1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Off-Label Uses for Products

1. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

Each week I share a Wednesday WOW with my team--an off-label product use. I'm working on my WOWs for October, and I'm drawing a blank.

For instance, the one I was able to think of before I went completely blank is to use a flat stone for a proofing oven. Just heat the stone to 200F and wrap it in a kitchen towel. Place your bowl or pan on the wrapped stone and cover with another kitchen towel. Voila! Proofing oven.

What's your favorite way to use a product that's not listed on the Use & Care?

Sep 22, 2017
    chefjeanine likes this.
  2. scottcooks

scottcooks Veteran Member Gold Member

Rae, you are so creative!
    -It's not a far stretch, but the second I saw the pancake blender bottle, I thought of Carnation Instant Breakfast mixing. Also, mixing a syrup and milk for Chocolate Milk. Possibly works as a container to mix Ice Cream base in, before pouring into the Ice Cream Maker.
    -With your proofing oven, you can do the same - heat a small stone, maybe personal pizza stone in 250F oven and insert in your bread basket to keep rolls warm.
    -I often use flat stones as trivets under other stones taken hot out of the oven.
    -When I'm cooking and washing a lot of dishes, the stackable cookie rack serves as a good dish drying rack, especially upside down with legs extended.
    -To clean the microwave, boil 1/2C water with a few drops of dish soap in either a 1C food prep bowl or a silicone prep bowl. The steam it makes loosens any dried-on gunk, and the liquid in a sponge or cloth works better when warm/hot.
    -If you are desperate for softened butter, you can grate it in the old Mandoline with the grating blade, or Rotary Grater or on the coarse Microplane. Work the shreds in a food prep bowl with your knife or spreader, then you're good to go.

Sep 24, 2017
    raebates likes this.
  3. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

Thanks, Scott!

Oct 21, 2017
Have something to add?