• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can you get creative with off-label uses for kitchen products?

In summary, Rae shares ways that she uses products that are not listed on the Use & Care. She includes ideas for using a pancake blender bottle, mixing a syrup and milk for Chocolate Milk, using a flat stone as a proofing oven, using a stackable cookie rack as a dish drying rack, and cleaning the microwave.
raebates
Staff member
Each week I share a Wednesday WOW with my team--an off-label product use. I'm working on my WOWs for October, and I'm drawing a blank.For instance, the one I was able to think of before I went completely blank is to use a flat stone for a proofing oven. Just heat the stone to 200F and wrap it in a kitchen towel. Place your bowl or pan on the wrapped stone and cover with another kitchen towel. Voila! Proofing oven.What's your favorite way to use a product that's not listed on the Use & Care?

Rae, you are so creative!
-It's not a far stretch, but the second I saw the pancake blender bottle, I thought of Carnation Instant Breakfast mixing. Also, mixing a syrup and milk for Chocolate Milk. Possibly works as a container to mix Ice Cream base in, before pouring into the Ice Cream Maker.
-With your proofing oven, you can do the same - heat a small stone, maybe personal pizza stone in 250F oven and insert in your bread basket to keep rolls warm.
-I often use flat stones as trivets under other stones taken hot out of the oven.
-When I'm cooking and washing a lot of dishes, the stackable cookie rack serves as a good dish drying rack, especially upside down with legs extended.
-To clean the microwave, boil 1/2C water with a few drops of dish soap in either a 1C food prep bowl or a silicone prep bowl. The steam it makes loosens any dried-on gunk, and the liquid in a sponge or cloth works better when warm/hot.
-If you are desperate for softened butter, you can grate it in the old Mandoline with the grating blade, or Rotary Grater or on the coarse Microplane. Work the shreds in a food prep bowl with your knife or spreader, then you're good to go.

scottcooks said:
Rae, you are so creative!
-It's not a far stretch, but the second I saw the pancake blender bottle, I thought of Carnation Instant Breakfast mixing. Also, mixing a syrup and milk for Chocolate Milk. Possibly works as a container to mix Ice Cream base in, before pouring into the Ice Cream Maker.
-With your proofing oven, you can do the same - heat a small stone, maybe personal pizza stone in 250F oven and insert in your bread basket to keep rolls warm.
-I often use flat stones as trivets under other stones taken hot out of the oven.
-When I'm cooking and washing a lot of dishes, the stackable cookie rack serves as a good dish drying rack, especially upside down with legs extended.
-To clean the microwave, boil 1/2C water with a few drops of dish soap in either a 1C food prep bowl or a silicone prep bowl. The steam it makes loosens any dried-on gunk, and the liquid in a sponge or cloth works better when warm/hot.
-If you are desperate for softened butter, you can grate it in the old Mandoline with the grating blade, or Rotary Grater or on the coarse Microplane. Work the shreds in a food prep bowl with your knife or spreader, then you're good to go.
Thanks, Scott!

1. Can I use Pampered Chef's Stoneware for baking bread?

Yes, Pampered Chef's Stoneware can be used for baking bread. The stoneware's porous surface helps create a crispy crust while the even heat distribution ensures a perfectly baked loaf.

2. Can I use the Food Chopper to make smoothies?

No, the Food Chopper is not designed to blend or puree ingredients. It is best used for chopping and dicing fruits and vegetables.

3. Can the Quick Cooker be used for canning?

No, the Quick Cooker is not recommended for canning as it does not reach the high temperatures needed to safely preserve food. It is designed for pressure cooking, slow cooking, and steaming.

4. Can I use the Garlic Press to mince other ingredients?

While the Garlic Press is specifically designed for garlic, it can also be used to mince other soft ingredients such as ginger or shallots. However, it may not be as effective as a traditional knife for larger or harder ingredients.

5. Can the Mix 'N Chop be used for mashing potatoes?

Yes, the Mix 'N Chop can be used to mash potatoes. Its unique design helps break up and mash potatoes without creating a gluey texture. It can also be used for mashing other cooked vegetables and fruits.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Products and Tips
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views
Tracy99
Replies
Views
PamperedGinger
  • tloudermilk
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware