• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal Planning a Disney Trip? Get Advice on Resort & Budgeting

In summary, the author is seeking advice on which resort to choose for their November Disney trip. They are hoping to spend around $4,000 for their package, but their husband is a homebody and they will most likely not have anyone with them to watch the kids. They are also wondering if it is worth it to add the water park option to their tickets.
NewbyPChef
Planning a Disney trip in November. Seeking advice on which resort to choose. Want to stay at either a moderate or deluxe but hoping to spend around $4k for the dining/ticket/lodging package. DH is a homebody and will no doubt want to spend some time relaxing in the room with his ESPN. We have a 3 and a 4 year old and will most likely not have anyone with us to watch them. Also, is it worth it to add the water park option to our tickets in November? The week we are going is the week they are offering 35% off moderate resorts and 40% off deluxe resorts (13th through 19th). We will likely drive, but I don't necessarily want to drive anywhere. I'd rather use DIsney transportation (boat/monorail/bus). Any advice is greatly appreciated.

You will not have to drive when you are disney...the transportation is just wonderful...really quick and the kids will have fun taking a bus ride or the monorail or the boat. Couldn't tell you about any of the resorts, because we stay at the shades of green for military families....really think about the upgrade for the water park...there are so many options out there...maybe just one day you will want to go, but def. will need your husband to be with you with the ages that you have...think about which park you will go to the most and get one close to there...that will save you time on getting to the park...if your better half will not be with you in the parks that much, make sure that the commute is easy to switch the kids when the time for naps comes about...and they will need it. Good luck and have lots of fun!!!!!!! not sure where you are driving from, but a car is always nice if you just want to go to another place off of disney campus.

12.5 hour drive, so its probably going to come down to either driving and staying at a deluxe resort or flying and staying at a moderate.

if you fly and you are staying at a disney resort...they should provide you transportation from the airport in your package...southwest airlines is fairly inexpensive to fly and you don't have to pay for your bags, but be careful flights are scheduled to increase in fair...and look at pricing for flights on a tuesday for the cheapest fair I have found. Disney is so much fun....if they do have a sitter available or if you know someone down there that can watch the kids at night (because they sometimes keep the parks open for campus guests) you and hubby can get out too. Maybe epcot which has some drink facilities if you want a cocktail at a couple of the countries. There has to be a company that provides the service or maybe a pc consultant that has someone they can recommend. Good luck and have fun!!!!

If you stay at a Moderate, I recommend Port Orleans Riverside, we really like that one the best. They also have a boat ride you can take over to Downtown Disney and go shopping, fun for a change instead of the buses that the other resorts offer.
With the very young ones, and a hubby that won't always be around much, and since you are saying you can afford it if you drive, I would pick whichever Magic Kingdom resort will give you the best rate - either Contemporary or Polynesian. You will want to leave the park during the day to have them take naps most likely and jumping on the monarail is very convenient from both Magic Kingdom and Epcot. Then you can go back later in the day.
The first 3 weeks in November the crowds are not bad at all, we were there last November and basically walked right onto rides and saw so much. I totally avoid WDW Thanksgiving week if possible.
We had annual passes last year and didn't renew them - I miss WDW already, but our next adventure is the Disney Cruise.
Anymore questions, just ask.

We have stayed at Port Orleans & Dixie Landings, the "condos" at Disney institute (do they even still offer that),
the all star sports and the music themed one & Grand Floridian
I would suggest any, your kids might enjoy the themed ones better our kids were a little too old when we did that. The year disney was the conference location is the year we stayed there.

forgot to mention - Polynesian has an evening child daycare for children over 3 that are potty-trained. It's called Never Land Club. It does cost but it might be worth it for a quiet dinner alone one evening with hubby.

Thanks for all the advice. Unfortunately Southwest is not here (Memphis). I may have mis respresented DH. Its not that he will not want to go to the parks with us I was just making the point that he does tend to like to relax in the hotel some. You know how people always say the hotel isn't important b/c you aren't going to be there much, well we may be there more than the average tourist (especially if the kids get their naps).

don't know much about your trip but I have stayed at the Contemporary..the monorail goes right through and you can actually walk to the magic kingdom. My husband has stayed at the grand Floridian- much much much nicer but more expensive and you can walk as well. the monorail runs through both places. you can ferry from the grand floridiaian. I know i misspelled alot this email but you get the drift. we got once a year at least and can give you good tips. email me at [email protected]

Tje animal kingdom lodge is also very nice..you get to see the animals upclose--they have viewing areas. bus rides or a car is a must from this resort. but it is very nice. My home resort is saratoga springs...more an adult place and bus rides are a must...if you decide to check out the disney vacation club...let them know susan zuckernick sent you. it is a great deal..not like timeshares where you have to do a specific week at one place..you can go wherever you want as long as you have the points. send me an email at [email protected]

I would search for other disney threads on here too, because there was a lot of advice given this past spring since this summer was the Disney trip. Mara

I did Coronado Springs (moderate) with PC last June and Grand Floridian this past Jan. on our own. I wanted a monorail resort and GF had 30% off but somehow the Contemporary (our preferred choice) didn't have the 30% off. I should have chosen Polynesian instead of GF. The kids probably would have liked the them better.

My two cents... My kids are now 6 and 8. Next time we go, I'll probably stay at a moderate. The GF wasn't worth it. I wanted a place close to Magic Kingdom. That was fine, but the buses are so good that the money saved at a moderate would have been worth the extra 10 minutes travel time. But, I didn't have kids in a stroller like you will. After we got home last month, I started reading my guide book (Passporter - a fabulous book) trying to figure out where to stay next time. As someone else said, look at which park you'll be at the most and try to stay near there. The moderates are bigger resorts and more spread out. You will spend some time getting from the bus stop to your room, or from your room to the restaurants in the reception building. At Coronado, they had 3-4 bus stops around the perimeter where you could catch a park bus or take one back to the main building. The deluxe resorts are more compact. It's a quick walk from transportation to your room. I felt the size of the room at Coronado was comparable to the GF room. GF had 2 sinks instead of 1. You'll have cheaper food options at a moderate, too. If you want any table service restaurants, esp. character meals, reserve them ASAP. Since Disney may be offering free or reduced dining during the time you are there, the reservations will book up quickly.

You can always add the Water Park option to your tickets once you're there. It was definitely too cold in Jan. to go. We did use it in June. Had already planned to go and got a pleasant surprise upon arrival that PC threw in one extra which could be a water park day. We were there in Oct. 2 years ago (off property). Not sure it would have been warm enough for a water park then, either. We never got around to using the pool that visit.

Have fun!!! I'd be happy going at least once a year, but I'm holding back for a while.

We are members of Disney Vacation Club and love the Villas... if those are an option, I'd go for that. You have the amenities of the kitchen and laundry, which are really handy. We've owned at the Wilderness Lodge but sold those points and now we own at the Beach Club, which is our favorite. If you want to go Deluxe, I'd recommend the Beach Club or the Boardwalk - they are steps away from Epcot AND also close to the ESPN restaurant on the Boardwalk if your hubby wants to go hang out there. Animal Kingdom lodge is a great place to feel like you're "getting away" too.

For moderates, we have stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and really enjoyed the atmosphere there.

I would skip the water parks in November. You may not get great weather and there is already so much to do and see in other parts. If you want to get wet, there are fountain jets that come up out of the ground at Epcot - you can get drenched just playing in that. For 3 and 4 year olds, it's PLENTY wet fun (remember to bring a towel and change of clothing or wear swim trunks).

1. How do I choose the best Disney resort for my family?

Choosing the best Disney resort for your family depends on your budget, preferred location, and amenities. Some popular options include Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Disney's Polynesian Village Resort, and Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge. Consider the size of your family, your preferred theme, and any special offers or promotions when making your decision.

2. What is the best time of year to plan a Disney trip?

The best time of year to plan a Disney trip varies depending on your preferences. If you want to avoid crowds and save money, consider visiting during the off-season, which is typically January to February and September to early November. If you want to experience special events like Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party or Epcot's Food and Wine Festival, plan your trip during those times.

3. How far in advance should I book my Disney trip?

It is recommended to book your Disney trip at least 6 to 9 months in advance, especially if you plan on staying at a popular resort or during a peak season. This allows you to have a better chance of securing your preferred accommodations and dining reservations. However, you can still plan a successful trip with shorter notice.

4. How can I budget for my Disney trip?

Budgeting for a Disney trip involves considering the cost of accommodations, tickets, transportation, food, and souvenirs. Use Disney's online tools to estimate the cost of your trip and create a budget accordingly. You can also save money by staying at a Disney Value Resort, bringing your own snacks and water, and purchasing souvenirs outside of the parks.

5. Are there any discounts or promotions available for Disney trips?

Yes, there are often discounts and promotions available for Disney trips. These can include special offers for Disney resort stays, ticket discounts, and free dining plans. Keep an eye out for these promotions and take advantage of them when planning your trip. You can also consider booking through a travel agent who may have access to exclusive deals and discounts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab
Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • janezapchef
  • General Chat