busy days. We also offer tips and recipe ideas on our website and in our product catalogs.

4. Can I purchase "Oh My Goodness...." products outside of a Pampered Chef party?

Yes, "Oh My Goodness...." products can be purchased directly from our website or through a Pampered Chef consultant. You can also find them at select retail locations and online retailers. Keep in mind that purchasing through a Pampered Chef party allows you to take advantage of exclusive deals and discounts.

5. Are "Oh My Goodness...." products backed by a satisfaction guarantee?

Yes, all of our "Oh My Goodness...." products are backed by Pampered Chef's satisfaction guarantee. If you are not satisfied with your purchase for any reason, you can return it for a replacement or refund within 30 days of purchase. We stand behind the quality of our products and want our customers to be completely satisfied with their purchase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gailz2
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Karen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • babywings76