• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sponsor Jaime in WalkAmerica to Support the March of Dimes Mission!

I just did one this past weekend), I encourage you to do so. It's a great way to socialize and meet people who also have a passion for this cause. It's also a great way to find out about all the events and fundraisers happening throughout the year. Jaime joined the WalkAmerica team this year because she believes in the March of Dimes mission to save babies. She has raised $1305 so far and her goal is to raise $2000. She recommends that anyone interested in helping out visit her personal webpage and donate.
JaimeQ
I am participating in WalkAmerica because I believe in the March of Dimes mission to save babies. Please support my fundraising efforts by sponsoring me in WalkAmerica today.

Contributing to my walk online is fast, easy and secure. You can donate directly from my personal webpage with a credit/debit card or PayPal. If you prefer, I can also accept cash or check. Just click the appropriate box on my webpage.

The money we raise helps save premature and sick babies. Premature birth is the #1 cause of newborn death and the biggest threat to babies’ health today, and through WalkAmerica, the March of Dimes is funding important research to find out why premature birth happens and what can be done to prevent it.

I’ve joined with millions of compassionate people across the country who support WalkAmerica each year. Won’t you please help me in this worthy cause? Visit my webpage and sponsor me in the walk that saves babies!

With your support, there’s hope.
My personal web page address for donations is ...

http://www.walkamerica.org/JaimeQ

Would you like to see what WalkAmerica is and why I?m walking?
Click the link to see the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVghSy-Cens <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVghSy-Cens>

The March of Dimes mission is to improve the health of babies by preventing birth defects, premature birth, and infant mortality.

Click Now to sponsor me for WalkAmerica!

Thank you in advance to those who support the cause:)

I'm pretty pumped, i'm a late registrant. The walk is on Saturday, and it's 6 miles yikes! I got signed up last night at the Fundraiser show( actually the second one I have done for them) I did for them last night. So I am trying to raise as much as I can in a week:)

* bump *

Jaime,
Great cause. Just helped you out a little...wish it could have been more. I hope others can help you out too.

Thank you very much!! Every little bit helps, and it makes me happy to know that someone (you) from CS was the first to help:) Thank you again! Only if you could see the smile on my face:p I do hope that others see that it is a good cause and can help just a little.

you're so welcome! March of Dimes is such a worthy cause...but I think everyone's so upset with the announcement of Nancy's Artworks being booted that that's all they're thinking about right now. I hope that others
pitch in to help you reach your goal! And I'm glad to be able to help you! I hope you have a great time on your walk!! I don't know that I could walk for 6 miles. It might take me all day! LOL!!!

Jaime...any way you can go back and edit the title of this thread, so people know what it's about? Just a thought...it only says "off topic"...maybe you could put something about March of Dimes or something...I don' know if you can do that or not, but I just thought maybe you could...it might help!

I don't think I can edit the topic.. the reason I did it that way was so that it would catch peoples attention... some might read March of Dimes and just skip over it:p

Nope I seem to be able to only change or edit what I have written not the topic:)

So far our group has raised $1305!! Our goal is $2000!! I have my own personal goal, I hope we go above and beyond the goals set.

I supported my SIL on this a few weeks ago already so my money is already sent to the organization. But good luck on your goals too!

Thank you:)

I found some more info on the March of Dimes:

WHAT YOUR DONATION HELPS FUND:
$100 HELPS 10 FAMILIES WITH BABIES IN NICU LEARN HOW TO CARE FOR THEIR BABY WHEN HE/SHE COMES HOME

$760 COULD PROVIDE PRENATAL CARE CLASSES FOR 15 PREGANT WOMEN.

$150,000 PROVIDE A RESEARCH GRANT TO STUDY MALFUNCTIONING GENES RESPONSIABLE FOR MANY BIRTH DEFECTS.

$482,700 PROVIDES A MULTI-YEAR GRANT TO STUDY VARIATIONS IN GENES OF MOTHERS AND BABIES THAT MIGHT TRIGGER PREMATURE BIRTH.

Every dollar counts:)

The fundraiser I closed for them yesterday helped them make another $70!!

We are almost to our goal:) Anyone else up for helping premature babies and their families?

Jamie,
This May will mark my 6th year in a row of doing the March of Dimes WalkAmerica. Although I have been blessed with 3 full-term babies, I like to do everything I can to help those who are not so fortunate. I even did two walks at 8 months pregnant! (My OB/GYN is a "walker", too, so I knew I'd be safe!) It is a worthy cause. Good luck reaching your goals! If you've never participated in a kick-off event (usually held 2-3 months prior to the actual walk), I highly recommend going. You can see more in-depth what they do. I hope others can help you out!

I guess I missed the kick-off... the walk is this Saturday. I just signed up to walk this past Sunday after doing a Pampered Chef fundraiser for them on Saturday. I was also blessed with a full term baby so I really can't know what its like. Although our team leader actually gave birth to twins premature, and another one of my friends also had her son premature. So I have some dealings with it... Either way it is a really good cause and I hope that eveyone who can help, will.

I got two more donations and a 3rd on the way!! The group has almost reached their goal!!

Our team goal of $2000 has been exceeded we have raised $2670 so far!! Woohoo we are now reaching for $3000.... I'm off to my Dh work place to hit them up for donations. He is helping out and using it as a bullet on his performance report!! He is even doing the walk with me!!

WHAT YOUR DONATION HELPS FUND:
$100 HELPS 10 FAMILIES WITH BABIES IN NICU LEARN HOW TO CARE FOR THEIR BABY WHEN HE/SHE COMES HOME

$760 COULD PROVIDE PRENATAL CARE CLASSES FOR 15 PREGANT WOMEN.

$150,000 PROVIDE A RESEARCH GRANT TO STUDY MALFUNCTIONING GENES RESPONSIABLE FOR MANY BIRTH DEFECTS.

$482,700 PROVIDES A MULTI-YEAR GRANT TO STUDY VARIATIONS IN GENES OF MOTHERS AND BABIES THAT MIGHT TRIGGER PREMATURE BIRTH.

Every dollar counts

Holy cow!! we are almost to $3000!!! we need $100... who would have thought:) We are on a role, one person has raised $1500 by herself!! I am almost to my goal of $300, if you wish to help me and my team please go to www.walkamerica.org/jaimeq every little bit helps. I have had donations from $2 to $50!! so whatever you can give.

Last edited:
Last day to help:)

If you are planning on donating please do so ASAP time is almost up. I need another $100 to reach my personal goal.... its for a really good cause lets help those premature sick babies.

If you can only give $1, give a dollar... it all adds up.

www.walkamercia.org/jaimeq

I need a few more donations to reach my goal....
Please help me raise as much as possible tonight for the March of Dimes walk tomorrow.

Its a really great cause, you donation would be going to help a sick premature baby. Who wouldn't want the chance to save a life, and at that a babies life.

Every little bit counts so if all you can afford to donate is $1 then donate that $1.

So please visit my website and donate as much as you can, but it has to be tonight as I will be turning in all the info tomorrow morning.

www.walkamerica.org/jaimeq

Thank you very much!!

Help save a life, donate tonight!

Jaime,
I just donated - I'm sorry that it wasn't much, but I already made another donation for a friend. The March of Dimes is a great organization that is very close to my heart. My oldest son was born at 34 weeks - we were very blessed, he weighed in at 4lbs 15oz and he only spent one week in the NICU. Our son was one of the bigger babies there, and it just broke my heart. I also had premature labor with our second son. I was in the hospital at least twice a week for the last 7 weeks of my pregnancy, but I made it to 40 weeks + 1 day. The doctors kept telling me that I'd be lucky to carry an extra week - I thank God everyday that I was able to carry him the full 40 weeks. My babies are now 3 & 1... And my preemie isn't so little anymore - he's in the 95th percentile for his height, and 75th for his weight! I know that God has a plan for everyone, but my heart aches for the parents that aren't so lucky.
I just wanted to add, that another great organization is The Ronald McDonald House. I never understood what they did until my son was born. They had to take him to a hospital that was an hour away from our home, and we really wouldn't have been able to afford a hotel everynight. Of course, we didn't want to travel back and forth. The Ronald McDonald House actually paid for us to stay in a hotel, since they didn't have any space at the Ronald McDonald House - and we were within walking distance to the hospital! Now we make sure to donate everytime we're at a McDonalds...every little bit helps!

Thank you, and I hope you reach your goal!

Thank you very much for your donation. Every little bit counts, in the end it all adds up. I'm glad to hear that your babie are doing great. I am blessed to have carried my almost to full term, I was one week shy:)

again thank you very much!!

I hope to reach my goal by the time I check it in the morning to print out my final paper!!

What is WalkAmerica and the March of Dimes Mission?

WalkAmerica is an annual fundraising event organized by the March of Dimes, a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the health of babies by preventing birth defects, premature birth, and infant mortality. The mission of the March of Dimes is to give every baby a fighting chance for a healthy start in life.

Who is Jaime and why should I sponsor them?

Jaime is an ambassador for the March of Dimes and has pledged to participate in WalkAmerica to raise awareness and funds for the organization. By sponsoring Jaime, you are directly supporting the March of Dimes mission and helping to improve the lives of babies and their families.

How can I sponsor Jaime in WalkAmerica?

You can sponsor Jaime by making a donation through their personal fundraising page or by giving cash or check directly to them. You can also participate in the WalkAmerica event and raise funds yourself to support the March of Dimes mission.

Can I donate to the March of Dimes without participating in WalkAmerica?

Yes, you can make a direct donation to the March of Dimes through their website or by mail. You can also support other fundraising events or initiatives organized by the March of Dimes to support their mission.

Is my donation to the March of Dimes tax deductible?

Yes, the March of Dimes is a registered nonprofit organization and donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. You will receive a receipt for your donation that can be used for tax purposes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchefsarah
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • julyskitchen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
julyskitchen
Replies