• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Business Growth: Overcoming Awkwardness in Cold Call Conversations

In summary, the director is trying to build a business and gave out drawing slips to call people. The only problem is that the caller has no idea what to say when they call.
chefHLM
I wasn't sure where to put this...hopefully I'm in the right area LOL. Anyways...I have a new HD (my director is over 6 hrs away) and she is trying to help me grow my business, she gave me some drawing slips with names of people to call. The only thing is that I have no clue on what to say when I call them! I don't know how to actually start the call without it being awkward on either end. AND most of these drawing slips are from 2006! I don't know if she's ever even got a hold of any of them for shows, etc. and she's out of town on vacation right now so I can't even call to ask. Any ideas on what to say when I call? I'm at a loss here. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

I personally wouldn't call people from slips from 2006 - especially those you've never met. I don't know what I would say to that. They probably won't remember having filled them out as well (especially if it was from a booth). JMO.

well... If you are desperate and want to call I would say something like... "Hi this is (you name) with the Pampered Chef. Suzy consultant gave me your name. She felt badly that she never followed up with you and is working with me to help build my business. I wanted to let you know I am here to help with any PC needs you might have."

go from there...

I've been debating on if I should actually call them or not. I'm horrible on the phone as it is and the awkwardness of not knowing who is on the other line doesn't help. But at the same time I need to build up my business and meet new people. I've been struggling these last few months and need all the help I can get right now. According to my director and my HD I've been doing all the right things but am still having no luck. You know it's bad when I ask for and am willing to accept help.

Do you have addresses? I would send a mini-catalog along with a bried introduction and the follow up with a call.

Oh, if she doesn't mind, I'd call them. I like the one sample call here. You can always ask them if they are pleased with the product they bought. I did an out of the blue call last week and she raved about her rice cooker. She didn't need anything but was happy to talk to me so I would encourage you to try. Be positive and confident.

I tend to get a LOT of answering machines so be prepared for that as well. Make sure to include something like, "I'll try you next week to see if there's anything you need."

I also like to get people's email address for cheap communication. After they've said they don't want to host a show, then simply say "can I add you to my email list for monthly specials and recipes. I promise it's never more than once a month and you'll also have my info if you need anything."

What is the "Odd Situation...i Guess"?

The "Odd Situation...i Guess" refers to a popular product from Pampered Chef that is designed to help with kitchen organization and storage.

How does the "Odd Situation...i Guess" work?

The "Odd Situation...i Guess" is a collapsible wire rack with multiple compartments that can be used to hold various kitchen items such as cutting boards, baking sheets, and lids. It can be easily adjusted to fit different sizes and shapes of items.

Is the "Odd Situation...i Guess" dishwasher safe?

Yes, the "Odd Situation...i Guess" is dishwasher safe. It is recommended to place it on the top rack of the dishwasher for best results.

Can the "Odd Situation...i Guess" be used for other purposes besides kitchen organization?

While the "Odd Situation...i Guess" is primarily designed for kitchen use, it can also be used for organizing office supplies, craft materials, or any other items that need to be stored in a compact and organized manner.

Does the "Odd Situation...i Guess" come with a warranty?

Yes, the "Odd Situation...i Guess" comes with a limited lifetime warranty. If there are any defects in materials or workmanship, Pampered Chef will replace the product free of charge.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef Bobby
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Nanisu
  • kitchenqueen
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
kitchenqueen
  • yummybytes