• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Office Supplies - Newbie Here Please Help!

they throw them out anyway. For host packets, just include 3-5 catalogs, 5-8 outside order forms, a Show Planner, the monthly host/guest specials (two-sided print-out), and some postcard invitations. I split the packs of 40 in half, and promote the use of my website for e-invitations.
PamperedSD
I'm a newbie - I just schedulede my first and second show and now I need to buy office supplies. Does anyone have a suggestion for what I need to get started for my first couple of shows?

Just start with the basics. You only really need some pens for people to place their orders, and maybe a large envelope or folder for host packets. That's it. Don't go crazy buying tons of office supplies, you want your business to be profitable. Just use what you got in your kit and you'll be in good shape!

I used to go crazy with folders, packets, etc., but I've extremely down-sized my business so it's easier for me and my hosts/guests. Less paper to print, less stuff to carry = easier job!

:D Thanks! Big Lots has their back to school stuff in and its pretty cheap and I have a 20% off coupon to use today. I'll just pick up a few pens and folders. I have the mini kit which came with less paper work.

You only need to give your guests a catalog, an order form and a pen.

You can put the monthly host/guest flyers in page protectors in a folder and use them over and over, and just change them out each month (I use the tri-fold binder from supply order because it stands up on a table). Then you don't have to make copies for everyone (they throw them out anyway).

For host packets, just include 3-5 catalogs, 5-8 outside order forms, a Show Planner, the monthly host/guest specials (two-sided print-out), and some postcard invitations. I split the packs of 40 in half, and promote the use of my website for e-invitations.

The only other things I get from supply order are the drawing slips and the Show Tally (duplicate forms - helps total a show with the host before you leave so they know how close they are to the next level).

For your home office, you just need some type of filing system - I use manilla folders for my shows (keep the receipts together) and hold onto them for a year until I do my taxes and total everything up. I keep receipts of my business expenses and track my mileage monthly, too.

It's definitely best to keep it simple and not spend money on things that you really don't need. Good luck!

Thank you Cathy! I'm going to keep it simple - I've made my list and I'm heading out now.

The only thing I would add is a small-to-medium sized tub with lid for dirty dishes. Good luck and Have FUN!!!

FYI- there's a discount card for OfficeMax on Consultant's Corner, with the Pampered Perks listings. Print it, then take it to OM. You can have it laminated. It's good for discounted copies and supplies there. You can also get a discount card for Office Depot in the Pampered Perks area, too. They mail it, but it works in much the same way.

Gloria&Emily said:
The only thing I would add is a small-to-medium sized tub with lid for dirty dishes. Good luck and Have FUN!!!

I used to do this, but I think it's a pain to have an extra tub to carry in to my shows every time. I just bring along plastic grocery bags and stick my dirties in there. Then I can put the bags on top of the clean stuff in my tote bag, adn then stick it all in the dishwasher when I get home. :)

cathyskitchen said:
I used to do this, but I think it's a pain to have an extra tub to carry in to my shows every time. I just bring along plastic grocery bags and stick my dirties in there. Then I can put the bags on top of the clean stuff in my tote bag, adn then stick it all in the dishwasher when I get home. :)

Ditto that...we're already carrying the Consult Tote...once you use everything there's not much left in there...why carry more when you can put the dirty back in there just I use the 1000 Wal-Mart/Grocery Store bags that I always seem to have at the house.

Whatever works for each person is what matters.

Someday I hope to learn how to not overpack...thats my new goal. Right now I'm in packrat mode but at least I have figured out how to go lighter with one area.

HTH

cathyskitchen said:
You only need to give your guests a catalog, an order form and a pen.

You can put the monthly host/guest flyers in page protectors in a folder and use them over and over, and just change them out each month (I use the tri-fold binder from supply order because it stands up on a table). Then you don't have to make copies for everyone (they throw them out anyway).

For host packets, just include 3-5 catalogs, 5-8 outside order forms, a Show Planner, the monthly host/guest specials (two-sided print-out), and some postcard invitations. I split the packs of 40 in half, and promote the use of my website for e-invitations.

The only other things I get from supply order are the drawing slips and the Show Tally (duplicate forms - helps total a show with the host before you leave so they know how close they are to the next level).

For your home office, you just need some type of filing system - I use manilla folders for my shows (keep the receipts together) and hold onto them for a year until I do my taxes and total everything up. I keep receipts of my business expenses and track my mileage monthly, too.

It's definitely best to keep it simple and not spend money on things that you really don't need. Good luck!

Thanks for posting these great tips! Can you please tell me the order # for the notebook? I looked at the order form but wasn't sure which one you meant. Thanks again :)

Summer0919 said:
Thanks for posting these great tips! Can you please tell me the order # for the notebook? I looked at the order form but wasn't sure which one you meant. Thanks again :)

It's #9631 - Tabletop Flipchart with 3 inserts - $15. Worth every penny - perfect for booths and shows. I would order extra inserts (plastic page holders) - I put the current and future host/guest specials in there, as well as the theme show flyers and any recruiting promos. You can put the product display cards in there, too.

cathyskitchen said:
It's #9631 - Tabletop Flipchart with 3 inserts - $15. Worth every penny - perfect for booths and shows. I would order extra inserts (plastic page holders) - I put the current and future host/guest specials in there, as well as the theme show flyers and any recruiting promos. You can put the product display cards in there, too.

Thank you so much Cathy! You've been a big help to me. I have so much to learn :balloon:

Karen

No problem! It can be overwhelming in the beginning. Just stick with the basics, and you'll be fine!

Thank you everyone for the great tips. I only have the mini kit so I don't have too much to carry and I have yet figure out what to carry my stuff in.

Just start earning those PC$ so you can buy a nice Consultant Tote on Supply Order (I think it's $35) - that's all you really need!

I believe that Tabletop Flipchart that you're referring to is included in the business supplies package that you can order within your first 60 days. We have that available here in Canada anyway, I'm not sure if you have the same in the US. Ours costs $60 and includes more catalogs, invitations, etc, plus the Flipchart with the product collection cards (cutlery and cookware). It's a great package.

Oh one other thing to give your guests- drawing slip. That way you have all their info, ask them to fill it out completely, answering all the questions. I do this after the demo so they have an idea of what a show is/what a consultant does. :)

Get a calculator, too. :)

Yes, Lorraine, it comes with the supply enhancement here as well!

1. What kind of office supplies do I need for my new job?

The specific office supplies you will need will depend on your job responsibilities and the type of office you work in. However, some common office supplies that are useful for most jobs include pens, pencils, paper, folders, a stapler, and tape.

2. Where can I purchase office supplies?

You can purchase office supplies at office supply stores, online retailers, or even some retail stores such as Walmart or Target. As a Pampered Chef consultant, you can also purchase office supplies through our online catalog at a discounted rate.

3. How should I organize my office supplies?

Organizing your office supplies can help you work more efficiently. You can use desk organizers, folders, or filing cabinets to keep your supplies neat and easily accessible. It's also helpful to label your supplies so you can find them quickly.

4. How often should I restock my office supplies?

This will vary depending on how often you use certain supplies. It's a good idea to keep track of your usage and restock when you notice supplies are running low. It's also helpful to have a backup of essential supplies, so you don't run out unexpectedly.

5. What can I do with old or unused office supplies?

If you have old or unused office supplies, you can donate them to a local school or charity organization. You can also recycle certain supplies, such as paper and ink cartridges. Check with your local recycling center for guidelines on what can be recycled.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefRiGuy
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • sk8rgrrl99
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
PamperedDor
  • KellerCooks